sinneD

Jan 21, 2007
Dallas, Texas
✟15,859.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hey! That sounds like my family. :thumbsup: Both sides were in North Texas by the 1850s-1860s (my mom's side came by wagon train from Illinois - 6 week trip); and my dad's family settled in Parker County. I spent a lot of time in Weatherford as a kid, visiting relatives.

Too cool! I grew up in Hurst - go Blue Raiders! ^_^

I was born in Fort Worth and have lived in the DFW area all my life. I'm currently on the east side of Dallas county and attend church in Plano.

Mary
Hey Mary...:wave:

I am in Allen

Upvote 0

sinneD

Jan 21, 2007
Dallas, Texas
✟15,859.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi,

Just wanted to pop in and say...well hi. I just moved to Dallas. Glad to be here:)! Also, can anyone recomend a good Baptist church? I'm totally lost. Thanks.
sure... what part of Dallas are you in ? (I am in the Plano / Allen / McKinney area)

Dennis

Upvote 0

sinneD

Jan 21, 2007
Dallas, Texas
✟15,859.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi,

Thanks for the help!:) I'm in Highland Park. I have an aunt and cousins in Plano.
Several good Baptist churches around here.. you are not that far from downtown, and First Baptist is a very good church.. but you have to go downtown...

Upvote 0

FrauleinElsa

Veni,Veni Emanuel...
Sep 19, 2005
Highland Park, Texas
✟4,196.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Several good Baptist churches around here.. you are not that far from downtown, and First Baptist is a very good church.. but you have to go downtown...

Hi:wave: ! Thanks again for the help. I didn't realise that I was that close to downtown. That's oretty cool. At least I think so. I'm a city kind of girl. I don't mind going downtown. I'm going to be working downtown anyway. I start a new job on Monday.Thanks for the suggestion. I'll have to try that one. I appreicate the help.

Upvote 0

sinneD

Jan 21, 2007
Dallas, Texas
✟15,859.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi:wave: ! Thanks again for the help. I didn't realise that I was that close to downtown. That's oretty cool. At least I think so. I'm a city kind of girl. I don't mind going downtown. I'm going to be working downtown anyway. I start a new job on Monday.Thanks for the suggestion. I'll have to try that one. I appreicate the help.
where do you work ??
And if you are off Central, take the Dart from Mockingbird Stations

Reactions: FrauleinElsa
Upvote 0

christianmomof3

pursuing Christ
Apr 12, 2005
in Christ
✟25,915.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi,

Thanks for the help!:) I'm in Highland Park. I have an aunt and cousins in Plano.
:wave: Hi! I went to Highland Park High School.
I don't know about churches there because I was Jewish then.
I hope you enjoy living there!

Upvote 0

TexasBluebonnet

This world has nothing for me...
Feb 27, 2007
Cedar Hill, TX :)!!
✟25,629.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Hi,

Just wanted to pop in and say...well hi. I just moved to Dallas. Glad to be here:)! Also, can anyone recomend a good Baptist church? I'm totally lost. Thanks.

Hey:wave: , Welcome friend! Glad you're here:) !

Upvote 0

sinneD

Jan 21, 2007
Dallas, Texas
✟15,859.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
where do you work ??
And if you are off Central, take the Dart from Mockingbird Stations
Well, considering where you work, DART isn't going to work out for you.. but from where you are that isn't a bad drive, and you shouldn't have any parking problems..

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mary of Bethany

Only one thing is needful.
Site Supporter
Jul 8, 2004
✟341,456.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Hi,

Park Cities Baptist Church is very close to Highland Park, in University Park. Take Preston Rd. north to Northwest Highway, turn right one block.

Welcome to the area! :wave:

Mary

Upvote 0

sinneD

Jan 21, 2007
Dallas, Texas
✟15,859.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Park Cities Baptist Church is very close to Highland Park, in University Park. Take Preston Rd. north to Northwest Highway, turn right one block.

Mary
Oh Yeah.. Park Cities is a good church

Our parish just bought land on the southern edge of Allen. We're going to start building on it in a couple of months. :clap:

Mary

Cool...:cool: ... I'll look for the dedication ceremony

Upvote 0

FrauleinElsa

Veni,Veni Emanuel...
Sep 19, 2005
Highland Park, Texas
✟4,196.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Mary

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll have to try it and thanks for the directions. I really appreciate it.:)

Upvote 0

FrauleinElsa

Veni,Veni Emanuel...
Sep 19, 2005
Highland Park, Texas
✟4,196.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hey,

By any chance does anyone have any extra blessings lying around? I'm wanting to change my user name to something...a little more Texas sounding and I have the perfect one in mind, but I don't nearly have enough. Can anyone help a girl out, ;)? If not, it's okay. Just thought I'd ask.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FrauleinElsa

Veni,Veni Emanuel...
Sep 19, 2005
Highland Park, Texas
✟4,196.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hi,

Just wanted to update real quick. I started my new job and I'm exhausted. I got home and took a nap. I never do that. Unless I'm really sick or something. And I tried Park Cities Baptist Church yesterday. I really enjoyed the service and everything. The people were so friendly and the atmosphere was so welcoming. I'm definitely going back. Thanks Mary of Bethany for suggesting it:)!

Upvote 0

Mary of Bethany

Only one thing is needful.
Site Supporter
Jul 8, 2004
✟341,456.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Hi,

Just wanted to update real quick. I started my new job and I'm exhausted. I got home and took a nap. I never do that. Unless I'm really sick or something. And I tried Park Cities Baptist Church yesterday. I really enjoyed the service and everything. The people were so friendly and the atmosphere was so welcoming. I'm definitely going back. Thanks Mary of Bethany for suggesting it:)!

You're welcome. Glad you liked it. I happen to work in Preston Center so I pass by it all the time. And back in my Baptist days my church choir sang there. It's a very pretty church.

Mary

Upvote 0

Goobersmooch

Apr 3, 2006
Texas
Visit site
✟8,480.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hey yall! haven't been on here in a long time. i forgot about this board. i am a Garland, Texas resident. So good to see a section dedicated to Texas! :) It's a fun state. Could do without all the rain this summer. i know we needed it but i like to swim. everytime i go out to try and put my new pool up (I got for my birthday in MAY) it rains on me. i kid you not. i was literally out there for 30 seconds one day and the rain started coming down. My health hasnt been so great this sunny week or i would attempt to go to a public pool. i have given up on my own this summer. lol. :swoon:

Upvote 0

TexasBluebonnet

This world has nothing for me...
Feb 27, 2007
Cedar Hill, TX :)!!
✟25,629.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Yeah, I know just what you mean. I have a brand new swim suit with the tags still on it, that I bought back in May and I haven't been able to wear it :( Oh well. Maybe soon. You know with the heat and all, hopefully there will be enough time to swim still. By the way does anyone watch channel 4 in Dallas? I only watch 4 so I'm not sure if anyone else is saying this, but I'm getting sick and tired of hearing the weathermen say, "The summer that never was." As if it hasn't been hot. Grrr...I mean, it feels like summer to me. Hmmm...oh well

Upvote 0