targeted individuals

apple2345

Aug 28, 2013
✟7,723.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Recently, I have become more aware of a movement of people who desire that the government implement laws prohibiting and prosecuting the practices of organized stalking and electronic harassment. I have read several accounts from different places. One in particular being truedemocracy.com. what concerns me as a Christian is that I feel that their situation is largely ignored no one really seems interested in taking the time to listen to what they are saying. As with many things, it is very easy to write someone off who is suffering when we are not the ones suffering. I just wanted to share and suggest that as a Christian this should not be so and invite anyone to pray for them with me. Thank you

Drewanew

Sep 27, 2013
✟7,644.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Respectfully I feel like you might have two entirely different subjects? Otherwise I don't fully understand the question...I mean organized stalking is a terrible thing that should be illegal, it ruins lives by having a number of people harassing someone for some said reason. But then you go on to say we are writing off someone's suffering, which I picture as an individual stalking because of emotional distress, but even then that to should be illegal. There are other avenues to seek help!

Maybe it's just too late and I didn't understand, but it is an interesting subject.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Respectfully I feel like you might have two entirely different subjects? Otherwise I don't fully understand the question...I mean organized stalking is a terrible thing that should be illegal, it ruins lives by having a number of people harassing someone for some said reason. But then you go on to say we are writing off someone's suffering, which I picture as an individual stalking because of emotional distress, but even then that to should be illegal. There are other avenues to seek help!

Maybe it's just too late and I didn't understand, but it is an interesting subject.

I tend to feel the same way you do about this, but then I think of the fact that identity theft is one of the worst invasions of one's privacy and also involves theft...yet the penalty, if one is even caught at it, is minimal. There is only a patchwork of outdated laws and few penalties of consequence.

Upvote 0

Drewanew

Sep 27, 2013
✟7,644.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I tend to feel the same way you do about this, but then I think of the fact that identity theft is one of the worst invasions of one's privacy and also involves theft...yet the penalty, if one is even caught at it, is minimal. There is only a patchwork of outdated laws and few penalties of consequence.

I agree! In this constantly growing age of technology the laws are struggling to keep up with and change to better protect citizens from new found crimes. The penalties need to reflect the damage done or risk present.

Upvote 0
Sep 4, 2011
✟10,276.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Thank you for bringing it to our attention.
I tried the url and it doesn't exist... there's a dot-net blog with a variety of topics, which is probably what you were directing us to.
It's a tricky thing to legislate, because debate could be considered harassment. But there are clearly people who suffer, and even commit suicide, over long-term verbal abuse.

Upvote 0

slickvolt

Sep 26, 2013
✟7,648.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Be in the world, NOT of the world...Back to Jesus

What was it Jesus said to Peter when Peter wanted to try to stop Jesus from being arrested?

"Get Behind Me Satan"...at that point Peter was showing he had NOT been listening to Jesus when Jesus explained to them what he was doing and why....

It has been decreed by God that this earth WILL perish...unregenerate man WILL seek to arrest and kill Christians in mass...it will all be destroyed, THIS IS GODs WILL...so what is our job?

To reach the elect in amongst the unregenerate and BEG them to respond to God's CALL through Jesus our Lord. To persevere in the faith. to suffer whatever persecutions come our way, even to the point of death....that my friends is the 10000 foot view. Of course all of this is contrary to what my flesh wants to do...just like Peter.

Upvote 0

apple2345

Aug 28, 2013
✟7,723.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Thank you for bringing it to our attention.
I tried the url and it doesn't exist... there's a dot-net blog with a variety of topics, which is probably what you were directing us to.
It's a tricky thing to legislate, because debate could be considered harassment. But there are clearly people who suffer, and even commit suicide, over long-term verbal abuse.

I am sorry, I don't know why. Try this one instead. Stop Organized Stalking - Information

Upvote 0

EleanorWhite

Jun 12, 2014
✟15,229.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single

Hi, I'm Eleanor White, author of the e-booklet at the web site mentioned at the beginning of this thread, stopos dot info.

I want to thank all who have taken the time to think about and post about this subject.

Both single and organized stalking are illegal - stalking laws came into effect in the early 1990s in the U.S. and Canada. However, law enforcement agencies always make excuses for not investigating organized stalking cases, either claiming OS doesn't happen, or they don't believe the target is important enough to be group-stalked.

The e-booklet at the link above gives statistics which show that, roughly, one stalking complaint out of every 8 in the U.S., Canada, and the U.K. involves multiple stalkers. That e-booklet also explains some of the very invasive through-wall stalking and harassing technologies available to the modern stalker. (These devices do not work through the target's computer or cell phone - they work directly against the target's body, or violate the target's privacy.)

Insights gained from a Florida-based PI who managed to infiltrate some of the stalking groups are also shared in the e-booklet.

This complicated-sounding crime could actually be stopped, in my opinion, if ordinary people simply became aware, and above all talked about this crime among themselves. The subtle social pressure would move officials to do their sworn and well paid jobs and stop this, I believe.

Meanwhile, it was very encouraging to come across this thread, and thanks again!

Eleanor White
Ontario, Canada

Upvote 0

AgapeBible

Aug 26, 2007
USA/Florida
✟44,259.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I was bullied in school, but that was 15 years ago. They didn't have the common internet use, the internet was just getting started. Cyber bullying is terrible. How can people be so mean? It might be immature people, some people never grow up. Group stalking sounds horrible.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

EleanorWhite

Jun 12, 2014
✟15,229.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
I was bullied in school, but that was 15 years ago. They didn't have the common internet use, the internet was just getting started. Cyber bullying is terrible. How can people be so mean? It might be immature people, some people never grow up. Group stalking sounds horrible.

To me, group stalking is Satan's direct messing with lives. This crime is much more than anything human beings would dream up.

Eleanor White

Upvote 0

kerryanne

Jul 21, 2015
✟7,613.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I have strong personal feelings on this subject, so I am thankful that this subject was brought up. Those of us that know we are targeted get scared and demoralised by the perpetrators and to know that people think of this problem and care enough to pray is a big thing. Thank you so much.

It is a very lonely feeling knowing people do this stuff to you and they do what they want and don't think what they are doing in the process. It is very frustrating also. Once again thank you for your prayers on this topic. It means a lot.

Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
the "law of the land" should not be how we dial in our moral compass. If a crime has less of a penalty than another then perhaps the law is defining one as greater than the other but we know that sin has no rank. Sometimes we have the feeling that every sin is a mark against us on a chalk board and certain sins are greater marks, the law of the land certainly perpetuates this feeling. Then we feel we ask for forgiveness and it is all wiped clean and we start over again but this simply is not how grace works.

The condition of sin is indiscriminate to all regardless of how many flaws they have or perceived marks against them. And Grace is indiscriminate to sin and covers not a collection of sin or a certain amount of time elapsed but the entire state of sin. Once we are recipients of grace "asking" for forgiveness, however healthy, does not make us more forgiven but at the same time Grace is not an impermeable layer over us. Every person needs grace/Christ as much as the next person regardless of their relationship with Christ. Just because we already believe and are recipients of grace doesn't mean we need grace less than someone who has yet to believe.

When we perceive sin and grace this way we dismiss it based on merit by ranking sin and/or spirituality and put everyone on an equal playing field. For example Billy Graham equal to a serial rapist or a serial rapist equal to Billy Graham, both need God as much as the other the difference is Billy recognizes and responds to that need where the rapist (in this example) does not. Once we remove this idea that our actions determine our place we then respond to Christ's constant call on our lives and grace then can consume us. The call of Christ never stops and we are always responsible to responding to it. It's when we stop responding where grace begins to lose its reach.

In your example "stalking" is sinful but a stalker is still in need of Christ, prayer and help no more than then next person (spiritually speaking). We should not dismiss a stalker simply because we are offended so much by their actions that they no longer deserve help; the bible teaches us that doing so puts judgement on ourselves. Our culture may demonise certain acts over others but we know regardless of the action we all need Christ and absolutely should reach out to others where everyone else chooses to ignore.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

EleanorWhite

Jun 12, 2014
✟15,229.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
the "law of the land" should not be how we dial in our moral compass. If a crime has less of a penalty than another then perhaps the law is defining one as greater than the other but we know that sin has no rank. Sometimes we have the feeling that every sin is a mark against us on a chalk board and certain sins are greater marks, the law of the land certainly perpetuates this feeling. Then we feel we ask for forgiveness and it is all wiped clean and we start over again but this simply is not how grace works. ... ETC.

Organized stalkers are different from the more common single stalkers. They, under direction of their organizers, put a great deal of effort into either making the assaults appear as "life's normal bad breaks," or, they do things that can't be proven, such as electronically depriving the target of sleep.

Confronting an organized stalker always brings denial, followed by a suggestion that you, the target, "need to see a psychiatrist."

Under these conditions, ministering to the stalkers can't be done because they will never admit they are involved in stalking the target.

Interestingly, though, I have in a few cases found that by responding helpfully when a perpetrator has a complaint about THEIR lot in life, I have been able to both make a new friend and their harassment stops immediately. This isn't typical but it has happened.

What motivates stalking groups are vicious lies told about the target, and the lie that works best is that the target is a child molester. In the court of public opinion, the target is consistently deemed guilty and no opportunity to rebut the charge is given the target.

NEW: I gave up the domain name stopos dot info in late 2014. The site now occupying that domain name is not mine, and there is at least one statement there which I consider discrediting the anti-group-stalking activism movement.

I have left the field of anti-group-stalking activism, because after a decade, I have not found any way to persuade my colleagues to clearly verbally label guesses as guesses. The result is the average target makes all kinds of statements as fact which are actually someone's guess.

This makes it exceptionally difficult for non-targets to take our issue seriously. Praying for an answer.

Eleanor White

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Crowns&Laurels

Jul 11, 2015
✟6,832.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Group stalking is something 1 in 12 women and 1 in 45 men will experience it in their lifetime. It's a staggering number.
However, it more often just results in moderate annoyance and attempts at defamation. Nothing too much to raise a giant red flag on society, until one realizes what happens in the less common cases like setting someone up for imprisonment. Which is disturbing. False witness, planting drugs or evidences from a crime, and so on. And then there's cases of putting marriages at stake, getting people fired, and even torturing and killing pets.

The only thing I won't defend coming up with control for is cases involving teenage girls committing suicide. Or really electronic harassment on social sites in general. Because it's dumb. Life does not require a FB or Twitter account.
That's the direct fault of parents not paying attention and raising them right, and making laws in relevance to that just takes away parental responsibility.

Upvote 0

EleanorWhite

Jun 12, 2014
✟15,229.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Nothing too much to raise a giant red flag on society, ...

Unlike single stalker stalking, group stalking groups don't ever stop. Individual stalkers may, but the group goes on, in most cases, for the life of the target. I've been group-stalked for 35 years, and a few targets I know have been stalked for about half a century.

In one case, the target, her mother, and her grandmother, have been stalked basically since after World War II. Vicious lies have been told, mainly that these ladies are all prostitutes and deserving of "everything they get." None of which has any truth in it at all.

Furthermore, experiences of some targets suggest that through-wall electronic technology may be in use, which by choosing an appropriate signal pulse rate, can cause sleep deprivation. An old medical device, the Lida machine (Korean War vintage) used a slowly pulsing signal to induce drugless sedation. An experimenter (now deceased) who documented the performance of the machine at the Loma Linda veterans hospital, told me that by increasing the pulse rate, the same machine could prevent sleep.

This 40-watt pulsing transmitter can easily work through walls and at next-door neighbour distances.

There are many reports more recently where pulsing radio devices like wifi,
smart meters, and cell towers may be responsible for complaints of sleep deprivation. These complaints report that after a smart meter, say, has been installed, the home's occupants have extreme difficulty sleeping.

I can't prove that through-wall electronic harassment is widespread, but many targets report sleep deprivation, especially involving being popped wide awake at specific times, precisely on the hour, typically.

I would also add that there are small-value but constant thefts and sabotage at home, on the job, and at work being reported by many targets. Entry is apparently by way of keys - usually a break-in is not involved.

The dollar value of any single theft or sabotage is well below where police can be called in, however, this becomes a significant burden when it goes on for decades.

Finally, it is a terrible experience to know, by body language, hints, and in some cases direct statements, that you are hated by your neighbours and co-workers, because of lies told about you.

For reasons as I've stated above, and many more, I say group stalking deserves to be treated as a giant red flag on society.

Eleanor White

Upvote 0

Crowns&Laurels

Jul 11, 2015
✟6,832.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Unlike single stalker stalking, group stalking groups don't ever stop. Individual stalkers may, but the group goes on, in most cases, for the life of the target. I've been group-stalked for 35 years, and a few targets I know have been stalked for about half a century.

In one case, the target, her mother, and her grandmother, have been stalked basically since after World War II. Vicious lies have been told, mainly that these ladies are all prostitutes and deserving of "everything they get." None of which has any truth in it at all.

Furthermore, experiences of some targets suggest that through-wall electronic technology may be in use, which by choosing an appropriate signal pulse rate, can cause sleep deprivation. An old medical device, the Lida machine (Korean War vintage) used a slowly pulsing signal to induce drugless sedation. An experimenter (now deceased) who documented the performance of the machine at the Loma Linda veterans hospital, told me that by increasing the pulse rate, the same machine could prevent sleep.

This 40-watt pulsing transmitter can easily work through walls and at next-door neighbour distances.

There are many reports more recently where pulsing radio devices like wifi,
smart meters, and cell towers may be responsible for complaints of sleep deprivation. These complaints report that after a smart meter, say, has been installed, the home's occupants have extreme difficulty sleeping.

I can't prove that through-wall electronic harassment is widespread, but many targets report sleep deprivation, especially involving being popped wide awake at specific times, precisely on the hour, typically.

I would also add that there are small-value but constant thefts and sabotage at home, on the job, and at work being reported by many targets. Entry is apparently by way of keys - usually a break-in is not involved.

The dollar value of any single theft or sabotage is well below where police can be called in, however, this becomes a significant burden when it goes on for decades.

Finally, it is a terrible experience to know, by body language, hints, and in some cases direct statements, that you are hated by your neighbours and co-workers, because of lies told about you.

For reasons as I've stated above, and many more, I say group stalking deserves to be treated as a giant red flag on society.

Eleanor White

That sounds a whole lot like terrorist stalking to me. Where do you live at where this is happening to you and several others you know? Are you sure there's not any paranoia involved?

Upvote 0

EleanorWhite

Jun 12, 2014
✟15,229.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
That sounds a whole lot like terrorist stalking to me. Where do you live at where this is happening to you and several others you know? Are you sure there's not any paranoia involved?

I've lived in 5 different places, widely scattered throughout Ontario, Canada during my 35 years as a target.

I've probably been in touch with a couple of thousand other targets over that time span, and they live in every industrialized country. I've met maybe half a dozen other targets, a couple of whom have spent time staying at my home.

Targets come from every walk of life, from folks in the lowest ranks of the work force to doctors, scientists, members of law enforcement, lawyers, engineers and other professionals. Every race is represented. Both genders are well represented; women may be slightly more likely to be targeted than men.

The experiences are strikingly similar, even though hardly any target knew another target before making contact through forums and blogs.

I don't think there is any chance I am being paranoid because of all the physical sabotage, at home, in the car, and at work over three+ decades. Plenty of time to sort out what is statistically probable and what isn't. Some of the sabotage was witnessed and non-target witnesses agreed the sabotage was not an accident.

I'm in my mid-70s, and I don't have a lot of physical stamina left after all the sleep deprivation, so I'm not going to attempt to "write a book" about this crime on a forum.

Group stalking targets get daily harassment. Non-targets may get similar things happening, but with far longer gaps of time between the incidents.

Stalking by groups is not something the average person wants to be a real crime - that may be why group stalking targets keep getting marginalized - decade in, decade out.

Eleanor White

Reactions: germo155
Upvote 0

TIJames

Nov 21, 2016
USA
✟7,612.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I just wanted to say that I am a targeted individual of many years now. It is apparent that, as somebody has mentioned, this is God's sovereign will. It's uncanny how people willfully deny that these things are true, however I understand not only the psychological reasons, but the spiritual. The sad thing is that even Christians themselves have taken to it. I have learned from the Spirit of Truth far more than I could say here, but I ask that you all do what is right. You have no idea how excited and zealous I was as a new born Christian to find and experience my brothers and sisters! Imagine how filled with sorrow I was to see even preachers using the pulpit to further a man-made agenda, feeding the flock with poison, deceived into helping institutionalize a new secret law and power, one without checks and balances.

Last edited:
Upvote 0