Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
It's not always the hours, sometimes it's the job. 40 hours a week isn't that big of a deal, it's normal. What you need is a job that isn't that hard on you with people who you like. It takes some getting used to but don't worry, you'll get used to it.

Reactions: pinkjess
Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I don't understand. Can you explain?
Most full time jobs have people working 5 days a week, 8 hours a day. If your shift began at 8:30, you would be out at 4:30 or 5:00, depending on how they counted your lunch. My larger point is that if you can survive an 8:30 to 6:00 shift, you can survive a full time schedule unless you have a condition in which your doctor would disagree with me, and those are rare for someone as young as yourself.

Upvote 0

Poppyseed78

Site Supporter
Sep 13, 2016
US
✟275,982.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I know it feels overwhelming, but you can do this. You will adjust and have the satisfaction of knowing you are independent and self-sufficient. Also, there is no magic formula for learning how to "do adult things," it just comes out of necessity.

Upvote 0

yuppers

Mar 25, 2014
Alberta
✟41,450.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sadly working is just a part of life. I wish I didn’t have to go to work every day and just do things I enjoy. But without work I wouldn’t be able to afford my house, bills, food, and hobbies. Think of it this way, sure work isn’t great but at least you’ll have more money to enjoy your free time with. That being said though, remember to give back and know the money you get is something God has provided.

Upvote 0

pinkjess

There she goes...at the speed of sound
Feb 24, 2009
✟85,038.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Sadly working is just a part of life. I wish I didn’t have to go to work every day and just do things I enjoy. But without work I wouldn’t be able to afford my house, bills, food, and hobbies. Think of it this way, sure work isn’t great but at least you’ll have more money to enjoy your free time with. That being said though, remember to give back and know the money you get is something God has provided.
Thanks. I know my money is God's. I donate often to charities and help people out.

Upvote 0

pinkjess

Feb 24, 2009
✟85,038.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I know it feels overwhelming, but you can do this. You will adjust and have the satisfaction of knowing you are independent and self-sufficient. Also, there is no magic formula for learning how to "do adult things," it just comes out of necessity.
this comforted me. thank you

Upvote 0

pinkjess

Feb 24, 2009
✟85,038.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Most full time jobs have people working 5 days a week, 8 hours a day. If your shift began at 8:30, you would be out at 4:30 or 5:00, depending on how they counted your lunch. My larger point is that if you can survive an 8:30 to 6:00 shift, you can survive a full time schedule unless you have a condition in which your doctor would disagree with me, and those are rare for someone as young as yourself.
ah ok , gotcha. thanks . this is true I suppose

Upvote 0

Willing-heart

In Christ Alone.
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2017
Gloucester
Visit site
✟221,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Bible says (in Colossians 3), "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I always had 40 hour a week employment.
Seems that if one wishes to get ahead -- 40 hours works best.
You will get use to it in time.

Seems all that I use to do sometimes was
go to work and come home and eat and then go to bed.

Paid off very well -- retired for 12 years with retirement check.
Now I can do whatever I want.

M-Bob

Upvote 0