Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm not sure whether this is the most appropriate place for this question, as my plain old television set likely doesn't qualify as a gadget anymore.

The issue is that my television worked just fine last night but would not even power on this morning.

There was no symptomology prior to this morning, so no warning. The power strip is working, as other appliances plugged in to the strip are functioning. There is one small fuse visible when I remove the wooden back panel of the console, and that fuse looks fine - the filament seems to be intact and there is no scorching at all.

The switch on the front of the television simply has no effect.

Can anyone recommend some basic troubleshooting steps? I'd hate to have to spend money we don't have for repairs or a replacement set if there is something simple I could have done to fix it.

Thanks in advance!

J

Jazer

The issue is that my television worked just fine last night but would not even power on this morning.

I paid almost $500 to get my TV fixed and they found 9 different things wrong with it that needed replaced. For me it is worth it though, I like my TV and it would cost over $2000 to get a TV that is as good as the one I have.

Upvote 0