• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Support thread for ED/SI/etc ... come on in! *poss. trig* (4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyaShane

CUBs fan til I die!
Feb 21, 2007
Illinois - home of the CUBs!
✟18,805.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When life gets me down I go and buy 2 5 gallon buckets of icecream 2 1liter bottles of dr. peper and watch a funny movie.

Hi. Um, not to be a pain, but this is a forum for those struggling with ED/SI and related issues. Can you please take a minute and read through the forum rules before posting again? Not sure if you're new to this forum and if so it might help you understand what we're about here.
If you have something to say that's related to the forum topic, please feel free to add a post with that type of relevent content. Thanks for understanding! :wave:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Soulwings

A true original.
Apr 7, 2003
Northeastern USA.
✟25,389.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sora'sFoxycharm... PLEASE do not spam. And respect this board's rules also. If you want to go to a faster-paced website for "younger" members, try RecoverYourLife. I know that I - and probably others here too - don't want to read through pages of you spamming, trying to find meaningful posts. I don't want to be a pain either, but I can't help getting really annoyed by this type of behavior.

Upvote 0

katey

Lifes tough
Jan 20, 2006
Blackpool, England
✟16,887.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
it depends how you look at it, if i'm feeling okish and wanting helpish (hmm yeah) then its gna mess al my uni stuff up. the other side which is the side i'm on right now it will mess things up (wnt go to much coz it may major trigg) but it involves planned stuff. sorry. i dont think i want to be safe though :cry:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Soulwings

A true original.
Apr 7, 2003
Northeastern USA.
✟25,389.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Katey, please stay safe. If you can't reach out for your safety for yourself, think of all of the people who care about you and don't want to see you go downhill, and reach out for safety for them. :hug: It sucks recovering for other people, but I've learned that sometimes that's the only way to truly get on the path to recovery. :hug: Please. Hos may mess up uni, but it is for your benefit. You can always do uni again. (And I am permitted to say that, bc hos messed up my uni and I won't be graduating with my class. Heh.) And please... nix the plans, unless they are for recovery. You deserve health. Please don't drop it all and go further down than you already are.

Kerin :hug: Then I've got to think of something else to say. :p And what's under my name is true!

Upvote 0

katey

Lifes tough
Jan 20, 2006
Blackpool, England
✟16,887.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
i dont even have the strenght to to that April, theres nothing there. i've tried that before and yeh it does suck only doing it for other people. thats all i've ever doen, things for other people not me. and the plans arent for recovery :cry:

April, it isnt true:hug:

Upvote 0

Soulwings

A true original.
Apr 7, 2003
Northeastern USA.
✟25,389.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I figured out that the plans weren't for recovery. That's why I really don't want you acting on them.

Hang in there, beautiful. I can't say much more than that. You know what you need to do... I don't know if you are capable of doing it... but if you don't have the strength to reach for recovery and help, can you find the strength to not act on plans for tonight? Just make it through tonight. :hug:

Yes it is. :(

Upvote 0

katey

Lifes tough
Jan 20, 2006
Blackpool, England
✟16,887.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
:hug:what i say to you isnt going to change ho yhou feel about yourself......but i'm going to say it anyway. YOU ARE NOT UGLY AT ALL!!!! INSIDE OR OUTSIDE YOUR A CHILD OF GOD AND THAT MAKES YOU VERY VERY SPECIAL!!!!!!!!!! you are a fantastic friend your beautiful from the inside out! (think mr Pot and Mr Kettle are back again!!!)

i dont know how capable i am at all. i dont reach out that often people normally end up finding out a bit too late, i cant reach out because i dotn want too. it just feels like puting it off though, i know that might seem like a good thing to people but to me its not its just making me feel really uneasy because of how strong i'm feeling with it its just feeling like its only maybe putting it of for now but its going to happen :( does that make sense?

Upvote 0

Soulwings

A true original.
Apr 7, 2003
Northeastern USA.
✟25,389.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, it makes sense. But put it off for now. I know that we can be fantastic procrastinators!! so procrastinate on those "bad plans" some more. Even if it's just putting it off for tonight, that's a start. Please try. :hug: Don't think about it happening eventually - just think about not doing it tonight. That's all you need to focus on right now.

Yeah, I think we are back to Mr Pot and Mr Kettle. :p But thank you. :hug:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

katey

Lifes tough
Jan 20, 2006
Blackpool, England
✟16,887.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
thats all that in my head though 'if i dnt do it tonigt i'll do it tomorow' thats it and its so so loud :cry: i wish i could, i wish i could find a way that would get rid of it all without all this but its not there, it wont. thats all i can see. i just wanna hide maybe if i just sit on my bed and not move all night!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

Soulwings

A true original.
Apr 7, 2003
Northeastern USA.
✟25,389.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Make it through til tomorrow. Then procrastinate from tomorrow til tomorrow night. Then procrastinate from tomorrow night til the next morning, and keep on procrastinating lots and lots and lots. :hug: It really does work. Just make it through tonight. Focus on tonight. You can do it. :hug:

ARGHHH I want to cut. :( And saying that won't help anything, but... I really do want to. :cry:

Upvote 0

beckybooiloveu

Senior Veteran
Jan 12, 2006
Sunshine Coast
✟10,224.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
*HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGS* i am thinking and praying for you girls sooo much right now... i wish there was something i could do to help or to take away the pain... but i can say this, you are all beautiful beings bought into this world for a reason. A reason that may not be clear quite yet but there is one. And you are all strong girls, youhave struggled for a long time, but by getting through that you a have proved that you are strong enough to fight this. To fight all the bad thoughts, to fight the urges to act on the bad thoughts and to fight for a better way of life. I truly believe that you can all get through this, and with the help of all of us combined, we can do it together. "The strength of a team is each individual member... the strength of each member is the strength of the team..." We can beat this together girls, we can gain strength from one another and together we can become stronger.

I don't know if everything I just said sounds really silly but I mean every word I said. I have faith in you all.
*HUGS*

Upvote 0

Soulwings

A true original.
Apr 7, 2003
Northeastern USA.
✟25,389.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Bec, it made perfectly sense. And thank you. You're right... it's just that taking that all to heart, that we are strong enough to overcome, is a very hard thing to do. And I'm really not sure if I can do that now... I've come quite a ways from where I used to be, yes, but... I don't know if I'm ready to go much farther.

Katey, I'm glad that you procrastinated, huzzah. :) I didn't cut either... can't SI while I'm at home or my parents will "do something" and I don't want to risk finding out what that consequence might be - throwing me out? I don't think so... but like I said, I really don't want to risk it!! so I can't SI at all when I'm at home, which really sucks bc it helps curtail the SUI feelings.

:sigh:

How is everyone this morning?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.