Tattoos, turn on or turn off?

GoodNewsJim

Senior Veteran
Aug 2, 2006
Visit site
✟20,152.00
Faith
Presbyterian
I don't really care much about tattoos as long as they're pretty good and not trying to be evil. I have one. I got it from my friend who I recommended getting into tattoos as a job.

What I find is a huge turnoff is women who tattoo their chest. I see a lot of it when browsing the dating sites.

SweetDee

I solemnly swear I am up to no good.
Jul 13, 2010
Hogwarts
✟22,875.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I don't really care much about tattoos as long as they're pretty good and not trying to be evil. I have one. I got it from my friend who I recommended getting into tattoos as a job.

What I find is a huge turnoff is women who tattoo their chest. I see a lot of it when browsing the dating sites.

Most chest tattoos on females look trashy in my opinion.

I do like tattoos and I personally find them attractive on guys. However, face tattoos are a no go for me.

Upvote 0

Scottish Knight

Veteran
Feb 17, 2010
Scotland
✟10,580.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Personally I don't like tattoos, but some do. Recentky the most tattooed woman in the world got married:

piercewedding3.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

white dove

(she's a) maniac
Jan 23, 2004
Out there, livin'
✟49,357.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
I don't prefer that any man I date have them (and have been good so far). I love tattoos though. Love them. Eh, some of them, I should clarify. The ones artfully-done, meaningful.. things like that. Neck tattoos are a definite turn-off though.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MacFall

Agorist
Nov 24, 2007
Western Pennsylvania, USA
✟25,688.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Depends on what they are, where they are, and how extreme/extensive they are. I think as far as volume goes, I would draw the line at "sleeves". None on the face and/or private parts, plz. Frankly I'm freaked out by people who willingly allow needles near their genitals.

Beyond that, if they are pictures or messages that I appreciate and are tastefully located, I can see them being a turn-on in a secondary kind of way.

Upvote 0

Lord Herdsetk

What were they thinking?
Dec 4, 2010
Alabama
✟16,810.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm not a fan of tattoos. For one, once you get old and wrinkly they look like crap, especially those that cover large portions of your body. Bleh.

I don't mind if they're small or meaningful, but I'd prefer a woman not have any. Obviously, if the woman is special to me I can overlook the tattoos on her, maybe even appreciate them, but they're more of a negative than a positive to me.

Upvote 0

barefeetonholyground

CF member for 15 years!
Oct 26, 2003
Kitsap County, Washington
✟34,761.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Depends on the design and why they are there. I know a few people who claim that it associates Christians with a certain body of non-believers and use the "above reproach" argument on that but I firmly believe that what I have on me was prompted by the Holy Spirit and that my tattoo on my wrist is glorifying to God.
I was talking with a friend from church while I was in Turkey who asked about it and after telling my story to him he said to me, astounded by the way, "There's no way I can have you meet my teenage girls now. You've refuted every reason I have ever given them for not getting a tattoo." I don't debate people, I just relate my reason for marking myself to the gospel and people see that I in no way associate myself with ungodly things. Besides, where I live tattoos are pretty mainstream anyway.

Upvote 0