✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
* I'll bump this thread, rather than start a new one. *​

1) What is the specific process by which God made living things? For example, if they "breathed" life into clay (e.g. creation of Adam, how exactly does that process work? How does breath turn clay into a living thing?

2) What specific applications of creationism are there with respect to modern biology? In particular, how does creationism get applied to comparative genomics (in lieu of current applications of biological evolution)?

3) If creationism is true and evolution is false, why is nobody in the applied biosciences using creationism instead? Why aren't creationist organizations self-funded in that regard? Why do they still rely on donations and merchandising?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
1) What is the specific process by which God made living things? For example, if they "breathed" life into clay (e.g. creation of Adam, how exactly does that process work? How does breath turn clay into a living thing?

2) What specific applications of creationism are there with respect to modern biology? In particular, how does creationism get applied to comparative genomics (in lieu of current applications of biological evolution)?

3) If creationism is true and evolution is false, why is nobody in the applied biosciences using creationism instead? Why aren't creationist organizations self-funded in that regard? Why do they still rely on donations and merchandising?
1. Tough question. I don't know.

Genesis 2:7 And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

This ingredient, the "breath of life", is not described.

2. None that I know of. Science has nothing to do with creation, so there would be no scientific applications to follow.

3. Because creation is HISTORY, not SCIENCE.

Upvote 0

SelfSim

A non "-ist"
Jun 23, 2014
✟177,369.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
1. Tough question. I don't know.

Genesis 2:7 And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

This ingredient, the "breath of life", is not described.
SS#1: Are Creationists free to choose the scientific process and science's subsequent explanations, seeing as Genesis said nothing about that?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
SS#1: Are Creationists free to choose the scientific process and science's subsequent explanations, seeing as Genesis said nothing about that?
Nope.

The Creation Week was a series of one miracle after another, and had nothing to do with science whatsoever.

Upvote 0

SelfSim

A non "-ist"
Jun 23, 2014
✟177,369.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
SS#2: Why not? (ie: is there a Biblical 'not permitted' somewhere?)

AV1611VET said:
The Creation Week was a series of one miracle after another, and had nothing to do with science whatsoever.
Sure .. no problems.
Still can't see how any of that vetoes science's explanations and process .. when it provides no explanations of its own though.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
SS#2: Why not? (ie: is there a Biblical 'not permitted' somewhere?)
Let's put it this way:

There are no known scientific processes that contributed to the appearance of the universe, which mainly occurred ex nihilo.

In other words, the level of mass/energy started out at zero; then God raised it to its current level over a period of six days.

Upvote 0

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
2. None that I know of. Science has nothing to do with creation, so there would be no scientific applications to follow.

Then why make a dichotomy out of creationism and science?

That seems odd, especially if creationism has nothing to bring to the table in the first place.

3. Because creation is HISTORY, not SCIENCE.

You know that history *is* a science, yes?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟302,135.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Nope.

If it was all miracles, why does it looks exactly like what evolution would have done?

• Optimistic
Reactions: pitabread
Upvote 0

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
If it was all miracles, why does it looks exactly like what evolution would have done?

I've always wondered this too. Every time creationists try to apologize for the way things look in nature, they invariably fall back on the idea that the creator was bound by evolutionary constraints. It's really odd.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Then why make a dichotomy out of creationism and science?
The answer is in your question.

Dichotomy: a division or contrast between two things that are or are represented as being opposed or entirely different.

Creation: 1
Science: 0
pitabread said:
That seems odd, especially if creationism has nothing to bring to the table in the first place.
Just a clean slate.
pitabread said:
You know that history *is* a science, yes?
I suppose so.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Because we're on the inside looking out.

We're looking at the product of those miracles and building a house [of knowledge] ... on the sand, I might add.

• Agree
Reactions: jacks
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I've always wondered this too. Every time creationists try to apologize for the way things look in nature, they invariably fall back on the idea that the creator was bound by evolutionary constraints. It's really odd.
But you can't look at how the universe is configured now, and retcon it back to Genesis 1.

Things were a lot different back then.

That's like looking at a snowman that is half melted and thinking that's the way he's always been.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That doesn't answer my question.
I don't see why not.

We've acclimated ourselves to our surroundings by linking the past with the present; not to mention linking things together that was never linked in the first place.

Like DNA.

Reminds me of Douglas Adam's puddle analogy.

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟302,135.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I don't see why not.

We've acclimated ourselves to our surroundings by linking the past with the present; not to mention linking things together that was never linked in the first place.

Like DNA.

Reminds me of Douglas Adam's puddle analogy.

Yeah, this still doesn't explain why created life looks exactly the same as what we would expect to see if life had evolved. How can two entirely different methods both leave exactly the same evidence? You aren't explaining that, you are just resorting to quasi-mystical sounding hand waving.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟675,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Yes, too much linking... Science and Evolution just try to project backwards too far. If for no other reason, and with faith aside, the rock wall that all the unanswerable questions present for abiogenesis should make Creation and a Creator the most reasonable answer for our beginning.

• Agree
Reactions: AV1611VET
Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Yes, too much linking... Science and Evolution just try to project backwards too far. If for no other reason, and with faith aside, the rock wall that all the unanswerable questions present for abiogenesis should make Creation and a Creator the most reasonable answer for our beginning.
That is an argument from ignorance. It has not worked out well in the past. But I am glad to see that yo you accept the theory of evolution. You see you moved the goalposts all the way to abiogenesis and evolution does not depend upon that. All that evolution requires is the existence of life. It does not matter if it arose naturally, was planted by aliens, or miraculously poofed into existence. Once self reproducing single celled life existed evolution followed.

Upvote 0

SelfSim

A non "-ist"
Jun 23, 2014
✟177,369.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
... If for no other reason, and with faith aside, the rock wall that all the unanswerable questions present for abiogenesis should make Creation and a Creator the most reasonable answer for our beginning.
SS#3: Occams' Razor asserts that the simplest theory that agrees with data, leads to the best path of understanding .. where it does, then that is clearly the best theory. However, the act of Creation and the existence of a Creator, must be reasoned from miracles .. which cannot be understood.
Therefore, how does Creation become 'the most reasonable answer for our beginning .. with faith aside'?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yeah, this still doesn't explain why created life looks exactly the same ...
Actually it doesn't.

The created generation had no scars and was created not to die.

It's telomeres were not moving toward separation; not like they are today.

Again, you can't compare today with what existed back in 4004 BC.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.