Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Was it where a 19 year old Dreamer (DACA kid), who was brought to the US when he was 3 and raised in Iowa, was returned to Mexico because he had a couple misdemeanors and a DUI ?

... where he was subsequently killed after a couple weeks ?

Bad decision-making all around ...
Yup.

Getting a DUI (and another misdemeanor) while awaiting an immigration hearing is not a smart thing.

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟954,483.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yup.

Getting a DUI (and another misdemeanor) while awaiting an immigration hearing is not a smart thing.

Deporting a 19 year old Iowa-raised teen to Mexico is not so bright either ...

• Agree
Reactions: Kaon
Upvote 0

NotreDame

Domer
Site Supporter
Jan 24, 2008
6 hours south of the Golden Dome of the University
✟517,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"The entire family is devastated," said his mother, who asked that her name not be used because she is undocumented and fears deportation.

Cano Pacheco's mother says her son had to leave the United States because of the President's immigration policies. Asked what she'd say to President Trump, she said:
"I'd tell him (Trump) to stop what he's doing," she said. "To stop deporting people to Mexico. We don't have papers but we work really hard to care for our families. If we get deported our families have to fend for themselves.

Being deported is a possible consequence for unlawful entry or unlawfully being present in the U.S.

Being a hard worker doesn’t render one immune to deportation.

• Agree
Reactions: Tutorman
Upvote 0

NotreDame

Domer
Site Supporter
Jan 24, 2008
✟517,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

A 19 year old Iowa raised teen who is not lawfully present in the U.S. and commits a crime which endangers the public. Under those circumstances, the “bright” characteristic of the conduct is not as dim as you suggest.

Upvote 0

Non sequitur

Wokest Bae Of The Forum
Jul 2, 2011
Oklahoma City, OK
✟45,780.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
DACA status recipient (had to go through long process to apply) breaks law, loses DACA status (also breaks law while waiting for hearing), and was grated voluntarily departure for doing so.

I'm missing the not-so-bright part.

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟954,483.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
DACA status recipient (had to go through long process to apply) breaks law, loses DACA status (also breaks law while waiting for hearing), and was grated voluntarily departure for doing so.

I'm missing the not-so-bright part.

Well ... I doubt that the intention of the US is to put (even delinquent) resident teens' lives on the line ... but, that's exactly what happened ...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Non sequitur

Wokest Bae Of The Forum
Jul 2, 2011
Oklahoma City, OK
✟45,780.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Well ... I doubt that the intention of the US is to put (even delinquent) resident teens lives on the line ... but, that's exactly what happened ...
I doubt it, too. And it's tragic that he died.

So the fix is for someone doing something illegal is to... not follow the law... because they might choose to go somewhere and something bad happens to them?

Upvote 0

Hammster

The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,748,283.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Well ... I doubt that the intention of the US is to put (even delinquent) resident teens lives on the line ... but, that's exactly what happened ...
How so?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hammster

The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,748,283.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

NotreDame

Domer
Site Supporter
Jan 24, 2008
✟517,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
W

Well, as soon as he goes back. He gets killed. No wonder his family went to the United States

You assume whatever resulted in the kids death is the reason why the family left. But assumptions are not facts.

The "obviousness" of why they left is not, at this moment, known or demonstrated. You are assuming facts in existence, which are not shown to be facts, and then drawing a conclusion on the basis of those unsubstantiated facts.

Upvote 0

NotreDame

Domer
Site Supporter
Jan 24, 2008
✟517,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well ... I doubt that the intention of the US is to put (even delinquent) resident teens' lives on the line ... but, that's exactly what happened ...

There is no evidence to support your claim the U.S. had the "intention...to put (even delinquent) resident teens' lives on the line." There is no evidence U.S. government authorities chose the destination in Mexico on the basis of any degree of likelihood the teen would be killed or murdered.

Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate

It makes no sense to do this morally, but it makes effect sense to do it politically and economically.

It was Bush and Reagan that pushed an entire generation of immigrants to come to the States when they softened immigration enforcement for the purposes of political constituency. Both parties have benefited for several decades.

