• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

TERRIBLE sinful thoughts about Jesus I can't get rid of!

Gareth1

Sep 9, 2003
Sheffield, UK
Visit site
✟7,734.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm new here, and I really need help to stop these thoughts about Jesus which are going through my mind!! It feels like it's tearing my relationship with Jesus apart!

I used to touch quite regulary, but lately I've been really trying to stop doing it for as long as possible. But that's not why I'm posting here for. It's something MUCH worse!!!

I utterly dispise these thought that keep coming into my head! Since Saturday, in my mind, I keep on thinking of masterbating Jesus when he's on the cross!!

It's HORRIBLE!!! Whenever I think of Jesus, that sinful image comes into my mind! It's always constant, and it's taking over all my thoughts! This is the worst thing you could POSSIBLY think about EVER!! It's the ultimate MOCKERY of Jesus, and I just want it to stop SO MUCH!

I haven't been feeling like myself ever since (4 days now). I always have a strange feeling in my stomach - a bit like queeziness. I've been sick on 2 occasions too.

I don't know if I can be forgiven for these sinful thoughts! PLEASE help me!!

doofus125

Goodbye
Aug 31, 2003
✟3,627.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
First, I'm assuming you are a guy am I right? Second, How old are you?.....Third, pray for forgiveness.... Satan has you where he want's you and that is not good.....Forth, know you are loved and supported by us at CF....we all have sins and thoughts in our heads... I've had thoughts about being with my one friend (no not the one I'm close to) that I've had to deal with, to him they would be horrible, but to God they are no worse than any other sin.....

Upvote 0

Gareth1

Sep 9, 2003
Sheffield, UK
Visit site
✟7,734.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm 19 years old, and yes I am a guy. I am not gay (If it might've been what you were thinking - I am talking maturely here), but I suppose a long while back I was.... curious about sexual organs, nothing else. (but I did used to go on all the bad sites though)

(this may be a bit confusing) I think it's when I remember about the horrible thought about Jesus, it sets it off in motion again. But sometimes it comes in when I'm not really thinking of much in particular.

I can't really tell, but it feels like perhaps the Devil is bringing up a bad memory of a sinful thought I've had before, and being constantly shown it again and again.

I keep on saying sorry all the time, and it doesn't seem to end.

Upvote 0

doofus125

Goodbye
Aug 31, 2003
✟3,627.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Gareth said:
I'm 19 years old, and yes I am a guy. I am not gay (If it might've been what you were thinking - I am talking maturely here), but I suppose a long while back I was.... curious about sexual organs, nothing else. (but I did used to go on all the bad sites though)

(this may be a bit confusing) I think it's when I remember about the horrible thought about Jesus, it sets it off in motion again. But sometimes it comes in when I'm not really thinking of much in particular.

I can't really tell, but it feels like perhaps the Devil is bringing up a bad memory of a sinful thought I've had before, and being constantly shown it again and again.

I keep on saying sorry all the time, and it doesn't seem to end.

yeah, satan has you and keeps feeding you the bad memories.....but on another note God is there to forgive us......as for your curiosity with sexuall organs I think that is normal for alot of guys, nothing to be ashamed of, I was always curious and exploring when I was a teen, even still to this day to a degree.....I know from experience that I feel inadiquate (spelling?) and will find myself with wandering eyes in the bathroom....yes, I struggle with homosexuality, but the wandering eyes weren't sexuall, just curious to see where I stand....I have found from talking to DaveKerwin on here and talking to my friend has helped alot with alot of things like that for me.....maybe you should consider talking to someone about all this stuff, most christian guys are mature enough to talk openly about sexuall sin because they themselves are dealing with the temptations.....just pray when the thoughts come into your head, sing a praise song or something......you'll be ok :)

Upvote 0

BattleAxe

Excited To Know Jesus
Aug 30, 2003
North Carolina
Visit site
✟927.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
God desires to have intimacy with you and you Him, the devil is trying to pervert that by dealing in your mind this way. It is not as god-aweful as you think unless you act on it.

The devil use to tell me that I didn't love Jesus so when ever I would tell the Lord God that I loved Him, the devil would be right there to say I was lying and didn't mean it. But I kept saying it. I just told myself I was going to fake it until i made it :D and that is what I did.

I kept crying all the more how much I loved God and the devil backed off...but it took some time. So this is a bit opposite you but the same enemy.

Keep praying and asking God forgiveness. Tell the enemy of your soul that this vision is not you and bring all thoughts under subjection of God. It may take a minute but resist the devil and he will flee. When he comes back resist him again.

Upvote 0

Gareth1

Sep 9, 2003
Sheffield, UK
Visit site
✟7,734.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
THANK YOU ALL!! (and especially Thank you Lord!!!) My sinful thoughts are gradually subsiding! Praise the Lord!

What's better (ironically - which seems to be one way God does things), those thoughts have, in a way, made me more determined to resist the urges and thoughts of touching yourself!

But still, I've been sick nearly every day (mainly in the mornings & evenings) and we don't know what's causing it. Could you pray that I will stop being sick please?

Also, my mind gets jumbled alot at night-times when I'm in bed, and sometimes I can't concentrate when I'm praying. I pray that it will pass.

