Supreme Court green lights Texas law that allows state police to arrest migrants.

Adam56

Nov 4, 2023
Nashville
✟15,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Good. Time for law and order to take over and send these evil invaders back to where they came from.

Fitting song.

Last edited by a moderator:

The IbanezerScrooge

I can't believe what I'm hearing...
Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟244,390.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
"evil invaders"?? Are you being serious right now? Migrants coming to pick your strawberries are "evil invaders"? What, I guess the next step is to just say they aren't even people, then. Not even human. Just "animals." amiright?

The inconsistency from the court is kind of glaring, though. They ruled Trump couldn't be removed by a state from a federal election, but a state can encroach on federal jurisdiction on immigration. How's that work?

Upvote 0

Adam56

Nov 4, 2023
Nashville
✟15,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"evil invaders"?? Are you being serious right now? Migrants coming to pick your strawberries are "evil invaders"? What, I guess the next step is to just say they aren't even people, then. Not even human. Just "animals." amiright?
That’s an insane leap in logic.

These people are breaking laws which are created for national security. It is perfectly right to describe their illegal activity as evil. And it’s absolutely disgusting how you’re trying to paint someone like me, a law abiding citizen, of being an evil dehumanizer, and defend these criminals.

• Agree
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,430,850.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Justices Sonia Sotomayor, Elena Kagan and Ketanji Brown Jackson:

“Today, the court invites further chaos and crisis in immigration enforcement,” Justice Sotomayor wrote. “Texas passed a law that directly regulates the entry and removal of noncitizens and explicitly instructs its state courts to disregard any ongoing federal immigration proceedings. That law upends the federal-state balance of power that has existed for over a century, in which the national government has had exclusive authority over entry and removal of noncitizens.”

A similar law was struck down by the court in Arizona years ago....after Sheriff Joe's deputies violated the civil rights of Latino appearing American citizens. The same will play out across the State of Texas. Law enforcement simply is not trained to do immigration enforcement while protecting the civil rights of legal American citizens and residents.

The USSC referred the case back to the lower court for a decision.

Upvote 0

Adam56

Nov 4, 2023
Nashville
✟15,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There is nothing "evil" about them. Just stop.
They are breaking laws. Romans 13 says that you are to submit to governing authorities, and these people think they are justified in breaking the law, they are not.

• Agree
Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,430,850.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
\
They are breaking laws. Romans 13 says that you are to submit to governing authorities, and these people think they are justified in breaking the law, they are not.

Sure, but they are not evil. There is no biblical basis to call them evil. None.

Upvote 0

Adam56

Nov 4, 2023
Nashville
✟15,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sure, but they are not evil. There is no biblical basis to call them evil. None.
Romans 13:3
For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:

• Agree
Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,430,850.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Romans 13:3
For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:

Yes, rulers enforce the law against those who commit evil acts. That includes everyone, not just people coming here illegally.
Crossing a border illegally is not an evil act.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,430,850.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes it is.

A 15 year old girl illegally crosses the border to apply for asylum as her home town gang is threatening to kill her if she does not join.

The 15 year old girl is gang-raped by smugglars.

Are both of those evil acts in your view?

Upvote 0

Adam56

Nov 4, 2023
Nashville
✟15,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
A 15 year old girl illegally crosses the border to apply for asylum as her home town gang is threatening to kill her if she does not join.
This response reminds me of how feminists want to legalize abortion with the excuse that some women get pregnant from rape, when literally 1% of abortions are for that reason.

It's the exception to the rule.

• Agree
Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,430,850.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This response reminds me of how feminists want to legalize abortion with the excuse that some women get pregnant from rape, when literally 1% of abortions are for that reason.

It's the exception to the rule.

Answer the question.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,192,788.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Adam56

Nov 4, 2023
Nashville
✟15,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Again stretching evil to cover things well outside any reasonable definition of the word.
Nope, it’s perfectly reasonable to describe illegal border crossings as evil.
I haven’t.
Yea, you have. You’re trying to say that me calling illegal immigration “evil” is rendering the term meaningless, downplaying the evil act of illegal border crossing.

• Agree
Upvote 0