Now, since the critical point of undesirables has been reached, it is Trump's political lot to drop the hammer hard. Obama was beginning to do it.

The main purpose of this is to dehumanize an entire population to what one would consider an atrocity. To make a population complacent and cold. It wasn't too long ago that Americans enjoyed watching people being hanged or executed; It is an exploitable cultural trait. The US didn't remove itself from the U.N. human rights council for an empty reason.

Upvote 0

NotreDame

Domer
Site Supporter
Jan 24, 2008
✟517,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It makes no sense to do this morally, but it makes effect sense to do it politically and economically.

It was Bush and Reagan that pushed an entire generation of immigrants to come to the States when they softened immigration enforcement for the purposes of political constituency. Both parties have benefited for several decades.

Now, since the critical point of undesirables has been reached, it is Trump's political lot to drop the hammer hard. Obama was beginning to do it.

The main purpose of this is to dehumanize an entire population to what one would consider an atrocity. To make a population complacent and cold. It wasn't too long ago that Americans enjoyed watching people being hanged or executed; It is an exploitable cultural trait. The US didn't remove itself from the U.N. human rights council for an empty reason.

How is the question of morality germane to the deportation of a person, brought here unlawfully by an adult, is unlawfully present in the U.S., and commits a crime endangering the public?

• Useful
Reactions: RaymondG
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
How is the question of morality germane to the deportation of a person, brought here unlawfully by an adult, is unlawfully present in the U.S., and commits a crime endangering the public?

You didn't read what I read what I posted?

Illegal immigration has always been... illegal. However, those immigration laws and the enforcement thereof was severely relaxed for the purposes of political gain.

Ironically, it was Bush and Reagan that opened that door.

Americans were perfectly fine with new slave labor from immigrants until they started getting uppity, and demanding to be treated like humans. That took several decades (the generation of their children are the more active voices - right on time today.) That is why a creature such as Trump, and an age such as today is perfect for obliterating the political, economic and cultural bridges made between Latin American nations by republicans themselves... like the orouborus politics is.

So, when you ask your question, it begins from a place of choosing to ignore immigration was something politicians and heads of States exploited, and encouraged. They looked away and even took advantage of illegal immigration.

And, that is ignoring the morality altogether, and looking at the politics. I don't want to go into morality because likely I would have to explain compassion. This generation is too cold to even try and argue from the side of compassion.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

NotreDame

Domer
Site Supporter
Jan 24, 2008
✟517,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You didn't read what I read what I posted?

Illegal immigration has always been... illegal. However, those immigration laws and the enforcement thereof was severely relaxed for the purposes of political gain.

Ironically, it was Bush and Reagan that opened that door.

Americans were perfectly fine with new slave labor from immigrants until they started getting uppity, and demanding to be treated like humans. That took several decades (the generation of their children are the more active voices - right on time today.) That is why a creature such as Trump, and an age such as today is perfect for obliterating the political, economic and cultural bridges made between Latin American nations by republicans themselves... like the orouborus politics is.

So, when you ask your question, it begins from a place of choosing to ignore immigration was something politicians and heads of States exploited, and encouraged. They looked away and even took advantage of illegal immigration.

And, that is ignoring the morality altogether, and looking at the politics. I don't want to go into morality because likely I would have to explain compassion. This generation is too cold to even try and argue from the side of compassion.

A fantastically long post with no answer to my question.

Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
A fantastically long post with no answer to my question.

The post actually answers all of your questions, qualms, and should provide you with some insight on everything you asked.

However, you admitted your abysmal attention span, and comprehension, by giving up on a 12-sentence response and a 3-minute video.

I am not going to pretend to be as ignorant as you want me to believe you are; I know exactly why you responded in the fashion you did.

You may have yourself, and others convinced, but what you did was a psychologically cliche passive activity for the purposes of avoiding an inconvenient truth. It is unfortunate you would rather perpetuate that than a solution, and even more unfortunate you don't realize the magnitude of your programmed response.

Upvote 0