Thank you all again!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

wblastyn

Jedi Master
Jun 5, 2002
Northern Ireland
Visit site
✟11,265.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
It sounds like you might have Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, not the devil.

Typical Obsessions
Obsessions are recurrent, intrusive, and unwanted thoughts, impulses, or images that cause significant anxiety. At first the obsession may be experienced as relatively benign. Over time, the person associates it with fear and disabling anxiety. Obsessions fall into the following common thematic categories:
  • Fear of contamination with dirt, germs, or poisons
  • Fear of having a serious illness
  • Fear that one’s actions hurt other people or cause bad things to happen
  • Inability to discard useless items (hoarding)
  • Inappropriate sexual and aggressive thoughts and images
  • Need for symmetry, order, or exactness
From http://www.mentalhealthchannel.net/ocd/symptoms.shtml

When you pray do you think you've said something "wrong" and have to keep repeating yourself until it sounds "right"? That is aso OCD and it happens to me.

Upvote 0

TheOriginalWhitehorse

Sep 1, 2003
Visit site
✟18,532.00
Faith
Calvinist
Gareth said:
I'm new here, and I really need help to stop these thoughts about Jesus which are going through my mind!! It feels like it's tearing my relationship with Jesus apart!

I used to touch quite regulary, but lately I've been really trying to stop doing it for as long as possible. But that's not why I'm posting here for. It's something MUCH worse!!!

I utterly dispise these thought that keep coming into my head! Since Saturday, in my mind, I keep on thinking of masterbating Jesus when he's on the cross!!

It's HORRIBLE!!! Whenever I think of Jesus, that sinful image comes into my mind! It's always constant, and it's taking over all my thoughts! This is the worst thing you could POSSIBLY think about EVER!! It's the ultimate MOCKERY of Jesus, and I just want it to stop SO MUCH!

I haven't been feeling like myself ever since (4 days now). I always have a strange feeling in my stomach - a bit like queeziness. I've been sick on 2 occasions too.

Those thoughts are probably not even be yours, though, especially since you're distressed by them. You're under spiritual attack. satan can and does inject thoughts into your head to ruin your peace, distress you, make you doubt your salvation, cause discord between you and the Lord, and so much more. Just tell the Lord you reject the thought the minute it comes into your head and then praise Him. Remember, it isn't sin if you reject it and embrace the truth. You always have the option of doing that. That's why the Bible tells us to take every thought captive unto obedience to Christ. And you're not alone. I truly think every saint goes through this at one point or another. I know I did a few years ago. But do a spiritual inventory. If there's another sin that may be giving satan access, it should be conquered. Find the verses that most directly contradict the thought, and say, "Get behind me satan. For it is written..." Remember, Jesus was tempted to bow down and worship satan, kill Himself, and use His supernatural powers to prematurely break His fast and in a sense, testify against Himself. If satan did it to Jesus where he had no possibility of making Jesus stumble, he'll do it to Jesus's follwers as well. It just happens to be your turn. I think satan is just trying to rattle your cage. You're under attack. If you just started a new ministry, just started coming closer to Christ, are about to receive a reward from the Lord, are especially strong in your faith, or if you have an area of life that needs to be cleansed or you're being tested, these are the most common times for this to happen.

I'll pray for your peace, comfort, and help in times of trouble. I'm here if you need to talk. Blessings to you, my friend.

Oh-one more thing that works. satan will back off if you make his blasphemy attacks most unprofitable for him. Get a good praise album and keep your Bible on hand. The minute it happens, read the scriptures and praise God. In the spirit world, praise is actually a weapon and a ver powerful one, too. For a time your attacks may increase to get you to back down. If this happens, just keep upping the ante until the accuser of the brethren backs down. If you're at work, recite verses and praise God in your head. If you're persistent, it works. Resist the deviol and he will flee from you.

Upvote 0

wblastyn

Jedi Master
Jun 5, 2002
Northern Ireland
Visit site
✟11,265.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Gareth said:

I get unwanted thoughts too sometimes but I know it's because of my OCD (not Satan, demons, etc). My brain does not produce enough seratonin, which leads to things like me repeating events over and over, unwanted thoughts, etc. When I get an unwanted though I just wave it away and say "No!" and that usually makes it go away. Don't worry about it though, it's not your fault, your brain is just having a little trouble carrying signals. "It's not me, it's my OCD".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gareth1

Sep 9, 2003
Sheffield, UK
Visit site
✟7,734.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thanks to God and Jesus (and all of you here), I'm feeling MUCH better now!!

Thanks for that site cynjo59! I'll save it and have a look at it later.

Praise the Lord forever!!

besides, how do we know that this OCD hasn't been made by the Devil himself?

Upvote 0

TheOriginalWhitehorse

Sep 1, 2003
Visit site
✟18,532.00
Faith
Calvinist
wblastyn said:
Because it can be genetic? It doesn't need Satan for it to occur.

Well, it can be genetic and can create a predisposition, I suppose. The problem is, physical diseases cannot choose specific thoughts or plant specific images in the mind. Since Gareth is was very distressed by those thoughts, he couldn't have been entertaining them. And when that happens, a sudden onslaught of vile thoughts that horrify the person who is experiencing them, usually they do come from satan.

Upvote 0