Teen brother, losing control? what to do

dwd3885

Nov 18, 2004
✟150.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I am not a christian teen, but my brother is. He turned 16 in september, started driving a few months ago. Let me give you some background first. My family is a christian family in mid-missouri. I'm 21, my sister is 19 and then our younger brother-16. Me and my sister were raised without much trouble (rebellion). A little, but nothing even a normal teenager goes through. But my brother seems to be having a harder time for some reason.

Very rude to the family. Doesn't really talk much, but whenever he does it seems to be disrespectful comments and all and it is just hurting my parents so much. And lately it has begun to hurt me and my sister as well. Yesterday, he stole the checkbook and spent $55 on something, so my mom couldn't get my sister the medicine she needs this morning. We've been praying for him and I've been praying for my family. It is just like nothing we've experienced before.

I'm not saying he is doing things that normal, out of control teenagers don't do, but our family is one of Christ that has higher standards than non-Christian families have. Does that make sense?

I guess i'm just asking for prayers. And advice for what we should do about it. What can I do as a brother? What should my parents do to reprimand him? It's tough, because we don't want him to drift down the wrong path.

Thank you for your prayers and God Bless.

GolfingMom

Is gone...
Mar 13, 2006
✟20,321.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
dwd3885 said:
I am not a christian teen, but my brother is. He turned 16 in september, started driving a few months ago. Let me give you some background first. My family is a christian family in mid-missouri. I'm 21, my sister is 19 and then our younger brother-16. Me and my sister were raised without much trouble (rebellion). A little, but nothing even a normal teenager goes through. But my brother seems to be having a harder time for some reason.

Very rude to the family. Doesn't really talk much, but whenever he does it seems to be disrespectful comments and all and it is just hurting my parents so much. And lately it has begun to hurt me and my sister as well. Yesterday, he stole the checkbook and spent $55 on something, so my mom couldn't get my sister the medicine she needs this morning. We've been praying for him and I've been praying for my family. It is just like nothing we've experienced before.

I'm not saying he is doing things that normal, out of control teenagers don't do, but our family is one of Christ that has higher standards than non-Christian families have. Does that make sense?

I guess i'm just asking for prayers. And advice for what we should do about it. What can I do as a brother? What should my parents do to reprimand him? It's tough, because we don't want him to drift down the wrong path.

Thank you for your prayers and God Bless.
I'll keep you in prayer.
Have YOU tried just talking to him? Maybe going out to shoot some hoops or skateboard and see maybe what he's going through?

Upvote 0

dwd3885

Nov 18, 2004
✟150.00
Faith
Non-Denom
BJWS said:
I'll keep you in prayer.
Have YOU tried just talking to him? Maybe going out to shoot some hoops or skateboard and see maybe what he's going through?
i try talking to him. ask him how he's doing, what's goin on. but i can't seem to get anything out of him. i know my parents had a talk with him last week, that led to all three of them crying. but i don't know why he was crying

Upvote 0

indagroove

Apr 14, 2005
USA
✟9,211.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
We'll pray. It is your parents responsibility to bring him in line. I am not sure there is much you can do. If he is driving, I think you parents have a lot of options to bring him around by awarding him for good behaviour. (as in letting him drive as a privilege.) They better get a handle on it now, as it will probably only get worse.

Upvote 0