✟39,400.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Luke 12:
32 Do not fear, little flock, for it is your Father’s good pleasure to give you the kingdom.
33 Sell what you have and give alms; provide yourselves money bags which do not grow old,
a treasure in the heavens that does not fail, where no thief approaches nor moth destroys.
34 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

Upvote 0

AbbaLove

Circumcism Of The Heart
May 16, 2015
✟120,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Teach the Gentiles to obey all of the Torah.

This is our calling from Yahshua himself, right before he ascended.
Maybe, first try placing your demand on Reform Judaism and see how that goes over before placing that yoke on Gentile Christianity. My point is that Yahshua was talking to His Jewish disciples, not Gentiles ...

But He answered and said, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel."

So, you don't agree with Peter at the Jerusalem Council? So, are you implying that Peter was being disobedient to Yahshua? Me thinks you're just "stirring the pot" ...

giphy.gif

Acts 15:8-11 (CLV) ... WHAT, no capitalizing of "holy spirit" ... shame, shame
8 And God, the Knower of hearts, testifies to them, giving the holy spirit according as to us also, 9 and in nothing discriminates between us and them, cleansing their hearts by faith." 10 Why, then, are you now trying God, by placing a yoke on the neck of the disciples which neither our fathers nor we are strong enough to bear? 11 But through the grace of the Lord Jesus we are believing, to be saved in a manner even as they."​

So, are you suggesting that Peter (and Paul) are partially responsible for today's Gentile Christianity?

• Agree
Reactions: Mr. M
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Maybe, first try placing your demand on Reform Judaism and see how that goes over before placing that yoke on Gentile Christianity.

I was raised Christian. I'm more suited to calling Christians to be yoked to Messiah.

My point is that Yahshua was talking to His Jewish disciples, not Gentiles ...

Maybe the CJB is causing confusion here. Here is a translation which is devoid of Hebrew words:

(CLV) Mt 28:19
Going, then, disciple all the nations, baptizing them into the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit,

(CLV) Mt 28:20
teaching them to be keeping all, whatever I direct you. And|lo! I am with you all the days till the conclusion of the eon! Amen!"

Paul says that there is no difference between the nations and the Jews; that we are to be one in Messiah.

(CLV) Ga 3:28
in Whom there is not Jew nor yet Greek, there is not slave nor yet free, there is not male and female, for you all are one in Christ Jesus.

Paul didn't just make this up. Paul preached from the TaNaK.

But He answered and said, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel."

Indeed he did; and it is written that YHWH would make a new covenant with Israel. The new covenant is not, with the Pagan nations. In other words, to be in covenant, and to be one in Messiah, one must be one with Israel. This is supported by the Torah.

Here is just one example:

(CLV) Num 15:15
As for the assembly, there shall be one statute for you and for the sojourner sojourning with you. It shall be an eonian statute throughout your generations.(This means forever) Like you so shall the sojourner be before Yahweh.

(CLV) Num 15:16
One law and one custom, it shall come to be for you and for the sojourner sojourning with you.

So, you don't agree with Peter at the Jerusalem Council? So, are you implying that Peter was being disobedient to Yahshua?

Here is my study on the Jerusalem Council:

Circumcision

Me thinks you're just "stirring the pot" ...

Stirring the pot expedites the marrying of the flavors.

WHAT, no capitalizing of "holy spirit" ... shame, shame

What are you talking about?

Acts 15:8-11

8 And God, the Knower of hearts, testifies to them, giving the holy spirit according as to us also, 9 and in nothing discriminates between us and them, cleansing their hearts by faith." 10 Why, then, are you now trying God, by placing a yoke on the neck of the disciples which neither our fathers nor we are strong enough to bear? 11 But through the grace of the Lord Jesus we are believing, to be saved in a manner even as they."
So, are you suggesting that Peter (and Paul) are partially responsible for today's Gentile Christianity?

Faith preceded works with Abraham. Placing the works before faith is putting the cart before the horse. It's not supported by the Torah. Much like the outward sign of Baptism, the outward sign of circumcision means nothing in absence of the inward change.

Peter and Paul were Torah observant. Their example was of Messiah's example. They taught obedience to the Torah.

I don't blame them for those who twist their words.

(CLV) 1Co 11:1
Become imitators of me, according as I also am of Christ.

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: Dkh587
Upvote 0

Dkh587

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2014
Southeast
✟552,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Maybe, first try placing your demand on Reform Judaism and see how that goes over before placing that yoke on Gentile Christianity. My point is that Yahshua was talking to His Jewish disciples, not Gentiles ...

So, you don't agree with Peter at the Jerusalem Council? So, are you implying that Peter was being disobedient to Yahshua? Me thinks you're just "stirring the pot" ...

giphy.gif

Acts 15:8-11 (CLV) ... WHAT, no capitalizing of "holy spirit" ... shame, shame
8 And God, the Knower of hearts, testifies to them, giving the holy spirit according as to us also, 9 and in nothing discriminates between us and them, cleansing their hearts by faith." 10 Why, then, are you now trying God, by placing a yoke on the neck of the disciples which neither our fathers nor we are strong enough to bear? 11 But through the grace of the Lord Jesus we are believing, to be saved in a manner even as they."​

God’s commandments are not a yoke that the Israelites could not bear - the Israelites were saved through faith, and so are the Gentiles.

the yoke the Israelites could not bear was salvation through any other way than faith.

Peter was responding to the claim that you could not be saved UNLESS you were circumcised, which we know is not true, because Abraham was saved prior to his circumcision, and he was credited as righteous as based on his trust in God.

Moses told Israel that what he was commanding them was not too hard to do, and it was within their grasp:

Deuteronomy 30:9-14
And Yahweh thy God will make thee plenteous in every work of thine hand, in the fruit of thy body, and in the fruit of thy cattle, and in the fruit of thy land, for good: for Yahweh will again rejoice over thee for good, as he rejoiced over thy fathers: If thou shalt hearken unto the voice of Yahweh thy God, to keep his commandments and his statutes which are written in this book of the law, and if thou turn unto Yahweh thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul.

For this commandment which I command thee this day, it is not hidden from thee, neither is it far off.

It is not in heaven, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go up for us to heaven, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it?

Neither is it beyond the sea, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go over the sea for us, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it?

But the word is very nigh unto thee, in thy mouth, and in thy heart, that thou mayest do it.

Reactions: HARK!
Upvote 0