Texas City Pulls nativity, despite objections of atheists.

KitKatMatt

stupid bleeding heart feminist liberal
May 2, 2013
✟29,520.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Thrash Metalhead

I'm not so Grump
Sep 21, 2015
North Carolina
✟33,472.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
All this news sounds typical of right wing Christians.
Hey now, why is it when something like this happens people are quick to blame all conservatives? I bet liberals do their fair share too.

Upvote 0

JGG

Mar 12, 2006
✟58,445.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Hey now, why is it when something like this happens people are quick to blame all conservatives? I bet liberals do their fair share too.

Their fair share of using their guns to shoot signs put up by atheists in Texas? I think the Texas liberals are busy saving unicorns from leprechauns with their lightsabers.

Upvote 0

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Also, to everyone unaware, in Orange there is currently a problem with people vandalizing Adopt-A-Highway signs because of the atheist group that takes care of a two mile stretch of road:

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friend...t-adopt-a-highway-signs-vandalized-for-jesus/

At first it was just graffiti, then the bullets came:

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friend...-highway-signs-in-texas-riddled-with-bullets/

This is a terrifying place to live.
Wow. Texas strikes again.

Reactions: Cearbhall
Upvote 0

KitKatMatt

May 2, 2013
✟29,520.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

That may be true for other places, but in this specific area the vast majority of people are conservative Christians, and there is always a big back lash against anything too "liberal" (related to both politics and religion).

So their assumption is actually pretty accurate for this one area.

Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

stamperben

It's an old family tradition
Oct 16, 2011
✟53,694.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Also, to everyone unaware, in Orange there is currently a problem with people vandalizing Adopt-A-Highway signs because of the atheist group that takes care of a two mile stretch of road:

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friend...t-adopt-a-highway-signs-vandalized-for-jesus/

At first it was just graffiti, then the bullets came:

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friend...-highway-signs-in-texas-riddled-with-bullets/

This is a terrifying place to live.
I steer as far away from that little corner of the state as I can.

Upvote 0

KitKatMatt

May 2, 2013
✟29,520.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I steer as far away from that little corner of the state as I can.

If not for the people, then for the sake of your lungs!

I just love the smell of boiled cabbage in the morning from the local chemical refineries.

Upvote 0

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟173,734.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
So, let me get this straight. The city allowed a nativity scene to be put up. An atheist group came along and simply wanted a Happy Holidays sign, and that is perceived as an anti-Christ and offensive act by the city, so now everyone must take their toys and go home? Perhaps it's for the best though.

I've only driven through Texas once (the top of it- been to Amarillo) on the way to Albuquerque (and I've been to the Dallas/Fort Worth airport- but I don't really count airports).

Upvote 0

KitKatMatt

May 2, 2013
✟29,520.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
So, let me get this straight. The city allowed a nativity scene to be put up. An atheist group came along and simply wanted a Happy Holidays sign, and that is perceived as an anti-Christ and offensive act by the city, so now everyone must take their toys and go home? Perhaps it's for the best though.

Yup, that's what happened. The city threw a temper tantrum on par with a child who is upset that someone ELSE gets to drink chocolate milk, too!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟173,734.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Yup, that's what happened. The city threw a temper tantrum on par with a child who is upset that someone ELSE gets to drink chocolate milk, too!
See, when I hear crazy stories from places in Texas- because I don't live in a place like that- I sometimes find it difficult to believe they could be true. However, I realize that's just wishful thinking on my part. It does make me grateful about where I live though.

But even places I've been to and through many times can surprise me. For example, while I don't live in Alabama, I have relatives there and have been there many times over the years. A few years back, I was watching this show called Top Gear (it's from the UK) and they were driving through Alabama. I so wanted to believe that the rednecks chasing after them and attacking them was staged, but then I realized it likely wasn't, as a 'Man Love Rules' sign and expressing love of Hillary Clinton would probably be the thing to set off the rabble.

Upvote 0

JGG

Mar 12, 2006
✟58,445.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private

I've only driven through Texas once (the top of it- been to Amarillo) on the way to Albuquerque (and I've been to the Dallas/Fort Worth airport- but I don't really count airports).

H@ppy Holid@ys is quite the offensive term.

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟868,740.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Whatever happened with that military mission to take over the state? Oh, that's right, nothing.

Darn right nothing happened. They know better than to mess with.

Reactions: s_gunter
Upvote 0

JGG

Mar 12, 2006
✟58,445.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Darn right nothing happened. They know better than to mess with.

A little off topic, but I'm selling a new cutting edge phone app that wards off tiger attacks. Only $10.99 and you are guaranteed not to be mauled by a tiger while it is properly installed on your mobile device. With the rise of tiger attacks you can hardly afford not to get it. Only works in the U.S., Canada and U.K. I only take major credit cards. Available on apple and android. Panther ward coming soon.

Upvote 0