• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

TERRIBLE sinful thoughts about Jesus I can't get rid of!

doulos

Dec 12, 2003
Catalonia, Spain
Visit site
✟506.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi, Whitehorse, good to meet you again. May the Lord continue leading and guiding. And yes, our God loves us with a jealous love, and He wants to have our attention ... because He wants the very best for us. HIMSELF. He, the source of all good, and His blessed Son, our Saviour, we are called to have Him as our own life. How much yet to learn of His love and of His ways! How warm and infinite His love, and how cold our hearts so many times. ...

in Him,

doulos

Upvote 0

benmill

Jan 19, 2005
ISRAEL, OR TROPICAL AREA
✟125.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
I've had the same problems and struggle with it. At one point i purposely thought about these horrible thoughts with Jesus because i figured if i was going to think about bad thoughts anyway its better to think about bad thoughts with Jesus than it is to think about bad thoughts with Satan. So i continued masturbating and i thought about these bad thoughts with Jesus becasue it made me feel better inside to think about Jesus than Satan...but now i feel horrible and i hate what i have done and all i ask is forgivness from the lord. I'm scared i have committed an unpardonable sin. I'm pretty sure the lord as forgiven me...but it would help to get some replies from some people telling me that the lord as really forgiven me.

Upvote 0

TheOriginalWhitehorse

Sep 1, 2003
Visit site
✟18,532.00
Faith
Calvinist
The unpardonable sin is blaspheming the Holy Spirit, apparently by verbally attributing works of God to Satan. You haven't done that. Have you received Jesus as your Lord and Savior? Do you trust in Him for forgiveness? If so, then just turn away from it, renounce it and He will forgive you.

Upvote 0

cwr89

Jul 21, 2004
✟570.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Gareth said:
I'm new here, and I really need help to stop these thoughts about Jesus which are going through my mind!! It feels like it's tearing my relationship with Jesus apart!

I used to touch quite regulary, but lately I've been really trying to stop doing it for as long as possible. But that's not why I'm posting here for. It's something MUCH worse!!!

I utterly dispise these thought that keep coming into my head! Since Saturday, in my mind, I keep on thinking of masterbating Jesus when he's on the cross!!

It's HORRIBLE!!! Whenever I think of Jesus, that sinful image comes into my mind! It's always constant, and it's taking over all my thoughts! This is the worst thing you could POSSIBLY think about EVER!! It's the ultimate MOCKERY of Jesus, and I just want it to stop SO MUCH!

I haven't been feeling like myself ever since (4 days now). I always have a strange feeling in my stomach - a bit like queeziness. I've been sick on 2 occasions too.

I don't know if I can be forgiven for these sinful thoughts! PLEASE help me!!

I have seen worse thing in my head. :)sigh: a thought of putting jeasus on the cross using an air compressed nailgun :( )

I think that Jesus is trying to tell you something, or prepair you for something that is to happen. indeed that is strange.

you should try staying still and quite, and listen for god. god will wait forever until your still and quite to tell you something. if you just hang in there, and listen and pray. I know I am praying for you.

~Casey

Upvote 0

Rosa Mystica

I'm not like the others.
Jan 25, 2004
✟20,114.00
cwr89 said:
I think that Jesus is trying to tell you something, or prepair you for something that is to happen. indeed that is strange.

Uh, I doubt this very much.

People, could you get a grip please? The OP has a sickness, not a problem w/ sin in the instance he described. He has scrupulosity (religious OCD). This is a condition that requires much tactful and gentle care from a qualified professional (preferably a Christian one). I have the condition, too, and can't stand seeing people like myself being branded as the worst sinners possible.

This rant doesn't apply to everyone here, of course, just some of you.

Upvote 0

TheMainException

Senior Veteran
Jun 13, 2004
In my universe
✟19,228.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
YES, YOU CAN BE FORGIVEN. Know that before anything else....just think......when those pictures come into your mind.....as God is dying on the cross....he thought of you and knew you would do that....he knew it every time...and he was sad.....but then.....every drop of blood fell on you....and he declared that it was finished....you are clean when he died, today and tomorrow...forever....and ever. Those thoughts come from Satan.....he brings them about.....but you need to pray that they stop. God can make them stop because he can do anything....and that also means that he can forgive you for whatever you no matter how bad it seems.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

benmill

Jan 19, 2005
ISRAEL, OR TROPICAL AREA
✟125.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
I did the exact same thing again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i feel so bad.

