USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Who are you to make that claim, given that you are a complete outsider on such things.

This is what Paul said, and you will see that all gifts of the spirit are always under the control of the person.
1Cor14v27If anyone speaks in a tongue, two, or at most three, should speak in turn, and someone must interpret.
If tongues are spontaneous, how can they stop to take turns, or wait till its interpreted?

28But if there is no interpreter, he should remain silent in the church and speak only to himself and God.
How can Paul tell them to remain silent if its spontaneous?

29Two or three prophets should speak, and the others should weigh carefully what is said.
The same with prophets, the speaker is always in control.

30And if a revelation comes to someone who is seated, the first speaker should hold his peace.
Prophecy or tongues can be held back to allow others a turn. Again, self control at work.

31For you can all prophesy in turn so that everyone may be instructed and encouraged. 32The spirits of prophets are subject to prophets.
So there we have stated in bold by Paul, the spirits of the prophets, which also includes tongues, interpretations, visions etc. are all under the jurisdiction of the speaker.
I ran in Charismatic circles for many years, speaking in tongues, and know how deceived those who hold those views are.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I ran in Charismatic circles for many years, speaking in tongues, and know how deceived those who hold those views are.
Can you share how it felt, while you were in those circles trying to serve the lord the best you knew how, to have fellow Christians outside of the circle speak negatively of you and those in the group?

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Can you share how it felt, while you were in those circles trying to serve the lord the best you knew how, to have fellow Christians outside of the circle speak negatively of you and those in the group?
I always assumed the rest of the churches had some catching up to do. That they didn't have a grip on the bible. So we expected negative remarks and often poked fun feeling superior. It wasn't until God's wrath fell on a WoF group I attended that I began to question Charismatic beliefs. I dropped out and studied on my own for decades trying to recover my mind from that persuasion. Never fully embracing any denomination, but looking at all as objectively as possible.

See my testimony Escape from a Death Cult if interested.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
Interesting, was Paul also deceived in those scriptures I posted?

Upvote 0

Joy

May 21, 2004
B'ham
✟1,403,923.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
MOD HAT ON

268548_f6b6367616b23e577551e293b213bc90.jpg

After Staff Review
This Thread is Now
Permanently Closed
RE: SoP Violation

The Sign Gifts forum is a discussion forum for CF members who believe that the sign gifts of the Spirit are still active in the church today.

This is a safe house forum for those members who believe that the sign gifts are still active today. Criticizing or mocking members who hold that view is not allowed. If you wish to debate whether or not the sign gifts are still active today, please start a thread in the General Theology forum.

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.