• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

suppose Darwin deeply wrong

Discussion in 'Creationism' started by Sanzio, Jan 27, 2020.

1. Sanzio

Sanzio New Member

+0
    Brazil
    Non-Denom
    In Relationship
    suppose Darwin deeply wrong

that DOES NOT imply creationism!

what's the EVIDENCE for creationism?

a book's allegation is evidence?

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Monksailor

Monksailor Adopted child of God. Supporter

+410
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    If one has to put their faith in something, God through Jesus is much, much better than the ridiculous, illogical, improbable, non-repeatable idea of evolution, that requires a lot of faith. The THEORY of evolution defies science (2nd LAW of Thermal Dynamics) and ever since it has been repeatedly proven fallible the scientific method toward it has been abandoned.

Why do so many give that guy named Darwin the credit for their faith? It was a really a French Botanist who discovered and cataloged most, if not all, what the Darwin character did; OVER 200 YEARS EARLIER and published it in an encyclopedia.

3. LoG

LoG Veteran Supporter

+105
    Christian
    Single
    Even if by some miracle Darwin was correct, there would still need to be a creation of the first replicating cell to start it off. We exist so therefore creationism of some form is strongly implied.

4. SkyWriting

SkyWriting The Librarian Supporter

+6,511
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    Such a strong single post! Wow! Such energy!
    Stop back again someday!

5. coffee4u

coffee4u Well-Known Member

+989
    Australia
    Christian
    Married
    Darwin was deluded.

My evidence is the Bible.
    2 Timothy 3
    6 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17 so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

and welcome to CF :) lol.

6. MrsFoundit

MrsFoundit Well-Known Member

+194
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Married
    Darwin was just a scientific explorer, who observed some things. Those observations are extremely useful, for their purpose.

The problem is their purpose can never, ever, be extrapolated into an entire world view more trustworthy than one inspired by the Spirit.

John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."

7. Tom 1

Tom 1 Optimistic sceptic Supporter

+9,094
    Romania
    Christian
    Married
    Recently I have also begun to suspect that the old song beginning ‘the foot bone’s connected to the leg bone’ etc may not be entirely accurate.

8. Oscarr

Oscarr Senior Veteran Supporter

+8,513
    New Zealand
    Pentecostal
    Married
    The first two chapters of Genesis is the test to see whether people believe the Bible to be God's Word or not. If we don't believe that the first two chapters of Genesis is absolutely true, and is the way God says it happened, because He is the only eye witness to the events, then there is no basis for believing the rest of the Bible is God's inspired word to mankind.

There is no such thing as creation science. It is not science. It is a total miracle where God created everything out of nothing in six 24 hour days. If we believe that God inspired the Bible and it is His Word, then He has recorded what He knows about how the universe and our world was created. No one else knows at all, because no one was there to know.

So we have to take God's word for it, or not.

9. Tom 1

+9,094
    Romania
    Christian
    Married
    What you mean is there would be no basis for your belief, and that if anyone else who shares it, in the same way. Surprising as it may seem, not everyone who believes the bible to be ‘inspired’ believes the same thing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. Oscarr

+8,513
    New Zealand
    Pentecostal
    Married
    The important thing to me is that I fully believe the first two chapters of Genesis to be the true way that God created the universe out of nothing in six 24 hour days. It is very straightforward to me.

And because I believe those two chapters to be God's inspired record of creation, then the rest of the Bible is absolutely true for me, including the truth that Jesus died on the cross for my sin, and rose from the dead to give me eternal life.

If I didn't believe God's record of creation to be absolutely true, then how can I have any assurance that Jesus really did die on the cross for my sin, and that He rose from the dead? How could I confidently know that I am genuinely converted to Christ and therefore saved?

11. Tom 1

+9,094
    Romania
    Christian
    Married
    That’s what you believe - fine. What I am saying is that insisting your belief system is the only one clearly isn’t true.

12. Oscarr

+8,513
    New Zealand
    Pentecostal
    Married
    The God of the Bible has recorded very clearly what He knows about creation, and His plan of salvation for mankind.

If there are other explanations about how God formed the universe and our world, then they do not come from the God of the Bible, but from a God of people's imagination.

The truth recorded by the God of the Bible remains true whether you or I believe it or not.

13. Tom 1

+9,094
    Romania
    Christian
    Married
    When you, or anyone else, reads the bible, you are interpreting it. You are taking your interpretation to be identical to the intent of the writers. It is not possible for you to know that is true. Another alternative is to interpret it according to what can be learned about the writers of the bible and the cultural context they were writing in. This leads to a more objectively useful interpretation than ‘what someone thinks’ when they read it.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2020
  14. Oscarr

+8,513
    New Zealand
    Pentecostal
    Married
    Ahhh! The old chestnut. So if the first chapter of Genesis says that God created the universe in seven 24 hour days, then, in actual fact He is lying or is mistaken?

15. Tom 1

+9,094
    Romania
    Christian
    Married
    Well, for one thing, it doesn't say that. For another, God didn't 'write' the bible.

16. Oscarr

+8,513
    New Zealand
    Pentecostal
    Married
    So you don't believe in the God of the Bible then?

17. Tom 1

+9,094
    Romania
    Christian
    Married
    Come on, try something new.

18. coffee4u

coffee4u Well-Known Member

+989
    Australia
    Christian
    Married

2 Timothy 3:16-17
    16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17 so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

Hebrews 4:12
    12 For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

Matthew 24:35
    35 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.

19. Tom 1

+9,094
    Romania
    Christian
    Married
    Ok, so taking your literal approach, God has lungs and when he breathes, written copies of scripture come out?

20. Oscarr

+8,513
    New Zealand
    Pentecostal
    Married
    If you don't believe in the God of the Bible, then we are not in the same ball park for a useful discussion about anything to do with God or the Bible.