✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
OK, I see your point. Can this be moved? thanks
I'll see what I can do. I don't have permissions myself.

ETA: This may take a while. There are almost no staff online and this would be a lower priority than some more serious problems ...

Upvote 0

LawrenceRaymond

Sep 21, 2017
Liberty, Missouri
✟10,299.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
sure, but according to the profiles, you and Lawrence are not. two non Orthodox should not be having their own conversation on here

Greetings ArmyMatt, I am a firm believer in 'netiquette'. What would be the best location on this forum to move to? Shlama w'Burkate, LawrenceRaymond

Upvote 0

Fílos-tou-Iisou

Aug 29, 2017
Brierley Hill
✟8,850.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'll see what I can do. I don't have permissions myself.

ETA: This may take a while. There are almost no staff online and this would be a lower priority than some more serious problems ...

Many thanks

Reactions: ~Anastasia~
Upvote 0

LawrenceRaymond

Sep 21, 2017
Liberty, Missouri
✟10,299.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Greetings Anastasia, I think "Theology (Christians only)" >> "Christian Sxriptures" >> "Bibliology & Hermeneutics" would be the best location. The description under the heading "Bibliology & Hermeneutics" reads "The study of the Bible and Scriptures, and its interpretation and translation."

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Greetings Anastasia, I think "Theology (Christians only)" >> "Christian Sxriptures" >> "Bibliology & Hermeneutics" would be the best location. The description under the heading "Bibliology & Hermeneutics" reads "The study of the Bible and Scriptures, and its interpretation and translation."
I thought I you are right. I first checked Christian Scriptures, but the TOS says it is to discuss certain passages. I didn't see the subforum you mention. I didn't WANT to suggest history, but I wasn't seeing anyplace better. Thanks!

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
you all could also PM each other. sorry if I sounded grumpy or anything, but these threads can turn into messes if we don't keep the rules.

I know, Matt. I kept hoping it would come around perhaps to some particular manuscripts or info we have, but it hasn't. It isn't appropriate here, but I have to wait on someone else to move it. And sometimes it ends up just getting shut down which I didn't want to see happen either. Especially with two new members. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
It is more to do with Textual studies

By the way, welcome to you both, Filos-tou-Iisou and LawrenceRaymond!

We ARE glad that you've joined us, though the thread is needing to be moved. We have many forum areas, with different rules in some cases, and different purposes. If you ever wonder, most forums have a Statement of Purpose explaining what kinds of posts and who may post there. It's not nearly as complex as it might look though, and most people find a handful of areas thst suit their purposes and frequent then. Anytime you have a question though, feel free to ask. :)

Again, welcome to you both. God be with you. :) Feel free to drop into TAW to discuss in fellowship anytime. It just seems this particular text doesn't have overmuch to go with us (more so the Oriental Orthodox, I think).

Hopefully we will get it moved to a suitable area soon. :)

• Agree
Reactions: ArmyMatt
Upvote 0

LawrenceRaymond

Sep 21, 2017
Liberty, Missouri
✟10,299.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Overall then, you think the Easter Test is more accurate? I have been curious about it for some time.

Sorry for taking so long to get back with you. The answer is emphatically YES! The introduction to William Norton's work is quite lengthy but well worth it if you want to fully understand why people of various denominational persuasions are so enthusiastic about the Aramaic Peshitta Text.

A translation, in English daily used, of the Peshito-Syriac text, and of the received Greek text, of Hebrews, James, 1 Peter, and 1 John : with an introduction on the Peshito-Syriac text, and the revised Greek text of 1881 : Norton, William : Free Download & Streaming : Internet Archive

Upvote 0