Teaching about Homosexuality in Schools (2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

onemorequestion

Jun 27, 2010
✟1,978.00
Faith
Non-Denom
So what reason do you have then, to not support and celebrate homosexuality? You have yet to explain that for me, or for anyone else on here.

I am a Christian. It is extremely inappropriate behavior for Christians to contemplate engaging in. Jesus is quoted as teaching that it is a greater sin to encourage someone to sin.

I consider the following Christian bashing. Tell me why you think it isn't?

judithAPC034__alt_icons.gif
natives__alt_icons.jpg
judithAPC060__alt_icons.gif

Upvote 0

Robinsegg

SuperMod L's
Site Supporter
Mar 1, 2006
Near the Mississippi
✟63,126.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So you'd rather make people feel horrible about themselves than make them feel good about themselves? That is what you seem to be saying, since you seem to think it's wrong to tell homosexuals they're fine the way they are (which is a way to make them feel good about themselves), and instead you seem to think that homosexuals should be told that they're bad, sinful, and dirty simply because they're attracted to the same gender (which is a way to make them feel bad about themselves).

Tell me, do you even know anything about how much it can hurt to be told that you're a bad person over and over again? Or do you not care about how much something hurts someone else, as long as you yourself are following the Bible as literally as possible?

What if a homosexual killed him/herself because he/she felt like she was disgusting, evil, and unworthy of being alive? Would you even care at all about that, or would you just be glad that his/her homosexuality wasn't being celebrated?
I'm no better than a homosexual, as I sin, too. James 2:10 makes it clear that any sin breaks the Law just as much as any other. Thus, we are all bad, sinful and dirty. Only through accepting Christ and His sacrifice can we be made clean . . . but it is His cleaning, not our own.

Rachel

Upvote 0

Robinsegg

SuperMod L's
Site Supporter
Mar 1, 2006
Near the Mississippi
✟63,126.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Care to actually explain how any of those graphics are insulting at all?
The only one I see as possibly insulting is the one that is a deliberate take-off of What Would Jesus Do stickers. It's taking a Christian thing and purposely twisting it to another purpose . . .

Though it's not really insulting to me, but either:
1. an attempt at a clever rebuttal or
2. an evidence of the fact that someone wasn't very creative.

Rachel

Upvote 0

Jase

Feb 20, 2003
✟10,432.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Democrat
The only one I see as possibly insulting is the one that is a deliberate take-off of What Would Jesus Do stickers. It's taking a Christian thing and purposely twisting it to another purpose . . .

Though it's not really insulting to me, but either:
1. an attempt at a clever rebuttal or
2. an evidence of the fact that someone wasn't very creative.

Rachel

Well, Christians don't own the WWJD tag, and they certainly have ripped off plenty of other people/ideas themselves. Every Christian holiday is a rip-off for example.

Upvote 0

onemorequestion

Jun 27, 2010
✟1,978.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I'm no better than a homosexual, as I sin, too.

Is there a place in scripture that tells us to celebrate our sins? And, to celebrate and encourage others to sin?

James 2:10 makes it clear that any sin breaks the Law just as much as any other.

If being a sinner shuts us up, how could James write to us about sin?

Thus, we are all bad, sinful and dirty. Only through accepting Christ and His sacrifice can we be made clean . . . but it is His cleaning, not our own.

King David wrote Psalm 51 before Jesus was born.

Upvote 0

onemorequestion

Jun 27, 2010
✟1,978.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Well, Christians don't own the WWJD tag,

Yes they do. At least the Christian ladies who thought it up for thise little bracelets do. They were Christians.

. . . and they certainly have ripped off plenty of other people/ideas themselves. Every Christian holiday is a rip-off for example.

European Christians. Place blame accordingly please. Americans dreamed up Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer. Nothing pagan about Rudy.

Upvote 0

clep

May 1, 2010
✟7,852.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Yes. People who are horrible and do horrible things should be told they are horrible.

We are all sinners, we all have faults and so do you. One of yours appears to be believing that the words you have used here do not lead to abusive behavior.

Upvote 0

Polycarp1

Born-again Liberal Episcopalian
Sep 4, 2003
USA
✟25,875.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
And you should. Irrational fear of homosexuality is a horrible thing. Now, a rational and reasoned reaction to not support and celebrate homosexuality is a healthy Christian position.

When you advance a rational and reasoned reaction to homosexuality or its support that appears to me to be a healthy Christian position, I'll be happy to support you in it.

