• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Texas Roll Call

Discussion in 'United States Regional Forum' started by LonneWolf, Nov 29, 2006.

1. HumbleMan

HumbleMan Ragamuffin

+262
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    My wife lived in McKinney for awhile. She said her neighborhood was at the end of a white rock road back then, but it's since been paved.

2. FatFarmBoy

FatFarmBoy New Member

+1
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    I just might check it out

3. FatFarmBoy

FatFarmBoy New Member

+1
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    My wife was born downtown a block off the square. The hospital isn't there anymore. Mckinney is growing real fast.

4. FatFarmBoy

FatFarmBoy New Member

+1
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    We got 4 inches last night

5. Ariel

Ariel Servant

+8,275
    Christian
    Married
    Hello y'all!

I saw there was a roll call, count me in!

Let me see--born in Aurora, Colorado, raised in Germany, Maryland and Austria. Lived and graduated from high school in Vienna, Virginia. Went to Penn State. Lived in New Mexico. Then moved 25 years ago to Texas. I don't think I'll ever move again. Maybe I wasn't born or raised here, but Texas is my home state, and the place where I feel like I belong.

6. gmoe240

gmoe240 Junior Member

+4
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Checking in for the Texas Roll Call. Very proud Texan born and bred in Texas and all but a few stray branches of my family tree got here in the mid 1800's. The rest waited until around 1900 to get here as quick as they could.
    Born and raised in Weatherford, now living in the small town of Grandview about 30 miles south of Ft Worth.

Gary

7. Twisted

Twisted Member

+5
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Republican
    Hurst, TX. in the house!

8. sinneD

sinneD Well-Known Member

+713
    Christian
    Married
    Hey Twisted..

Welcome to CF ... :wave:

Come join us in the Men's Corner..

9. psalmody

psalmody Active Member

+43
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Republican
    HOWDY! FROM BIG SPRING, TX!:wave:

10. BobfromSales

BobfromSales New Member

+2
    Methodist
    Married
    Howdy from Waco.

11. HumbleMan

HumbleMan Ragamuffin

+262
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    My wife and I are hoping to move to the Big Spring/Midland area in a few years. We work for the VA and will try to transfer out there. We've got good friends in Odessa, and visit every year. Plus, your real estate prices are really good compared to where I live right now.

12. allieisme

allieisme I am ME

+344
    Pentecostal
    Married
    US-Republican
    Does anyone know a good Pentecostal Church near Texas City or Dickinson?

13. TexasCatholic

TexasCatholic Well-Known Member

+118
    Catholic
    Do you live in one of those areas? There's enough churches per-capita in the Houston metro area to choke a donkey :) Heh, seriously, though Texas City/Dickinson is now merely a suburb of Houston. There's absolutely nothing you cannot find somewhere within a 45 minute drive.

-Michael

14. micbmac

micbmac Veteran

+63
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    born and raised a proud Texan :)

15. txchurchlady

txchurchlady New Member

+1
    Pentecostal
    Married
    US-Republican
    TX newbie poppin' in! :wave:

16. sinneD

sinneD Well-Known Member

+713
    Christian
    Married
    Welcome... :)

17. BobfromSales

BobfromSales New Member

+2
    Methodist
    Married
    Check with the Chamber of Commerce, or see the local newspaper on a Saturday. That's when they have church ads.

18. MoNiCaAnNe

MoNiCaAnNe New Member

+1
    Christian
    Single
    Hi!!! Im from Texas!

Hometown San Antonio, But I go to Texas State University and live in San Marcos during the school year! Will be a junior! and attend Christ Church (a newly formed church) for those who live in san Marcos come and check us out!!!

Nice to meet everyone!!!

God Bless!

19. sinneD

sinneD Well-Known Member

+713
    Christian
    Married
    Hey, welcome to CF.. let me know if I can help you find your way around...:wave:

20. Mary of Bethany

Mary of Bethany Only one thing is needful. Supporter

+903
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    Hey! That sounds like my family. :thumbsup: Both sides were in North Texas by the 1850s-1860s (my mom's side came by wagon train from Illinois - 6 week trip); and my dad's family settled in Parker County. I spent a lot of time in Weatherford as a kid, visiting relatives.

Too cool! I grew up in Hurst - go Blue Raiders! ^_^

I was born in Fort Worth and have lived in the DFW area all my life. I'm currently on the east side of Dallas county and attend church in Plano.

Mary