Hogwarts
✟22,875.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I think Sharon has a good point, after all, I find ALL cross dressers to look ugly. But there are a billion other people in this world that find that hot. I also HATE Crocs. And mullets. And denim overalls. I think when people wear those that they look ugly on them. The items, not the person.

I also find most tattoos to be unattractive... does that mean that just because I think they are ugly that the person is unattractive? No. Because my opinion doesn't change who the person is or looks like.

Likewise, Sharon's opinion has no bearing on what you actually look like. And she has a right to express her dislike of tatts just like you have the right to admire them.

Right. But would you walk up to a cross dresser and call that person ugly? No.

I understand that she has a right to express her opinion. It still doesn't change anything. I know what she says has no bearing on my looks. I know I'm not trashy. I still however do not like being called trashy.

Upvote 0

Amber.ly

Predictably eccentric and honestly hypocritical
Mar 1, 2010
Gone- PM if you need me
✟22,486.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I understand that she has a right to express her opinion. It still doesn't change anything. I know what she says has no bearing on my looks. I know I'm not trashy. I still however do not like being called trashy.

[I find it funny that right about the time I deleted my words, you posted this. Ah timing]

I just expressed my opinion publicly so I guess in a way, yes, I would tell someone that, because any cross dresser passing this thread would see it.

While I have no issues continuing a discussion on giving offense/seeking offense/avoiding offense with you- at this point everything I could say would start more drama in this thread. Not from you but more than likely from others so I am bowing out.

Reactions: Allen1901
Upvote 0

MacFall

Agorist
Nov 24, 2007
Western Pennsylvania, USA
✟25,688.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
First of all, I'm sorry I've offended you, but I'm not sorry I stated my true and honest opinion of tattoos. I never, and I repeat, never purposely try to offend anyone, so offending you and any person who has a tattoos was not my intention.

Yes, I instantly think a person looks trashy when they have tattoos, that's my opinion and there is NOTHING wrong with it. It's no different then saying that I hate the color yellow, or that the color yellow looks terrible on a certain person. Everyone is different and has their own views on everything. And furthermore...I may think tattoos make a person look trashy, but that doesn't mean I treat tattooed people as if they are trashy. I have relatives with tattoos and yes, I think they appear trashy with them, however I love those relatives with all my heart and would never treat them unkindly because of their tattoos. Same with you, I would never, on CF or in person, treat you any differently then the next person because you're tattooed.

Your opinion is as valid as any other, but the word "trashy" carries an implication of immoral behavior. Like, a "trashy" person is the type of person who gets drunk and pees in the street and has promiscuous sex at frat parties. I would suggest revising your terminology.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

white dove

(she's a) maniac
Jan 23, 2004
Out there, livin'
✟49,357.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Honestly, Ericka (I hope and pray I spelled your name correctly. Otherwise, I suck).. I would like to be angry along with you, but I just can't. I have tattoos as well, but I don't really take offense to her post. Why? It's just her own opinion. I think chest tattoos look trashy on a woman. I think leg tattoos look trashy. Have I seen people who contradict my opinion? Not yet. Do I think most - if not all, at this point - lower back tattoos look stupid? Yes. Do I have a lower back tattoo? Yes. Really, it's just her opinion. And I don't take any offense to what she's said or how she's said it. If at the end of the day, you know you not only don't look trashy, but you aren't trashy... then who cares what anyone has to say (because you know they will).

Reactions: Amber.ly
Upvote 0

Touma

Feb 19, 2007
Virginia
✟26,533.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
At the end of the day, despite what opinions we may have, we must first and foremost remember to say EDIFYING things about our brothers and sisters. Calling someone's style trashy is not trashy. There are good ways about going about saying your opinion, and insults, whether you mean them to be insulting or not, is not the best way.

Ephesian 4:29 (NLT):
Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them.

and:

Romans 14:19
Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification.

and

1 Thessalonians 5:11
Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.

Reactions: SweetDee
Upvote 0

SweetDee

I solemnly swear I am up to no good.
Jul 13, 2010
Hogwarts
✟22,875.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Honestly, Ericka (I hope and pray I spelled your name correctly. Otherwise, I suck).. I would like to be angry along with you, but I just can't. I have tattoos as well, but I don't really take offense to her post. Why? It's just her own opinion. I think chest tattoos look trashy on a woman. I think leg tattoos look trashy. Have I seen people who contradict my opinion? Not yet. Do I think most - if not all, at this point - lower back tattoos look stupid? Yes. Do I have a lower back tattoo? Yes. Really, it's just her opinion. And I don't take any offense to what she's said or how she's said it. If at the end of the day, you know you not only don't look trashy, but you aren't trashy... then who cares what anyone has to say (because you know they will).

