Tell me about Hell

GA777

May 17, 2011
✟15,698.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The prophet said that the Phoenician city of Tyre would be brought to an end and would never again be found. When Alexander the Great destroyed the city in 332 BC, he brought an end to the Phoenician Empire. The Empire was never revived or "found" again. Today, finding artifacts from the original Phoenician Tyre is difficult. According to the Columbia Encyclopedia, Fifth Edition: "The principal ruins of the city today are those of buildings erected by the Crusaders. There are some Greco-Roman remains, but any left by the Phoenicians lie underneath the present town."
Some prophecies are vague there anyways which cant always be very clear.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Grumpy Old Man

Aug 30, 2011
UK
✟1,001.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
The prophet said that the Phoenician city of Tyre would be brought to an end and would never again be found. When Alexander the Great destroyed the city in 332 BC, he brought an end to the Phoenician Empire. The Empire was never revived or "found" again. Today, finding artifacts from the original Phoenician Tyre is difficult. According to the Columbia Encyclopedia, Fifth Edition: "The principal ruins of the city today are those of buildings erected by the Crusaders. There are some Greco-Roman remains, but any left by the Phoenicians lie underneath the present town."
Some prophecies are vague there anyways which cant always be very clear.

The prophecy was specifically against Tyre. It doesn't mention Phoenicia or whatever at all in Ezekiel 26.

Ezekiel 26

New International Version (NIV)

Ezekiel 26

A Prophecy Against Tyre

1 In the eleventh month of the twelfth[a] year, on the first day of the month, the word of the LORD came to me: 2 “Son of man, because Tyre has said of Jerusalem, ‘Aha! The gate to the nations is broken, and its doors have swung open to me; now that she lies in ruins I will prosper,’ 3 therefore this is what the Sovereign LORD says: I am against you, Tyre, and I will bring many nations against you, like the sea casting up its waves. 4 They will destroy the walls of Tyre and pull down her towers; I will scrape away her rubble and make her a bare rock. 5 Out in the sea she will become a place to spread fishnets, for I have spoken, declares the Sovereign LORD. She will become plunder for the nations, 6 and her settlements on the mainland will be ravaged by the sword. Then they will know that I am the LORD. 7 “For this is what the Sovereign LORD says: From the north I am going to bring against Tyre Nebuchadnezzar[b] king of Babylon, king of kings, with horses and chariots, with horsemen and a great army. 8 He will ravage your settlements on the mainland with the sword; he will set up siege works against you, build a ramp up to your walls and raise his shields against you. 9 He will direct the blows of his battering rams against your walls and demolish your towers with his weapons. 10 His horses will be so many that they will cover you with dust. Your walls will tremble at the noise of the warhorses, wagons and chariots when he enters your gates as men enter a city whose walls have been broken through. 11 The hooves of his horses will trample all your streets; he will kill your people with the sword, and your strong pillars will fall to the ground. 12 They will plunder your wealth and loot your merchandise; they will break down your walls and demolish your fine houses and throw your stones, timber and rubble into the sea. 13 I will put an end to your noisy songs, and the music of your harps will be heard no more. 14 I will make you a bare rock, and you will become a place to spread fishnets. You will never be rebuilt, for I the LORD have spoken, declares the Sovereign LORD.

15 “This is what the Sovereign LORD says to Tyre: Will not the coastlands tremble at the sound of your fall, when the wounded groan and the slaughter takes place in you? 16 Then all the princes of the coast will step down from their thrones and lay aside their robes and take off their embroidered garments. Clothed with terror, they will sit on the ground, trembling every moment, appalled at you. 17 Then they will take up a lament concerning you and say to you:

“‘How you are destroyed, city of renown,
peopled by men of the sea!
You were a power on the seas,
you and your citizens;
you put your terror
on all who lived there.
18 Now the coastlands tremble
on the day of your fall;
the islands in the sea
are terrified at your collapse.’

19 “This is what the Sovereign LORD says: When I make you a desolate city, like cities no longer inhabited, and when I bring the ocean depths over you and its vast waters cover you, 20 then I will bring you down with those who go down to the pit, to the people of long ago. I will make you dwell in the earth below, as in ancient ruins, with those who go down to the pit, and you will not return or take your place[c] in the land of the living. 21 I will bring you to a horrible end and you will be no more. You will be sought, but you will never again be found, declares the Sovereign LORD.”

It mentions surrounding settlements. But the prophecy of desolation was specifically directed at Tyre, as can clearly be seen when reading the entire chapter.

