Texas immigration bill allowing local police to arrest migrants clears state house

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,101,602.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
The Texas state House of Representatives passed three bills Thursday morning intended to bolster border security.

One bill sets aside over $1 billion to construct border barriers, and the second increases sentences for human trafficking.

The third — known as House Bill 4 — would allow local police to arrest and deport illegal migrants.

God Bless Texas!

• Agree
Reactions: Vambram

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Someone has to do something, the Biden administration is turning America into a 3rd world country.
I notice the economy grew at a faster-than-expected rate, again last month, and unemployment continues to be low.
This is what republicans now consider to be "third world."

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Notice that the republicans scream about stopping illegal immigration, but never do anything of substance to stop it. Most illegal immigrants now come in legally, and just overstay. Why won't they do anything about that?

A 2012 United States Department of Agriculture Economic Research Service study used a simulation analysis to estimate the impact a 5.8-million-person reduction in the number of unauthorized workers—agricultural and nonagricultural. This was compared to a base forecast which simulated how the economy would evolve under current laws and policies.

The unauthorized workforce was assumed to decrease by 2.1 million over the first 5 years. In Year 5, the unauthorized workforce in the U.S. economy as a whole would be 4.0 million people smaller than in the base forecast. Growth in the unauthorized workforce was assumed to resume thereafter but at a slower pace than in the base forecast. By Year 15, the projected size of the unauthorized workforce was 8.5 million, compared with 14.3 million in the base forecast, a difference of 5.8 million, or 40%.

Here is a summary of the study’s findings.
In the long term, overall gross national product accruing to U.S.-born and foreign-born, permanent residents would fall by about 1%, compared with the base forecast. This result indicated that the negative economic effects generated by the departure of a significant portion of the labor force outweighed the positive effects on the wages of U.S.-born workers and other permanent residents employed in lower paying occupations.

"Bad for bidness", as they say in Texas. It's political football; they don't really want to do anything effective about it.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,101,602.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
  • Winner
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Republicans complaining that more people are being apprehended on the border. :|
They liked it better when Trump was letting them through.
Here's why it's different:
iu

And here's why it's not the big issue; in 2000 there were 1,600,000 apprehensions, ten times the maximum of the last few years.
southwest-border-fy-data-1.jpg

More political theater from the republicans who are increasingly agitated about the civil war going on in their own party.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Seems the wire is illegal. It violates a number of international treaties to which the U.S. is a part. Paxton, as you might know, was impeached as AG by the republican-dominated Texas House for a variety of crimes he committed in office (the even more republican-dominated Senate let him off), and is currently under felony indictment for securities fraud. He had to settle an embarrassing lawsuit by his own staffers whom he had slandered over another corruption case. Would you like some more details?

Just to give you some idea how Ken regards laws and illegalities.

God Bless Texas!

It's extremely hard to convict a crooked politician in Texas. And that goes for democrats as well as republicans.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,101,602.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Republicans complaining that more people are being apprehended on the border. :|
They liked it better when Trump was letting them through.
Here's why it's different:
iu

And here's why it's not the big issue; in 2000 there were 1,600,000 apprehensions, ten times the maximum of the last few years.
southwest-border-fy-data-1.jpg

More political theater from the republicans who are increasingly agitated about the civil war going on in their own party.
What your charts don't show is that fewer illegals were attempting to cross the border. That is most likely because before Biden came along, when they were caught, they were deported. Now we have the Biden Administration cutting the fences in Texas to invite criminals in. After the criminals give the agents a bump, and a "gracias;" they get processed to poof up Biden's catch and release numbers, the Biden Administration releases these criminals on our soil. Then they lose track of most of them. These are just the ones that are actually caught, after Biden and crew squandered the materials that the taxpayers already payed for, and continues to cut the fences that Texans are paying for.

Now some on the Left want to pat Biden on the back for that?

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,101,602.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Seems the wire is illegal. It violates a number of international treaties to which the U.S. is a part.
No it's not; and no it doesn't. There is no treaty that says that I can't have a fence on my private property.

The Biden Administration, is trespassing on private property, and vandalizing fences.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
What your charts don't show is that fewer illegals were attempting to cross the border.
Show us that.

. That is most likely because before Biden came along, when they were caught, they were deported.
That's what's happening to them now. What did you think was happening?
Now we have the Biden Administration cutting the fences in Texas to invite criminals in.
No, that happened pretty much as soon as Trump had fences put up. Turns out, the design was extremely easy to cut. Biden is actually trying to fix some of the failures of the fence:

From the right-wing Cato Institute:
One of former President Donald Trump’s main presidential accomplishments was constructing hundreds of miles of wall along the U.S.-Mexico border. President Joe Biden temporarily suspended work on some unfinished sections in January 2021, but is now plugging some “holes” in Trump’s wall and adding some other portions. He shouldn’t bother. A few miles won’t fix what hundreds of miles already failed to. It’s time to just admit: Trump’s wall did not work.
The Trump border wall failed for all the predictable reasons. Immigrants used cheap ladders to climb over it, or they free climb it. They used cheap power tools to cut through it. They cut through small pieces and squeezed through, and they cut through big sections and drove through. In one small section in 2020, they sawed through at least 18 times that Border Patrol knew about in a month. They also made tunnels. Some tunnels were long, including the longest one ever discovered, but some were short enough just to get past the barrier.

Read the article; the details are important.
border%20fence.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Seems the wire is illegal. It violates a number of international treaties to which the U.S. is a part.

No it's not; and no it doesn't. There is no treaty that says that I can't have a fence on my private property.
The Rio Grande River is not anyone's private property. It was the razor wire in the river that was removed for the reasons I mentioned. Crazy as that sounds, Trump had a crazier idea...

Frustrated with a record number of people seeking asylum at the U.S.-Mexico border this spring, President Donald Trump at one point asked in a private meeting with close aides whether the U.S. could shoot migrants below the waist to slow them down.
Sources interviewed by ABC News say Trump’s aides discouraged the idea of shooting unarmed migrants and it was never acted upon. But Trump remained focused on the idea, bringing it up again in the private Oval Office meeting in March 2019, when the number of undocumented migrants arriving at the border topped 100,000 for that month alone.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,101,602.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Show us that.
Come to Texas and see for yourself. Wait...nope you don't even have to do that anymore. Northern Blue cities are even complaining about it now.

• Agree
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,101,602.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,101,602.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I live in Texas. I couldn't find any evidence of it, either. So what makes you think it's true, then?
I just came back from a job near the border. It was about 15 miles from the interstate to the caliche driveway, and about another 10 miles up the driveway. A mobile unit was brought in for accommodations. Two days before I showed up, a new truck was found about 100 or 200 feet from where I was sleeping. I slept with a gun, The truck was stolen in San Antonio, and I suppose ran out of gas in the remote place where I was staying. An oil pipeline ran nearby. I was told that the cartels cut fences and travel up the mowed easements for the pipelines, to avoid detection.

In my county crime has skyrocketed under the Biden Administration. The cartels are engaged in human trafficing and it is accompanied by rampant violent crimes, and crimes against property.

I could go on an on about the evidence that is all around me; and your lack of awareness doesn't make it go away.

• Agree
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics