Blackguard_

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
Feb 9, 2004
Tucson
✟18,992.00
Faith
Lutheran
A cross made out of fish.

But seriously, you shouldn't get a tatto unless you have your heart set on a design. It's kind of permenant and expenive or painful to remove.

I want opinions of if and where I should get it,
Upper arm. Other locations are for chicks and people who have multiple tats or a really big one.

Upvote 0

shadistarr

Nov 23, 2006
San Francisco
✟8,716.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
^^^^
No, he's not a chick.

Dudes get tattoos on the upper arm, unless it's not his first or is huge.
Nothing wrong with a man who gets a tattoo else where in my book... Doesn't really take away from his manliness.

I suggest getting the tattoo artist to draw it on the location that you want it, and deal with it for a week. If you don't like it you can wash it off and try a different spot or design.

Upvote 0

fuzzymel

Contributor
Sep 25, 2006
Not a clue
✟15,527.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I think they should be in places that you could easily cover up.

My husband worked with a guy who loved tattoos and was covered in them but he always made sure that he could wear a shirt and not have them showing. This was important because a lot of pubs/nightclubs where he lived has rules saying no tattoos on show.

Upvote 0

Teufelhund

Senior Veteran
Jul 29, 2007
Camp Pendleton, Ca
✟18,575.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
^^^^
No, he's not a chick.

Dudes get tattoos on the upper arm, unless it's not his first or is huge.
I have one on my back, I know many Marines who have tattoos on their backs, thighs, etc. A forearm or shoulder is fine. But it's been done so many times it just becomes really old. Also they should be coverable, just because not all people are exceptionally fond of them.

Upvote 0

plum

my thoughts are free
Nov 30, 2003
✟48,380.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I have one on my spine between my shoulder blades. it's completely private, which is nice.

i think you should wait to get one until you're 110% in love with a design. let it come to you. look at art, nature, etc... see what unique ideas come out. don't borrow someone else's tattoo design just because you can't think of one on your own or don't look long enough ;)
i'm just sick of generic copytats, that's all.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums