Teacher jailed for contempt of court after refusing to use student's gender-neutral pronouns

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,385.00
Faith
Pentecostal
That's why I mentioned a few times in previous posts that this isn't actually one "blanket topic", but actually several sub-topics, that each need to be evaluated individually.

Marriage Rights
Bathrooms/Locker rooms
Sports
Children

All separate conversations...as there's no "one size fits all".

Saying "this transgender woman should be able to marry whoever she wants, and should be able to use the women's bathroom" is very different than the conversations about physical sports, and whether or not we should be allowing 10 year olds to make major life altering decisions.

This notion that "you have to either accept or reject all of it" isn't productive.

I agree with you on this. It's not an all or nothing proposition. Treating transgender issues in a 35 year old is quite different than an 8 year old or a 12 year old.

And that's different than bathrooms and locker rooms and sports.

You are spot on.

Upvote 0

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟166,106.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
The studies I saw say the opposite. The majority of kids desist.
Old studies. studies that made assumptions about non responders. Studies where all the youth were nto transgender.

None of which change the fact that studies both with and without medical intervention the results are the same. Almost none of the kids who are trans desist. Deal with it.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,385.00
Faith
Pentecostal
two of the four studies I referenced didn't involve puberty blockers or hormones. So try again

One of the studies is irrelevant due to it was a confirmation biased study with no control groups. Totally unscientific and cannot be used legitimately.

The other study cannot be found and was done by a pro-trans doctor who supports the trans agenda. Totally biased person who who's study we can't read it examine.

There have been plenty of other studies that prove that the majority of kids 67% and up to 95% depending on the study will desist. Thus proving trans is NOT a matter of being born that way.

Also one of the studies not only being biased is all about social transitioning where everyone around you supports your transition to the point you can't desist because everyone thinks you are trans. Social pressure with no control groups.

No, leave the kids alone, give them psych therapy to help them through the process and they will desist the majority of the time.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,385.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Old studies. studies that made assumptions about non responders. Studies where all the youth were nto transgender.

None of which change the fact that studies both with and without medical intervention the results are the same. Almost none of the kids who are trans desist. Deal with it.

Almost all of them do desist. Deal with it. Quit trying to trans the kids. Leave them alone.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think that's what some are going for. But I don't think that's the main focus. The reality is we ALL KNOW what a man is and what a woman is. And the trans folks want to be what a woman is or a man is. That's why the hormones and surgeries. They want to have breasts and vaginas. They want no breasts and a penis. They want to get rid of facial hair etc. All through history since the dawn of civilization men look like men and women look like women. Cause that's how biology works.

I almost think the whole you can be a woman and still look like a man is another problem all together.
The idea is to mix up and confuse that as much as possible. For biology and genetics to be replaced with perception.

• Agree
Reactions: rjs330
Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟454,517.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
i think this is a very ugly demonic spirit that is getting hold into people and even goverments, because they didn't reject whats wrong and are calling good bad and bad good. There is very noticeable double standards here, is like trans people are in a whole other category where people can be punished because refusing to use some words, this never happened before like this, its so crazy is scary.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟142,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
i think this is a very ugly demonic spirit that is getting hold into people and even goverments, because they didn't reject whats wrong and are calling good bad and bad good. There is very noticeable double standards here, is like trans people are in a whole other category where people can be punished because refusing to use some words, this never happened before like this, its so crazy is scary.
What?
It can’t be that people of tired of living under the same old sets-of-rules and would like, for a change, to live under different sets of rules…it has to be “demonic”?

Where is our agency, whence goeth “free will” if we’re nought but dupes (or saints) of demons (or God)?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟454,517.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What?
It can’t be that people of tired of living under the same old sets-of-rules and would like, for a change, to live under different sets of rules…it has to be “demonic”?

Where is our agency, whence goeth “free will” if we’re nought but dupes (or saints) of demons (or God)?

What i mentioned can't be discussed with non christians, you need to get into the truth that God exists in the first place, God can interact with people, he has touched millions of lives, and is demanding everyone to repent.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,385.00
Faith
Pentecostal
What?