Anyway, you said you'd provide some prophecies that were fulfilled. So let's move on to them and leave Ezekiel 26 alone.

Upvote 0

GA777

May 17, 2011
✟15,698.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
OK, so there are ruins of an older Tyre. I saw them in the Wiki entry I linked above. The fact remains that Tyre can still be found which refutes this;

Ezekiel 26:21

21 I will bring you to a horrible end and you will be no more. You will be sought, but you will never again be found, declares the Sovereign LORD.”

The prophecy predicts the utter destruction of Tyre to the point that the city will cease to exist. It will never again be found.

This really is the last thing I'm going to say on this particular prophecy. The fact that you live near Tyre, which should not exist according to Ezekiel, should be a daily slap in the face regarding this failed prophecy. You're living right next to a city that God said would never be found again.

Yes,but tyre was part of the phoenician civillization those days, the old tyre we're talking about.And it was the capital of Phoenicia.

You included a few of the true ones anyways

And here’s 2 I posted already a page back.

The Philistines

The Philistines lived in the southwestern part of the land of Canaan, on the plains along the Mediterranean Sea. Their cities were Gaza, Ashkelon, Ashdod, Ekron, Gath, and Gerar. They fought much against Israel. This is recorded in the Bible from the book of Judges to 2 Chronicles. The word of God prophesied against the Philistines that God would destroy them. In about 765 B.C., the prophet Amos recorded:
Amos 1:6-8: Thus says the LORD:
"For three transgressions of Gaza, and for four, I will not turn away its punishment,
Because they took captive the whole captivity
To deliver them up to Edom.
But I will send a fire upon the wall of Gaza,
Which shall devour its palaces.
I will cut off the inhabitant from Ashdod,
And the one who holds the scepter from Ashkelon;
I will turn My hand against Ekron,
And the remnant of the Philistines shall perish,"
Says the Lord GOD. (NKJB)
Also: Zephaniah 2:3-7. Jeremiah 47:4,5. Isaiah 14:28-31.

God used the Babylonians in 604 B.C. to destroy the Philistines. 2 Kings 24:7. The judgment of God came upon the Philistines. They were destroyed, and taken away to punish. (Lawrence Stager, "The Fury of Babylon." Biblical Archaeology Review, Jan./Feb.1996, pp. 56-77.) Today, Arabs live in Gaza, and Israelis live in Askelon and Ashdod. Ekron, Gath and Gerar are ruins. The remnant of the Philistines perished, just as foretold by God in Amos.

Babylon

Babylon was a great city on the Euphrates River. Under Nebuchadnezzar, the Babylonians destroyed Jerusalem and took the people captive to Babylon in 586 B.C. Isaiah and Jeremiah foretold the desolation of Babylon:

And Babylon, the glory of kingdoms, the beauty of the Chaldees excellency, shall be as when God overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah. It shall never be inhabited, neither shall it be dwelt in from generation to generation neither shall the Arabian pitch tent there; neither shall the shepherds make their fold there. Isaiah 13:19-20 (KJV). (Before 680 B.C.)

Because of the wrath of the Lord it shall not be inhabited, but it shall be wholly desolate: every one that goeth by Babylon shall be astonished, and hiss at all her plagues. Jeremiah 50:13 (KJV).

In 539 B.C., Babylon fell to the Medes and the Persians. Its decline was gradual. The Parthians destroyed much of the city. In about A.D. 75 the merchants moved.

With the departure of the merchants, Babylon was left to its doom. Shortly afterwards the Latin author Pliny stated that the temple of Marduk was still standing but that in every other respect the place had become a desert. In A.D. 116 the Roman emperor Trajan wintered in the city during his campaign against the Parthians. Attracted to it by its widespread fame, he found nothing but mounds and stones and ruins.9

The Germans excavated Babylon's ruins. Their maps show the desolation.10 Arab villages are outside of what was Babylon. For 1900 years Babylon has been uninhabited.

+

Edom and Edomites

The Edomites were the descendants of Esau, who was the brother of Jacob. This nation lived in the land south of the Dead Sea. The prophets foretold their destruction and desolation:
. . . and Edom shall be a desolate wilderness, for the violence against the children of Judah. . . . Joel 3:19 (KJV).

Therefore thus saith the Lord God:
I will also stretch out mine hand upon Edom, and will cut off man and beast from it: and I will make it desolate from Teman Ezekiel 25:13 (KJV). (Before 570 B.C.)

Also Edom shall be a desolation . . .Jeremiah 49:17 (KJV). (Before 540 B.C.)

