Support for Trump impeachment rises as 59% say he pursued personal interests in Ukraine, poll finds

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Support for Trump impeachment rises as 59% say he pursued personal interests in Ukraine, poll finds

Support for the impeachment inquiry into President Donald Trump's dealings in Ukraine continue to grow, as does support for his removal from office, a Quinnipiac University poll released Wednesday found.

A 55% majority of registered voters said they approved of the inquiry, while 43% said they disapproved. A week ago, 51% of voters said they approved and 45% disapproved. Quinnipiac has found support for the inquiry to be in the low-50% range since it was announced at the end of September.

The poll found that slightly less than half of Americans support impeaching Trump and removing him from office, though support for such a move has been rising since the inquiry began.

Good.

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟374,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The Trump apologists here won't admit it, but Donald Trump is in trouble. Even he himself admitted he'll probably be impeached. Though impeachment is only an indictment. As of now, I don't see that the Senate has 67 votes to remove him from office. His ultimate fate lies in the hands of the Senate Republicans. Which is what I've said since he was elected. His most potent political enemy isn't the media or the Democrats. If he goes down, it will be the doing of his own party--the "Establishment" wing of the Republicans.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,928.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
The Trump apologists here won't admit it, but Donald Trump is in trouble. Even he himself admitted he'll probably be impeached. Though impeachment is only an indictment. As of now, I don't see that the Senate has 67 votes to remove him from office. His ultimate fate lies in the hands of the Senate Republicans.
I think GOP senators are in turn going to be closely watching the polling numbers. Now that it is getting close to Nixon-level numbers they might be motivated to try and save the party rather than Donald.

• Agree
Reactions: Go Braves
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I think GOP senators are in turn going to be closely watching the polling numbers. Now that it is getting close to Nixon-level numbers they might be motivated to try and save the party rather than Donald.

Especially once they realize that "President Pence" would be a much better face for the party...

Man, I so want him to have been the Deep State Mastermind...

Upvote 0

Kristopher Kolumbus

New World Explorer
Sep 17, 2019
TX
✟17,386.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

With Donald Trump as president, our economy has been revitalized and taken to unprecedented heights. You can read all about how Trump’s policies have greatly benefited the US economy here: Donald Trump's Economic Success | National Review

Glad to know you would rather see our president impeached than reap the benefits from his great economic policies. Do you really think it’s more important to hurt Trump over a silly issue than have prosperous economic growth?

Upvote 0

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟264,958.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
With Donald Trump as president, our economy has been revitalized and taken to unprecedented heights. You can read all about how Trump’s policies have greatly benefited the US economy here: Donald Trump's Economic Success | National Review

Glad to know you would rather see our president impeached than reap the benefits from his great economic policies. Do you really think it’s more important to hurt Trump over a silly issue than have prosperous economic growth?

Isn’t there some quote in the Bible about what good is it for a man if he gains the world but loses his soul? People have given up their morality and integrity to support Trump, how much money is that really worth?

Upvote 0

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟374,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

In the strict legal sense, none of that matters. Even if Donald Trump personally discovered a cure for every kind of cancer, if there’s reasonable cause to suggest that he broke federal election laws, then he can be impeached. It’s the Constitutional prerogative of the House. But it’s just an indictment. It doesn’t mean he’s guilty. That’s decided by a trial in the Senate. And just like any other criminal trial, whatever good or bad the defendant has done in the past is not an issue. The verdict should be based only on whether or not the evidence supports the current charge.

(Yeah, I know. The chances are jack squat that it ever happens that way. :wave:)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,928.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Yeah, who cares about laws and stuff when there's money to be made!

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
And honestly, the sooner the better for them. Doing it after the primaries would be pretty terrible optics.

But there's no telling how long a proper impeachment will take, and not a chance in Hades that Donald will pull a Nixon and save them the trouble...

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican

Lmbo. As with most things in his life, Donald inherited a prosperous economy. Many Republican economists have been against his foolhardy decisions seeing how they will cause long-term negative ramifications. Clearly there is now a manufacturing recessions going on. It's likely to spill over a bit into the service sector. The fall in manufacturing coincides almost exactly with the onset of Donald's trade war. The policy was flawed from the start, and now the results are coming to light. As the risk of an actual recession in the next 12 months rises to about 35% according to the New York Fed, most economic prognosticators see an annual GDP growth in 2020 of between 1 and 2 percent. He loves to brag about the low unemployment rate, but sits on his thumb and spins around saying wheeee in regards to wage stagnation.

It's ignorant to call the offenses being investigation in the impeachment inquiry a "silly issue."

Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
Yeah, who cares about laws and stuff when there's money to be made!
This is especially silly considering that, if Trump gets impeached, Pence will likely continue everything he was doing. Nothing will really change, at least policy wise, which is what you should actually care about.

And come to think of it, since it’s unlikely the Senate will convict him unless there’s a live confession of him telling Ukraine ‘investigate my political opponent so I can get elected or I won’t give you any money’ what are Republicans worried about? The impeachment won’t keep you from voting for him again, and you’ll ignore it, anyway. What’s the worry?

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

Not everybody is willing to take a bribe.

• Agree
Upvote 0