I would respond via rep Dovey but your reps are turned off. Tisk!

I know I know. Not everyone will be offended by the same things I am. I envy your thick skin. But I digress...

anyway, Austin to remove that tattoo would be sinful. I would advise against it.

Upvote 0
A

Amber the Duskbringer

Ah, but then some people who get offended (not pointing out anyone here, I'm not that passive-aggressive) tend to go around and do likewise, just with different terms for someone else. The poster already stated she was not intending to insult and pretty much stated she didn't think that about Er. We're all not amazing with words here.

Sounds pretty passive aggressive to me. And it wasn't just one person but a few. Amazing with words or not I took offense because it implies the people I know are trashy which is not the case. Apples and oranges I guess.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

white dove

(she's a) maniac
Jan 23, 2004
Out there, livin'
✟49,357.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
I would respond via rep Dovey but your reps are turned off. Tisk!

I know I know. Not everyone will be offended by the same things I am. I envy your thick skin. But I digress...

0229.JPG

The best meat's in the [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]!

/inappropriate

Upvote 0

Miss Spaulding

Virtus semper viridis
Jan 6, 2005
The Tropics
✟110,041.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

You're right about that, I never would walk up to someone and say something rude like that to their face just...because. That includes saying I think your tattoos look trashy. However, if the tattooed person, or cross-dresser if you will, walked up to 'me' and asked my honest opinion, as an honest person, I would say just what I think of tattoos. If they don't like my opinion, then tough. They asked a question they got an answer. I've done just that on this thread. A question about tattoos has been asked and I've given my answer. 'Trashy' is the word that best describes my opinion of tattoos, it wasn't directed personally towards YOU, Er2003.

There's no DEEP meaning behind 'trashy' here, people...I just think it looks trashy. For crying out loud, you'd think I said that I wished all tattooed people would go hang themselves from the nearest tree. Let's give it a rest here, shall we?

Reactions: white dove
Upvote 0

SweetDee

I solemnly swear I am up to no good.
Jul 13, 2010
Hogwarts
✟22,875.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
0229.JPG

The best meat's in the [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]!

/inappropriate

:ahah: Congrats! You win the internet!

Reactions: white dove
Upvote 0

white dove

(she's a) maniac
Jan 23, 2004
Out there, livin'
✟49,357.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Sounds pretty passive aggressive to me. And it wasn't just one person but a few. Amazing with words or not I took offense because it implies the people I know are trashy which is not the case. Apples and oranges I guess.

It's safe to say you're probably unfamiliar with:

* the term "passive-aggressive" or
* the quote I was posting a reply to or
* my posting style or
* my relationship with Ericka or
* a combination

Ericka's the last person I could ever be passive-aggressive with. I'd just be plain aggressive.

:comeon: <-- at Ericka, not you

Or passive:

:blush1: <-- at Ericka, not you

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Miss Spaulding

Virtus semper viridis
Jan 6, 2005
The Tropics
✟110,041.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Exactly. But I'm being argued with, not debated with. I'm done arguing, and I'm shocked that I've actually argued this in the first place because I loathe arguing and steer clear of it pretty much at all times.

Anyway!...Er2003, I never did, I don't now, and probably never will consider you trashy. If you hate my guts, I'm sorry to hear it because my appology earlier was truly meant.

Upvote 0

white dove

(she's a) maniac
Jan 23, 2004
Out there, livin'
✟49,357.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
I think it is safe to say I am knowledgeable about it.

1. It's pretty obvious
2. I don't care I see your posts not the person behind it. Don't like people taking it outta proportion learn to use a AIM style chat.
3. Again I don't care this is a forum. Learn to use a chat.

That's cool but again this is a forum not a chatty nancy msn style thing where noone else reads it. That would imply I should care what your relationship to these people is.

BTW Welcome to the internet. Thicker skins can be found on Ebay. :D I think it's safe to say you don't know anything about me or you would know I don't take much seriously and I really just like to rile some people up.

It would be advisable for you to block me. Our interactions can only go uphill at this point, but with your.. I want to say "personality" - at least online - there's no way you can even attempt to read my posts in any way resembling how I wish to convey my thoughts. Some people have understood me just fine. Also, Protip: Many people use rep comments, blessings and visitor messages to "privately" converse with others about things that transpire on the board.

Upvote 0