Some time i want the bad thougts about jesus sometimes i don't. im so confused.

On top of that images of guys i know will come into my head when i am masturbating and sometimes it makes it feel good and i dont know why. Also bad thoughts about satan will pop into my head and will make it feel good too.

Somebody plz reply. I think god is getting annoyed with me. I dont see how god could forgive me of thinking of bad thoughts of his son, purposley, and still forgive me. Plz reply asap.

Upvote 0

Your Desired User Name

Jan 21, 2005
✟162.00
Faith
Baptist
Politics
US-Republican
benmill said:
I did the exact same thing again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i feel so bad.

Some time i want the bad thougts about jesus sometimes i don't. im so confused.

On top of that images of guys i know will come into my head when i am masturbating and sometimes it makes it feel good and i dont know why. Also bad thoughts about satan will pop into my head and will make it feel good too.

Somebody plz reply. I think god is getting annoyed with me. I dont see how god could forgive me of thinking of bad thoughts of his son, purposley, and still forgive me. Plz reply asap.
atleast you are recognizing it as what it is, sin, atleast you are reaching out for help, the bad thing to do would to be to just do nothing about it, i dont know how i can help you, other than listening to you and praying for you, so until i think of a way to help ill be praying for you.

Upvote 0

benmill

Jan 19, 2005
ISRAEL, OR TROPICAL AREA
✟125.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
Thank you for praying for me.

It would make me the happiest in the world just to know all this weird and terrible sin, i have explained in the post above, can be forgiven.

So if someone could reply and just tell me that if i repent all this sin i will be forgiven. It helps me to be reminded of gods grace and faith.:crossrc:

Upvote 0

Galadriel

Lady of Light
Jun 24, 2003
USA
✟12,354.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Benmill, of course you can be forgiven. Lots of times, with certain sin, it takes awhile to get away from it I think, and while you are struggling to get away from it, falling back into it some is not uncommon, and God knew you were going to, and the most important thing is He knows your sorry and knows your struggling, so He most certainly does forgive you. It would be another thing if you say didnt care or something, but it is clear you do. Just everytime you fall, ask for forgiveness and say your sorry, and move on.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

benmill

Jan 19, 2005
ISRAEL, OR TROPICAL AREA
✟125.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
Im just feeling a little guilty still.

I think it is because i just feel bad about the sin i have commited.

Just the vivid images that i thought of when i was masturbating still hurt my heart when i think about them. Images such as my hand was jesus mouth when i was masturbating or the hole in his side when he was pierced on the cross. Or even thougths that my hand was something else and bad thoughts about satan.

It makes me feel better i have posted this and i would appreicaite if someone could post something that would make me feel a little better and not so guilty.

Upvote 0

Endearing lil Influenza

Everything begins with "E"
Oct 26, 2003
Australia
Visit site
✟10,887.00
Faith
Christian
It does sound to me like this is obsessive compulsive disorder... many people have a wrong idea about the word 'obsession'... being obsessed with something does not mean you like that thing... but it means that thing persists in your mind... whether you like it, or not!

Some people are obsessed with contamination/filth... some people are obsessed with order... some obsessed with violence... persons obsessed with brutal violences for example.... they have images of brutal violence in their head all the time... they see themself hurting their loved once... they have no control over their thoughts and because of it they think they are evil... they isolate because they are afraid they will act out and as a result they become amongst some of the most gentle people in the world...

and just like in their case... I don't think you are sinning because you have these thoughts... you do not do it on purpose... it's a bit like hiccups... you cannot control hiccups and you can't tell someone to stop hiccuping...

OCD is a result of chemical imbalaces... (somwhat like diabetes)... and can be treated with medication

Upvote 0
Nov 4, 2009
✟7,611.00
Faith
Christian
We are all born with corrupt minds, thats whay jesus died for us, we all have sinfull thoughts sometimes we are not aware of them, the fact is you know your thoughs are wrong, and you hate them,you are repenting so jesus has fogivin you and will continue to do so, satan know how to play on our weakness and will torments us with it, thats what is happening here, please when you have these thoughts, tell satan to get lost, and tell jesus your sorry, he know you dont really mean it ,, he know you are being tormented, satan will do anything to put a barrier with you and jesus, please stop worring about it, because worring about it is giving satan exacly what he wants.

Last edited:
Upvote 0