• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Survivor: Redemption Island

Discussion in 'The Small Screen' started by snoochface, Jan 17, 2011.

1. JoshMM

JoshMM Newbie

+2
    Christian
    Married
    Phillip makes me physically cringe. I feel so bad for him because I know some wires have to be crossed up there, and at the same time I get annoyed. Really interested to hear the real scoop on this guy at the finale show.

Josh

2. AirPo

AirPo with a Touch of Grey

+7,101
    Atheist
    Married
    At this point I'm rooting for Philip. Just to see the look on Rob's face.:thumbsup:

3. walkingxshadow

walkingxshadow a poor player

+348
    Christian
    Single
    yeah as much i cant stand philip and his delusions of grandeur(he cant even say his tribes name!!!) i wouldnt mind if he won. or at least got further than rob. itd be a wierd twist. but i actually like rob this season. hes more laid back and in the background. he never took control he was given control. he didnt have to assume leadership they all just started deffering to him from the start. and hes a master manipulator on top of that. hes just an awesome player! although i do like what is left of zapetera as well...but who knows? itll be interesting to see what happens. i havent watched this weeks yet but i DVR'ed it. hope to get to it today.

my top three right now:
    rob matt and philip
    in no particular order.

4. snoochface

snoochface Meet the new boss -- same as the old boss.

+2,749
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    And the Pagonging is complete. Now they get to eat themselves. Hope Rob is the appetizer ;)

5. faith177

faith177 growing

+90
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Now its really going to get interesting!

6. walkingxshadow

+348
    Christian
    Single
    im kinda hoping they keep sending ppl to redemption island but dont send them home and then make them a new tribe again. and go back to tribal immunity.

7. AirPo

+7,101
    Atheist
    Married
    There are six players left, four on Redemption, and two on the jury. That's a good indication that there will be three finalists, and nine jurors.

Normally there'd be one episode to get down to five, and then the finale. But how are they going to resolve redemption? Isn't at least one player going back? It seems to me like there at least a few more weeks to go.

8. faith177

faith177 growing

+90
    Non-Denom
    Private
    I think it would be great to have three left in the game and put three from redemption back into the game

9. faith177

faith177 growing

+90
    Non-Denom
    Private
    I thought the family episode was a little boring, usually its a cry fest for me this time I hardly shed a tear, lol. I was really disappointed that he gave the prize to the 6 who most definatly will not do anything for him.

10. snoochface

+2,749
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    I agree faith, and I kind of thought it was a crappy decision for him to have to make. It would have sat better with me if the option to give the families to the tribe vs. redemptions both included Mike being able to see his mom too.

11. LWB

LWB Regular Member

+34
    Christian
    Single
    I've been avoiding this thread because we've been behind in Australia and I didn't want to see spoilers, but I think we've finally caught up.

I was really impressed with Mike's decision, not only because it was a very generous and sacrificial thing to do, but because the teaching of the Lord inspired him! I've been absolutely delighted at the Christian overtones of this series, thanks to the witness of Matt. He's even got Jeff Probst thinking about the Lord, comparing the 39 days of Survivor to the Lord's 40 day fast!

I also positively enjoy Phillip. He makes me laugh, and I particularly enjoyed Grant rolling his eyes at tribal council at Phillip's grandiose statements. Phillip revealed during the episode that he is just acting like that as a strategy to get to the end. How can anyone not admire him and the flavour he adds to the show? I think he is wonderful, and am always upset when really interesting characters get voted out almost immediately.

Next episode should be interesting with Andrea and Matt together again. I hope Matt can forgive her.

12. walkingxshadow

+348
    Christian
    Single
    i dont really think hes acting. if anythink i think hes legitimately crazy and just realized that hes been so flipping bonkers! i think hes just trying to play it off like thats been his plan the whole time.

13. snoochface

+2,749
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    I can't believe the finale is Sunday already. There are so many people still in play! I hope the Redemption returnee ruins Rob's plans :D

14. Savedsis

Savedsis Seasoned Salty Sista

+16,257
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Democrat
    Hi....glad to see this thread is still going strong.....

15. faith177

faith177 growing

+90
    Non-Denom
    Private
    I know I am already preparing for my survivor withdrawals :(

16. walkingxshadow

+348
    Christian
    Single
    i know me too! this has definitely been a memorable season.

17. snoochface

+2,749
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    I wonder if Rob will pull it off.... (I hope not.)

18. faith177

faith177 growing

+90
    Non-Denom
    Private
    This has been my very favorite season!

19. AirPo

+7,101
    Atheist
    Married
    I skipped most of the reunion show, I might watch it tonight. I just wasn't thrilled about the way they wrapped it up.

20. faith177

faith177 growing

+90
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Matty should have gotten the 100.000