terrorist attack in Oregon!

JGG

Mar 12, 2006
✟58,445.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
The point is plenty of people on this forum have either called for, or justified after the fact, gunning down of other people in similar circumstances.

But the thing is, at least these guys aren't Muslim. That would make it so much worse because Muslims do bad things in other places.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,865.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Do the people in this forum calling for the government to gun down protestors seriously think that is a Christian response?
Jeez what Christians support the gunning down of protesters? I think you have us mixed up with someone else.

Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

JGG

Mar 12, 2006
✟58,445.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Jeez what Christians support the gunning down of protesters? I think you have us mixed up with someone else.

It's true. We may have Jesus confused with Jerry. You know Jerry, that guy who says "blessed are those who are armed at all times" and "Do unto others before they shoot you"?

Wow, Jerry. Whatever happened to that guy?

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,465.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Protests in Ferguson spring to mind, the many, many instances of post hoc justifications of police brutality are another. The blatant mistrust and demonising of, and calls for restriction and repression of, Muslims would have to be a third. You've been here a while, you've seen the sort of claims people make. Not to mention in the wider community.
Thank you for your response.
I'm having trouble seeing any of these things as similar to what is going on in Oregon, though, maybe unjustified police brutality would be similar.

I truly don't remember anyone calling for abuse against peaceful assemblies in Ferguson, only against rioters and looters. In the police brutality cases there have been times that there has been disagreements about whether it was justified or not, this is true.
I don't remember anyone advising that the feds, or anyone else, should violently attack or arrest Muslims who have not committed any crime, but maybe I missed those posts.

Upvote 0

JGG

Mar 12, 2006
✟58,445.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Thank you for your response.
I'm having trouble seeing any of these things as similar to what is going on in Oregon, though, maybe unjustified police brutality would be similar.

I truly don't remember anyone calling for abuse against peaceful assemblies in Ferguson, only against rioters and looters. In the police brutality cases there have been times that there has been disagreements about whether it was justified or not, this is true.
I don't remember anyone advising that the feds, or anyone else, should violently attack or arrest Muslims who have not committed any crime, but maybe I missed those posts.

What's your favorite Beach Boys song?

Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
But the thing is, at least these guys aren't Muslim. That would make it so much worse because Muslims do bad things in other places.

Speaking of which, you know Jon Ritzheimer, the guy who made that tearful goodbye video to his family saying he had to defend the Constitution? He is the one who led that nasty anti-Islam protest in front of the mosque in Phoenix. Apparently he doesn't think the First Amendment should extend to Muslims, but the Hammonds have a Constitutional right to commit arson on government land. He has called for a ban on the Qur'an because supposedly it promotes terrorism, but then he turns around and threatened to have an armed militia arrest all the lawmakers who supported the Iran deal for treason. I believe that falls under the category of making terroristic threats. So does the video posting he made in which he cocked a handgun and said, "We're coming for you," referring to Muslims.
Oh yeah, he rallied against Walmart for taking the Confederate flag off their shelves.

Definitely a guy capable of terrorism.

Upvote 0

Truthspoon

Jan 6, 2016
England
✟7,630.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Oh? Nothing compared to what the US and British army has done in Iraq..... over a million dead....who are the real bad guys......... I think you're being taught to hate an enemy.... As Christians we ought to be particularly vigilant to those who would rouse our base emotions and use those to further an agenda of war.

By the way I've spent 10 years living and working in the Muslim world.....They're really not the beasts you're told they are....they're people who work, love their families and for the most part, try to live their lives by God's commandments...

Reactions: katherine2001
Upvote 0

JGG

Mar 12, 2006
✟58,445.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Sorry...I don't have the tone of this place yet....Thankyou.

Don't worry, I reject this place's tone and substitute my own! I break dance to the beat of a different boom box. I see dead people.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Truthspoon

Jan 6, 2016
England
✟7,630.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Don't worry, I reject this place's tone and substitute my own! I break dance to the beat of a different boom box. I see dead people.

You got me good there......I'm so used to dealing with people on the internet being sucked into the media '2 minutes of hate' agenda and trying to explain to them that they're being played.....that it's an invented enemy, and in most instances of Islamic terror eye-witness reports don't actually seem to describe typical Muslim terrorists at all, but blue eyed juiced up mercenaries, and that real Muslims are a jolly nice bunch of people..... anyway I'm veering into conspiracy theory stuff and I'm gonna try to keep that to myself a bit while I'm here.....

Just here to bask in the virual presence of other Christians and other general nice folks..... I feel better already...

Upvote 0

JGG

Mar 12, 2006
✟58,445.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Speaking of which, you know Jon Ritzheimer, the guy who made that tearful goodbye video to his family saying he had to defend the Constitution? He is the one who led that nasty anti-Islam protest in front of the mosque in Phoenix. Apparently he doesn't think the First Amendment should extend to Muslims, but the Hammonds have a Constitutional right to commit arson on government land. He has called for a ban on the Qur'an because supposedly it promotes terrorism, but then he turns around and threatened to have an armed militia arrest all the lawmakers who supported the Iran deal for treason. I believe that falls under the category of making terroristic threats. So does the video posting he made in which he cocked a handgun and said, "We're coming for you," referring to Muslims.
Oh yeah, he rallied against Walmart for taking the Confederate flag off their shelves.

Definitely a guy capable of terrorism.

But, I don't think you understand: He cannot be a terrorist, he's white and a Christian. It's like saying women can be doctors, there could be a Latino President of the United States, or Arrested Development could be on Network TV.

Reactions: Truthspoon
Upvote 0

CyberPaladin

Veteran
Dec 2, 2005
✟53,287.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

jenny1972

we are not all knowing
Oct 12, 2012
✟18,139.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So it's only terror if someone actually gets hurt? Until then it's just a bunch of armed guys occupying a government building threatening to shoot anyone who tries to make them leave? :scratch:

uhmmm...yeah it is:

Well, except this is actually, according to the dictionary, terrorism. :wave:

You're really cute when you do that whole: "I really feel sorry for your not being able to see I'm right and you're wrong!". :)

And miss all this sparkling discussion? heaven forfend! :eek:
tulc(always loves these posts!) ;)

and thats exactly the problem the current broad definition of "terrorist" can apply to any protestor as long as someone claims to feel threatened by certain opinions they can be labeled a terrorist by the current vague definition that currently exists that would be ok if it were not for the fact that once a person is labeled a terrorist they can have their rights taken away .

Upvote 0

jenny1972

we are not all knowing
Oct 12, 2012
✟18,139.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
actually there are a variety of different definitions of the word "terrorist" and all are very general not specific and can be applied to any critic or protestor if someone claims to feel threatened by their words or protest as is already happening . as long as being charged with terrorist threats or terrorism doesnt result in any unfair treatment or sentence it wouldnt matter but thats not the case its a federal crime the current broad definition of "terrorist" can apply to any protestor as long as someone claims to feel threatened by certain opinions they can be labeled a terrorist by the current vague definition that exists .

Upvote 0