. . . and there shall not be any remaining of the house of Esau; for the LORD hath spoken it. Obadiah 18 (KJV).

After Jerusalem was taken into Babylonian captivity, Nabataean Arabs took Edom.1 Edomites then lived in southern Judea. In 164 B.C., the Jews defeated them, and in 120 B.C. the Jews conquered these Idumeans.2 In about A.D. 69, an army of 40,000 greatly depopulated them.3 And the Edomites disappeared from history just as the prophets had foretold.

The Romans conquered the Nabataeans in Edom in A.D. 106. They changed the trade route so that it ran through Palmyra instead of Petra (Sela), the capital of Edom. This cut off the country's income, and it lost its importance.4 After the Byzantine period, it became a desolation until this day.

You can visit the land of Edom today. It is desolate from Teman (Maan) in the north on to the south, just as the Old Testament prophets foretold. Tourists visit the remains of the city Petra (Sela). For centuries Edom has been a desolation in fulfillment of the judgment of God. The Edomites have not existed as a people since the time of the New Testament apostles, in fulfillment of the Old Testament prophets.

+

Israel

The destruction of Jerusalem by the Romans was foretold in Deuteronomy 29:49-68, and Daniel 9:26-27. These prophecies were fulfilled in A.D. 70. Josephus recorded the detailed fulfillment of the siege and destruction of Jerusalem including the mother eating her child.12 The scattering of Israel among the nations, if they disobeyed God, was foretold:

And I will scatter you among the heathen, and will draw out a sword after you: . . . Leviticus 26:33 (KJV).

And the LORD shall scatter thee among all people, from the one end of the earth even unto the other: . . . and among these nations shalt thou find no ease, . . . Deuteronomy 28:64-65 (KJV).

Israel ceased to exist as a nation from A.D. 70 until 1948. The Jews have truly been scattered among all people, from one end of the earth even to the other during 1900 years. Among the nations they have found no ease, but have been persecuted, just as the scriptures foretold. The nations of the world have persecuted them and killed them. During World War II, Hitler had six million Jews killed.

The amazing thing is that the Jews have survived. This was foretold in Jeremiah:
For I am with thee, saith the Lord, to save thee: though I make a full end of all nations whither I have scattered thee, yet I will not make a full end of thee: but I will correct thee in measure, and will not leave thee altogether unpunished. Jeremiah 30:11 (KJV).

The Babylonians, Philistines and Edomites do not now exist. But the Jews still exist in spite of dispersion and persecution, just as was foretold which shows some precision in prophecying , and not random predictions.

Babylon, Nineveh, Old Tyre and Petra are desolate. They have not been rebuilt. But Jerusalem now stands.

You can see the fulfillment of prophecy with your own eyes. The Old Testament was written before Christ. It was translated into Greek before Christ. 1900 years of history and conditions which can be seen today testify to the supernatural inspiration of the writers of the Bible.

The Return to Israel

Israel became a nation again in 1948. From A.D. 70 on, the Jews were scattered among the nations, and Israel ceased to be a nation. However, in our time, the Jews have been returning to Israel, and Israel has again become a nation after 1878 years. The Bible prophets foretold all this in detail, hundreds of years before it happened.

The prophet Isaiah foretold that God would gather His people, Israel, a second time during the time of Messiah, the root of Jesse. Let us read this prophecy which was given about 700 B.C., about 2700 years ago.

Isaiah 11:10-12:
Then it will come about in that day
That the nations will resort to the root of Jesse,
Who will stand as a signal for the peoples;
And His resting place will be glorious.
Then it will happen on that day that the Lord
Will again recover the second time with His hand
The remnant of His people, who will remain,
From Assyria, Egypt, Pathros, Cush, Elam, Shinar, Hamath,
And from the islands of the sea.
And He will lift up a standard for the nations,
And will assemble the banished ones of Israel,
And will gather the dispersed of Judah
From the four corners of the earth.

You will notice that after the nations have resorted to the root of Jesse, a branch from his roots, Messiah (Isa.11:1), then the Lord will a second time recover and assemble the people of Israel and Judah from all over the world. This has happened and is happening right now. (See also Joel 3:1,2, 7. Amos 9:14, 15. Hosea 3:4, 5. Jeremiah 23:5-8. Zechariah 10:6-10. Ezekiel 39:25-29.)

Jesus was a prophet of God. In Luke, chapter 21, Jesus foretold the destruction of Jerusalem by the Romans, which happened in A.D. 70. Let us read one important verse of what Jesus said about the Jews:
Luke 21:24: and they will fall by the edge of the sword, and will be led captive into all the nations; and Jerusalem will be trampled under foot by the Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.

