Oregon, Lake Oswego
✟555.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
What is your take in taro cards? I am very curious in this. My friend read mine and it was really accurate. We talked an hour about this! It was really interesting to me! Is this wrong! I was just wondering. And what about demons, and evil spirits. We all have our own personal demon. What about their name? How do we keep them from us? there is so much about demons I learned tonight! What do you guys know about them! Thanks!

TwinCrier

Double Blessed and spreading the gospel
Oct 11, 2002
Indiana
Visit site
✟24,768.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Tarot cards, and any form of fortune telling for that matter, is demonic. I don't know where this own personal demon thing came from, but I guess it's from the same wrong idea that we have our own guardian angel. We have many angels keeping watch over us (if we are Christian) and Satan cannot harm us without permission from God. What do I think of them? They can all go to hell. Literally.

Upvote 0

ZiSunka

It means 'yellow dog'
Jan 16, 2002
✟38,767.00
Faith
Christian
God condemns fortunetelling of any kind. Plus, most of it is phoney anyway. Your friend already knows all about you, so it wasn't exactly difficult for her to tell you all about yourself, was it? She didn't need cards to tell her about your life.

Did you know that several years ago, when the welfare laws changed, the City of Brooklyn, NY was holding job training classes for people who were losing their welfare benefits and one of the classes was "How to earn a living as a psychic." The students were taught how to be a telephone psychic, and having psychic powers was not required for the course. They taught people how to listen to the caller, how to hear stresses and inflections in their voices that would give them clues to what the caller wanted to hear, plus how to use the internet to quickly find out information about the caller to help them "know" the person and "advise" the person.

There are oodles of ways a "psychic" can cheat and make you think they know all about you, but you are in fact telling them everything they can't find out on the internet.

Oh, and by the way, my dad's friend was killed by a psychic using a Oui-ja board to contact demons (the psychic called them friendly spirits, but how friendly were they when they carried out a murder?). The man's wife wanted to marry another man but she didn't want to get a divorce, she wan't her husband to die so she could keep the house and all their money, so she went to a psychic who helped her contact demons. They asked the demons to kill her husband, and at that same moment, her husband, a healthy athlete in his late 30's, had a massive heart attack and died at work. My dad was there when it happened and saw the man go from healthy to deadly pale and die right before his eyes. My dad went to the funeral where the widow admitted to him what she had done (she was very sorry she had done it) and my dad came home and threw out our oui-ja board, which we had considered a toy until then.

Upvote 0

Imblessed

Reformed Baptist with a Quaker heritage
Aug 8, 2004
Ohio
✟10,256.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Robin18 said:
What is your take in taro cards? I am very curious in this. My friend read mine and it was really accurate. We talked an hour about this! It was really interesting to me! Is this wrong! I was just wondering. And what about demons, and evil spirits. We all have our own personal demon. What about their name? How do we keep them from us? there is so much about demons I learned tonight! What do you guys know about them! Thanks!

You are young, and of course it's interesting to you, but be aware that it is dangerous and unbiblical. I had a reading done when I was about your age, and it seemed really accurate also--then as I thought about it, I realized that the lady was just really good at asking the right questions and everything was general enough that I could read whatever I wanted into it.

We do NOT have our own personal demons, any more than we have our own personal guardian angel.

Upvote 0

arunma

Flaming Calvinist
Apr 29, 2004
✟19,415.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I think that the use of tarot cards is idolatry (unless you know that it's fake, in which case I don't know why you'd use tarot cards). Predicting the future shows that we don't rely on the future grace that comes from God in Christ. So I don't think that fortune telling should be practiced.

Reactions: TwinCrier
Upvote 0

Sword-In-Hand

Born again to raze hell
Nov 27, 2003
ky
✟17,362.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
In the Old Testament Saul had a sorcerer conjure up the spirit of Samuel. In doing so he was greatly punished.

Sorcery, wizardry, witchcraft and so on are all abominations to God. Something He utterly detests, so I would not be messing around with this stuff if I were you. Of course He still offers forgiveness, but Tarot Cards are something you should flee.

Upvote 0

JPPT1974

May 2024 Spring Fever!
Mar 18, 2004
Small Town, USA
✟570,017.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
They are Satanic and Devilish.
If my sister or brother as well as their spouses caught their kids with ones.
They would be punished big time.
Their kids would know better not to read those cards.
Those cards are fake and phony as well.

Upvote 0

Iollain

Jer 18:2-6
May 18, 2004
Atlantic Coast
✟8,725.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Robin18 said:

i would agree with the other posters, taro cards are a for of witchcraft. Just tell your friend that your a Christian and don't want her to read cards for you.

Upvote 0

lucybee

May 31, 2005
✟529.00
Faith
Baptist
Yep, pretty much what everyone else said :) I understand how it can seem "neat" and exciting, but it is wrong, and the devil will use this to cause you many problems

We all have our own personal demon.
Never heard this before, but I see it as an expression only. What I may call my personal demons are struggles that I go through everyday, problems that i have to deal with :)

Upvote 0

Joykins

free Crazy Liz!
Jul 14, 2005
Down in Mary's Land
✟29,390.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
As for the tarot, I think it's all bunk (with the techniques as Lambslove laid out) but I also think it isn't anything a Christian should be involved in because we are not supposed to attempt divination.

Anyone owned by Christ cannot be touched by demons.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

arunma

Flaming Calvinist
Apr 29, 2004
✟19,415.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Joykins said:
As for the tarot, I think it's all bunk (with the techniques as Lambslove laid out) but I also think it isn't anything a Christian should be involved in because we are not supposed to attempt divination.

Anyone owned by Christ cannot be touched by demons.

Oh sure, I don't believe that tarot cards have any real power. I've learned enough science in my education to know that these sorts of things are not only fake, but scientifically impossible (too bad the tarot people can't use supernatural arguments, since they claim that what they're doing is scientific). Nonetheless, God has told us that these things are idolatry. That's enough to keep me away from all of it.

Upvote 0

qpmomma

The Internet Elf
Nov 4, 2005
Indiana
✟8,554.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Honey, put the cards down! My family had a history with them and we unknowingly let in demons into our household.

And since God alone knows our future I think you need to ask Him. And if we have all our trust in God's plan for our lives we should rest in that. Let God "worry" about what's going to happen tommorrow. Let Him handle it, He can handle our lives better than we ever could. I suggest you pray about it.

God bless and take care!

Christina

Upvote 0

dearme

Sep 30, 2005
North Carolina
✟5,360.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
well, i must say I don't believe in it. but then again, we all have different beliefs.:) i am an independant baptist so we may believe different. i can't and want judge those that believe different then me.:thumbsup:
Robin18 said:

Upvote 0

JPPT1974

May 2024 Spring Fever!
Mar 18, 2004
Small Town, USA
✟570,017.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Iollain said:
i would agree with the other posters, taro cards are a for of witchcraft. Just tell your friend that your a Christian and don't want her to read cards for you.

That is what my nephews and nieces would do.
Stand up for their faith.
Taking a stand for Jesus.
:amen:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.