Upvote 0

onemorequestion

Jun 27, 2010
✟1,978.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Wonderful observation.

Of course it is.

But considered hate speech now:

1 Have mercy on me, O God,
according to your unfailing love;
according to your great compassion
blot out my transgressions.

2 Wash away all my iniquity
and cleanse me from my sin.

3 For I know my transgressions,
and my sin is always before me.

4 Against you, you only, have I sinned
and done what is evil in your sight,
so that you are proved right when you speak
and justified when you judge.
5 Surely I was sinful at birth,
sinful from the time my mother conceived me.

6 Surely you desire truth in the inner parts ;
you teach me wisdom in the inmost place.

7 Cleanse me with hyssop, and I will be clean;
wash me, and I will be whiter than snow.

8 Let me hear joy and gladness;
let the bones you have crushed rejoice.

9 Hide your face from my sins
and blot out all my iniquity.
10 Create in me a pure heart, O God,
and renew a steadfast spirit within me.

11 Do not cast me from your presence
or take your Holy Spirit from me.
12 Restore to me the joy of your salvation
and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.

13 Then I will teach transgressors your ways,
and sinners will turn back to you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

onemorequestion

Jun 27, 2010
✟1,978.00
Faith
Non-Denom
When you advance a rational and reasoned reaction to homosexuality or its support that appears to me to be a healthy Christian position, I'll be happy to support you in it.

How many reasoned and rational replies for the logical opposition to homosexuality supported in the Church have I given you directly? A dozen? Two dozen?

And still, you have never (and can never) produce even one word of celebration or encouragement of same gender sexuality from the Bible. Not Tanakh or New Testament.

I have never asked for your support and will never ask for it. I can't. You are on one side (the new liberal apologetic agenda movement), and I am on the side of the solid and historic Apostolic testimony. Which includes the four Gospels.

All I can and should do, is continue to contend for the faith . . .

Upvote 0

onemorequestion

Jun 27, 2010
✟1,978.00
Faith
Non-Denom
So you keep claiming, but it simply isn't a true statement. Nobody stormed my synagogue the past two days during Yom Kippur and arrested us for hate speech.

You left off this part:

1 Have mercy on me, O God,
according to your unfailing love;
according to your great compassion
blot out my transgressions.

2 Wash away all my iniquity
and cleanse me from my sin.

3 For I know my transgressions,
and my sin is always before me.

4 Against you, you only, have I sinned
and done what is evil in your sight,
so that you are proved right when you speak
and justified when you judge.
5 Surely I was sinful at birth,
sinful from the time my mother conceived me.

6 Surely you desire truth in the inner parts ;
you teach me wisdom in the inmost place.

7 Cleanse me with hyssop, and I will be clean;
wash me, and I will be whiter than snow.

8 Let me hear joy and gladness;
let the bones you have crushed rejoice.

9 Hide your face from my sins
and blot out all my iniquity.
10 Create in me a pure heart, O God,
and renew a steadfast spirit within me.

11 Do not cast me from your presence
or take your Holy Spirit from me.
12 Restore to me the joy of your salvation
and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.

13 Then I will teach transgressors your ways,
and sinners will turn back to you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Archaeopteryx

Wanderer
Jul 1, 2007
✟70,740.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Now, a rational and reasoned reaction to not support and celebrate homosexuality is a healthy Christian position.

Pity then that you lack a rational and reasoned reaction. Remember your 'non-breeding individuals are worthless' canard? How did that one work out for you?

Upvote 0

Polycarp1

Born-again Liberal Episcopalian
Sep 4, 2003
USA
✟25,875.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
How many reasoned and rational replies for the logical opposition to homosexuality supported in the Church have I given you directly? A dozen? Two dozen?

And still, you have never (and can never) produce even one word of celebration or encouragement of same gender sexuality from the Bible. Not Tanakh or New Testament.

I have never asked for your support and will never ask for it. I can't. You are on one side (the new liberal apologetic agenda movement), and I am on the side of the solid and historic Apostolic testimony. Which includes the four Gospels.

All I can and should do, is continue to contend for the faith . . .

I have advanced a number of quotations from the Gospels that condemn your stance against people, and other quotations that say in effect that non-judgmentalism and inclusiveness is in accord with the Gospel message. I suspect that you are as blind to your own errors as you believe others to be of theirs. I encourage you to contend for the faith as taught by Jesus Christ -- which may not always fit your preconceptions -- as it does not always fit mine.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.