Notice: Jesus foretold that the Jews would be led captive into all nations. That happened and the Jews have continued to be in all nations even until our time. Jesus foretold that Jerusalem would be trampled under foot of the Gentiles. That was fulfilled in history. How long did Jesus say that the Gentiles would have Jerusalem? "Until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled." By this statement, Jesus showed that the Jews would get Jerusalem back. When was this fulfilled? On June 7, 1967, Israel took back Jerusalem; Jewish soldiers stormed into the city. The prophecies of Jesus were fulfilled in detail. Here is empirical data, historical proof that God exists, that God has spoken through His prophets and that Jesus is a prophet of God. They are proof that God has revealed Himself to man. They are proof that God rules in history and judges mankind.

For no prophecy ever came by the will of man: but men spake from God, being moved by the Holy Spirit. 2 Peter 1:21 (ASV).

I will post these for now.

Upvote 0

razeontherock

May 24, 2010
WI
✟35,597.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Anyway, you said you'd provide some prophecies that were fulfilled. So let's move on to them and leave Ezekiel 26 alone.

Let me add that I find it interesting that Jews insist certain passages (like this) can only refer to the physical things they mention, but Jews fail to recognize any Spiritual application of those same passages. I find this understandable when the Prophecy has been fulfilled, but inexcusable when it has not been fulfilled.

That being said, this passage here is echoed in Revelation, and is fulfilled with every Divine Liturgy. And the individual believer can also experience this, with no Divine Liturgy. So while I can allow that all of this is outside your experience, no, I cannot agree this is unfulfilled Prophecy. Things like this can be seen as "knowing what God will do." And from passages like this we see that the idea of "omnibenevolence" is false!

Upvote 0

Grumpy Old Man

Aug 30, 2011
UK
✟1,001.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Yes,but tyre was part of the phoenician civillization those days, the old tyre we're talking about.And it was the capital of Phoenicia.

You included a few of the true ones anyways

And here’s 2 I posted already a page back.
+

Edom and Edomites

The Edomites were the descendants of Esau, who was the brother of Jacob. This nation lived in the land south of the Dead Sea. The prophets foretold their destruction and desolation:
. . . and Edom shall be a desolate wilderness, for the violence against the children of Judah. . . . Joel 3:19 (KJV).

Therefore thus saith the Lord God:
I will also stretch out mine hand upon Edom, and will cut off man and beast from it: and I will make it desolate from Teman Ezekiel 25:13 (KJV). (Before 570 B.C.)

Also Edom shall be a desolation . . .Jeremiah 49:17 (KJV). (Before 540 B.C.)

. . . and there shall not be any remaining of the house of Esau; for the LORD hath spoken it. Obadiah 18 (KJV).

After Jerusalem was taken into Babylonian captivity, Nabataean Arabs took Edom.1 Edomites then lived in southern Judea. In 164 B.C., the Jews defeated them, and in 120 B.C. the Jews conquered these Idumeans.2 In about A.D. 69, an army of 40,000 greatly depopulated them.3 And the Edomites disappeared from history just as the prophets had foretold.

The Romans conquered the Nabataeans in Edom in A.D. 106. They changed the trade route so that it ran through Palmyra instead of Petra (Sela), the capital of Edom. This cut off the country's income, and it lost its importance.4 After the Byzantine period, it became a desolation until this day.

You can visit the land of Edom today. It is desolate from Teman (Maan) in the north on to the south, just as the Old Testament prophets foretold. Tourists visit the remains of the city Petra (Sela). For centuries Edom has been a desolation in fulfillment of the judgment of God. The Edomites have not existed as a people since the time of the New Testament apostles, in fulfillment of the Old Testament prophets.

+

Israel

The destruction of Jerusalem by the Romans was foretold in Deuteronomy 29:49-68, and Daniel 9:26-27. These prophecies were fulfilled in A.D. 70. Josephus recorded the detailed fulfillment of the siege and destruction of Jerusalem including the mother eating her child.12 The scattering of Israel among the nations, if they disobeyed God, was foretold:

And I will scatter you among the heathen, and will draw out a sword after you: . . . Leviticus 26:33 (KJV).

And the LORD shall scatter thee among all people, from the one end of the earth even unto the other: . . . and among these nations shalt thou find no ease, . . . Deuteronomy 28:64-65 (KJV).

