✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Smile out of laughter or in agreement?
I sometimes see people happily dancing to their own non church music and having a good time........This too makes me smile........ I also smile when others are happy and having a good time in the church.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Tell me what is wrong with this!
Most Baptists that I have met do not believe in modern-day tongues in the first place, cheesy video notwithstanding.

I'm thankful for faithful Baptists; they led me to Jesus. But this topic/forum is outside of their wheelhouse.

(That's what's wrong with this.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Further proof it's a bunch of malarkey. Tongues were spontaneous in the NT and happened to the least expecting.
Spiritual Gifts Forum Statement said:
If you wish to debate whether or not the sign gifts are still active today, please start a thread in the General Theology forum.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Let people think they have tapped into a supernatural power, and you got em'....and their money.

A show, a liar, and an audience who cannot be satisfied with Gods simple truth, and need more so badly they are willing to allow themselves to be duped/make complete #$%?s out of themselves? Nothing to smile about there.

That or the whole thing is staged...it is after all, TBN.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Some people think tongues shouldn't have to be taught, but are fine with such things as preaching, teaching, encouragement and evangelism being taught. Curious.

I'm amazed some can't see through this. They are being taught exactly what most of these characters spew as tongues, nothing, absolute gibberish, or "baby talk" as he describes it, the only truth he uttered through the whole show.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟888,452.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
When baby talk like babies......we laugh and smile......What is the harm in doing the same when adult do it?

The apostles spoke in unknown languages that people from other nations understood. They didn’t speak jibberish. They were given this gift so they could carry out their task which was to spread the gospel to all nations. This way they didn’t spend years learning other languages they could start spreading the gospel immediately.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The apostles spoke in unknown languages that people from other nations understood. They didn’t speak jibberish. They were given this gift so they could carry out their task which was to spread the gospel to all nations. This way they didn’t spend years learning other languages they could start spreading the gospel immediately.
I dont relate anything done in this video to the apostles or anything spiritual. Is this, do you think, why some are so moved with negative emotion when they see this?.....because they are comparing them to the apostles?

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Exactly, and this guy is all but telling them they're making it up. I mean what part of "talk like a baby" do they think is going to be anything other than baby talk?

Either people are far less intelligent than I give them credit for or this almost has to be all planned/staged.

Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
Further proof it's a bunch of malarkey. Tongues were spontaneous in the NT and happened to the least expecting.
We all know what you think of Tongues Dave, but it isn't correct to say they were spontaneous in the NT.
Tongues were always under the control of the believer.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.