As an adult if you want to be trans then go ahead. That's free will. Don't ask everyone else to coddle you delusion. That's theirs.

And for heavens sake. Leave the kids alone.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Aldebaran
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟142,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
What i mentioned can't be discussed with non christians, you need to get into the truth that God exists in the first place, God can interact with people, he has touched millions of lives, and is demanding everyone to repent.
Well considering that Christians only account for about 25% of the population of the Earth, the answer to this “demand” seems to be “no”.

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Well considering that Christians only account for about 25% of the population of the Earth, the answer to this “demand” seems to be “no”.

I'm just glad that all these demons and satanic forces only seem to affect Christians and leave me alone.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟254,846.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Off
Some of that is guided by HR. I might disagree with HR, but ultimately if I want to keep my job I have to do what I'm told. Thanks to the authoritarian left. Especially if they haven't actually transitioned.

Once the person had fully committed and completely transitioned then would call them Lucy.

As I said...ignore what repurcussions there might be re keeping your job. I want to know what you personally would think is the best course of action.

This can't be too hard to answer.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟142,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm just glad that all these demons and satanic forces only seem to affect Christians and leave me alone.
I’m reminded of the bit Dan Novello did with his Father Guido Sarducci character explaining that
“UFO’s have this beam where if they’d shoot you with it it make you forget they you’ve seen them; so if you have never seen a UFO, you probably see them all of the time!”

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,206,890.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Where are these updated studies that you're referencing?

From my understanding, both "sets of studies" that people on both sides bring out to support their respective positions have some methodology issues.

For instance:

The studies suggesting that "90% of kids desist" have the issue of using a very small sample size, and assuming that everyone who didn't come back to follow-up questionnaire was a "desist". Which artificially skew the numbers higher than what they actually would be.

Likewise, some of the more recent studies (like the ones commissioned by the Trans Youth Project) that suggest that "only 2.5% of kids desist" have some flaws as well. The most obvious one being that it's not an unbiased source (we wouldn't trust the Tobacco industry to commission a study to to evaluate the impacts of smoking).

Apart from that, the study was started over 10 years ago (at a time when far fewer kids were identifying as transgender - The UCLA study referenced here outlines the sharp rise in youths identifying as such in the past 5-10 years), there's varying explanations for why there's been such a sharp recent uptick in the numbers. Some of it is likely due to society becoming more accepting, but one also can't deny that there's been a shift in the climate of certain social circles where it's considered "cool" or "trendy" to be anything other than cis/straight.

The study's cohort was also only including children parents who were willing to facilitate their transition.

The study also included some very young children, and only followed them for 5 years which presents some issues with regards to what we know about the learning patterns of very young children.

Those aspects will cause the numbers to appear lower than what they actually are for the desistence rate.

I would liken it to an example of trying to study "how many people can quit using Drug XYZ on their own, absent any outside intervention?"

If Study A used a really small sample size, and made the erroneous assumption that everyone who didn't show up for the follow up survey "must have been able to quit", then they would likely overestimate.

If Study B started before Drug XYZ became widely available, and only consisted of people who had family and friends who were willing to facilitate the usage, they would likely underestimate.

The studies indicating only 2.5% and all the way up to 90% are both likely missing the mark by quite a bit...but in the current social climate, it's going to be very difficult to get an objective study at this point...and even if it was possible, we'd have to wait for 5-10 years before the results came back.

Upvote 0

RocksInMyHead

God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!
May 12, 2011
PA
✟320,707.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
You can have gender dysphoria without being trans, and you can be trans without ever having gender dysphoria. And so Aldebaran's analogy is incorrect. Rain is water, but not all water is rain.
Au contraire - rain describes a phenomenon: material (typically liquid) falling from the sky. It's almost always water, but it does not have to be.

Similarly, a lake is a structure. A pool of liquid. You can, for example, have a lake of lava. That's not water.

• Useful
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Maybe not everyone would be comfortable calling a boy "Cupcake". These are kids. Do you really think they're not going to play around with this? Wait and see how it all turns out a few years from now.
How many little boys do you think would ask to be called Cupcake?

Upvote 0