Israel ceased to exist as a nation from A.D. 70 until 1948. The Jews have truly been scattered among all people, from one end of the earth even to the other during 1900 years. Among the nations they have found no ease, but have been persecuted, just as the scriptures foretold. The nations of the world have persecuted them and killed them. During World War II, Hitler had six million Jews killed.

The amazing thing is that the Jews have survived. This was foretold in Jeremiah:
For I am with thee, saith the Lord, to save thee: though I make a full end of all nations whither I have scattered thee, yet I will not make a full end of thee: but I will correct thee in measure, and will not leave thee altogether unpunished. Jeremiah 30:11 (KJV).

The Babylonians, Philistines and Edomites do not now exist. But the Jews still exist in spite of dispersion and persecution, just as was foretold which shows some precision in prophecying , and not random predictions.

Babylon, Nineveh, Old Tyre and Petra are desolate. They have not been rebuilt. But Jerusalem now stands.

You can see the fulfillment of prophecy with your own eyes. The Old Testament was written before Christ. It was translated into Greek before Christ. 1900 years of history and conditions which can be seen today testify to the supernatural inspiration of the writers of the Bible.

The Return to Israel

Israel became a nation again in 1948. From A.D. 70 on, the Jews were scattered among the nations, and Israel ceased to be a nation. However, in our time, the Jews have been returning to Israel, and Israel has again become a nation after 1878 years. The Bible prophets foretold all this in detail, hundreds of years before it happened.

The prophet Isaiah foretold that God would gather His people, Israel, a second time during the time of Messiah, the root of Jesse. Let us read this prophecy which was given about 700 B.C., about 2700 years ago.

Isaiah 11:10-12:
Then it will come about in that day
That the nations will resort to the root of Jesse,
Who will stand as a signal for the peoples;
And His resting place will be glorious.
Then it will happen on that day that the Lord
Will again recover the second time with His hand
The remnant of His people, who will remain,
From Assyria, Egypt, Pathros, Cush, Elam, Shinar, Hamath,
And from the islands of the sea.
And He will lift up a standard for the nations,
And will assemble the banished ones of Israel,
And will gather the dispersed of Judah
From the four corners of the earth.

You will notice that after the nations have resorted to the root of Jesse, a branch from his roots, Messiah (Isa.11:1), then the Lord will a second time recover and assemble the people of Israel and Judah from all over the world. This has happened and is happening right now. (See also Joel 3:1,2, 7. Amos 9:14, 15. Hosea 3:4, 5. Jeremiah 23:5-8. Zechariah 10:6-10. Ezekiel 39:25-29.)

Jesus was a prophet of God. In Luke, chapter 21, Jesus foretold the destruction of Jerusalem by the Romans, which happened in A.D. 70. Let us read one important verse of what Jesus said about the Jews:
Luke 21:24: and they will fall by the edge of the sword, and will be led captive into all the nations; and Jerusalem will be trampled under foot by the Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.

Notice: Jesus foretold that the Jews would be led captive into all nations. That happened and the Jews have continued to be in all nations even until our time. Jesus foretold that Jerusalem would be trampled under foot of the Gentiles. That was fulfilled in history. How long did Jesus say that the Gentiles would have Jerusalem? "Until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled." By this statement, Jesus showed that the Jews would get Jerusalem back. When was this fulfilled? On June 7, 1967, Israel took back Jerusalem; Jewish soldiers stormed into the city. The prophecies of Jesus were fulfilled in detail. Here is empirical data, historical proof that God exists, that God has spoken through His prophets and that Jesus is a prophet of God. They are proof that God has revealed Himself to man. They are proof that God rules in history and judges mankind.

For no prophecy ever came by the will of man: but men spake from God, being moved by the Holy Spirit. 2 Peter 1:21 (ASV).

I will post these for now.

OK, there's a lot here and I'll go over over the course of the next day or so. Firstly though, there's no Deuteronomy 29:49-68. Secondly, Tyre did not fall, or Old Tyre or whatever you want to call it. Third, the prophecy from Isaiah 11 you showed is incredibly vague and misleading. Yes, it could predict Jesus, but the Israelites didn't need gathering during Jesus' time. They were already living in Palestine.

I'll get back to the rest when I have some free time. Thanks though.

Upvote 0

GA777

May 17, 2011
✟15,698.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sorry,Deuteronomy 28:49-57.

the phoenician one (the one we're talking about) did in 333 B.C.Ruins are still present and visited by tourists daily.

I was picking prophecies I could find 1st on here.It's vague yes,but its point can be understood.You can ignore it if you want.But my point is that there are 1000s prophecies.And they needed regathering (the israelites) because the Messiah was to come which was a very special event.But as I said,you can ignore it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Grumpy Old Man

Aug 30, 2011
UK
✟1,001.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Sorry,Deuteronomy 28:49-57.

the phoenician one (the one we're talking about) did in 333 B.C.Ruins are still present and visited by tourists daily.

I was picking prophecies I could find 1st on here.It's vague yes,but its point can be understood.You can ignore it if you want.But my point is that there are 1000s prophecies.And they needed regathering (the israelites) because the Messiah was to come which was a very special event.But as I said,you can ignore it.

I'm not ignoring it. As I said earlier in this thread, Biblical prophecy is hit and miss. I'm willing to say the Bible got it right in some cases if you're willing to say it got it wrong in other cases. For example, earlier you quoted Ezekiel 29:15 as a prophecy regarding Egypt.

Ezekiel 29:15

15 It will be the lowliest of kingdoms and will never again exalt itself above the other nations. I will make it so weak that it will never again rule over the nations.

This could be said to be true. However, the problems arise when you read the whole prophecy.

Ezekiel 29:9-15

9 Egypt will become a desolate wasteland. Then they will know that I am the LORD.

“‘Because you said, “The Nile is mine; I made it,” 10 therefore I am against you and against your streams, and I will make the land of Egypt a ruin and a desolate waste from Migdol to Aswan, as far as the border of Cush.[a] 11 The foot of neither man nor beast will pass through it; no one will live there for forty years. 12 I will make the land of Egypt desolate among devastated lands, and her cities will lie desolate forty years among ruined cities. And I will disperse the Egyptians among the nations and scatter them through the countries.

13 “‘Yet this is what the Sovereign LORD says: At the end of forty years I will gather the Egyptians from the nations where they were scattered. 14 I will bring them back from captivity and return them to Upper Egypt, the land of their ancestry. There they will be a lowly kingdom. 15 It will be the lowliest of kingdoms and will never again exalt itself above the other nations. I will make it so weak that it will never again rule over the nations.

These things just never happened. Egypt was not devastated to the point of being desolate, nor were its cities destroyed, and the Egyptians were certainly not scattered and regathered. The only part of this prophecy that is true is v15.

I was almost caught out by this prophecy until I looked more into it. The key is in the context. The whole prophecy has to be true in order for it to be considered a fulfilled prophecy. The prophecy against Egypt, just as the prophecy against Tyre, was not fulfilled in totality and is therefore not a valid prophecy. Again, though, I'm not saying all prophecies in the Bible are false.

Upvote 0

GA777

May 17, 2011
✟15,698.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm not ignoring it. As I said earlier in this thread, Biblical prophecy is hit and miss. I'm willing to say the Bible got it right in some cases if you're willing to say it got it wrong in other cases. For example, earlier you quoted Ezekiel 29:15 as a prophecy regarding Egypt.

This could be said to be true. However, the problems arise when you read the whole prophecy.

These things just never happened. Egypt was not devastated to the point of being desolate, nor were its cities destroyed, and the Egyptians were certainly not scattered and regathered. The only part of this prophecy that is true is v15.

I was almost caught out by this prophecy until I looked more into it. The key is in the context. The whole prophecy has to be true in order for it to be considered a fulfilled prophecy. The prophecy against Egypt, just as the prophecy against Tyre, was not fulfilled in totality and is therefore not a valid prophecy. Again, though, I'm not saying all prophecies in the Bible are false.

I didnt include many prophecies because there was no valid proof for it not having happened,but prophecies which were too obvious to be noticed and therefore written in history or can be realized now (like cities and places completely destroyed)

IF we dont have history records of this,it doesnt mean it never happened.The problem is that no prophecy is proved not to be not fulfilled.We dont know if the Nile was dried up for 40 years too either,but many say that the Nile was dried up once in history.

I only posted the part which can be realized and proved now,which we have evidence proving if it is wrong or true.History records could be lost or destroyed by the time,that could have been written maybe but cant be found now.And some prophecies can be vague (Tyre) but it didnt mean it never happened,and some prophecies are thought to be false but are misinterpreted by us (tho. I didnt see one yet,but I guess there should be).

And such of the prophecies posted,are impossible to happen without divine intervention,and there are many more to go that I can post if you want.Trust me, We wouldnt be wasting 1 second of our time believing in something not existant,and many here have had supernatural experiences in their lives,or anywhere in the world all the time.

Upvote 0