Superbowl Champ, Head Coach Doug Pederson Gives It Up?

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟92,302.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Philadelphia Eagles Head Coach, Doug Pederson.

Didn't ya love that man in his post game press interview?

The first words out of his mouth, were giving praise to Jesus Christ his Lord for the big win, as owner Jeff Lurie was standing close behind.

A Good Thing!

Last edited:
Reactions: redleghunter

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

The first words out of his mouth, was giving praise to Jesus Christ his Lord for the big win, as owner Jeff Lurie was standing close behind.

A Good Thing!
Yes I notice?. But can us religious guys embrace a man as our own.....whose salary is in the millions a year? This seems to be a big no-no on this site.

Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟92,302.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes I notice?. But can us religious guys embrace a man as our own.....whose salary is in the millions a year? This seems to be a big no-no on this site.
I think Bill Gates and his wife are classy people, putting untold Billions of $$$$$ towards childhood inocculation.

Can ya be rich and love Jesus, believe so.

However ya cant disregard scriptural truth regarding riches of this world, striving against spiritual wealth?

Is the ole Camel and Eye of a needle a true biblical story

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think Bill Gates and his wife are classy people, putting untold Billions of $$$$$ towards childhood inocculation.

Can ya be rich and love Jesus, believe so.

However ya cant disregard scriptural truth regarding riches of this world, striving against spiritual wealth?

I personally dont know how classy they are... I can only judge by outward appearances, which the bible seems to frown upon. I also choose not to judge a mans soul status based on riches of this world, lest i show by my very judgement just how important material riches are to me.

I did like hearing him give thanks to a power higher than himself......Made me smile.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

All the biblical stories are true. They do, however, lose their importance when they arent applied internally to ourselves and are, instead, pushed out unto others.

Upvote 0

AvilaSurfer

Site Supporter
May 14, 2015
NO
✟936,796.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

The first words out of his mouth, were giving praise to Jesus Christ his Lord for the big win, as owner Jeff Lurie was standing close behind.

A Good Thing!
So, yes it’s a very good thing. You posted, and immediately everything goes negative or sideways. Maybe it’s the forum.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The thing about the win that stood out to me more is how the backup replaced the "star" starter and potential league mvp......And won it all with mvp honors. The last became first....and who knows if the starter will ever get a chance again to do the same......I hope he does though.

• Agree
Reactions: Truth7t7
Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟92,302.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
ThFiles, ng about the win that stood out to me more is how the backup replaced the "star" starter and potential league mvp......And won it all with mvp honors. The last became first....and who knows if the starter will ever get a chance again to do the same......I hope he does though.
I agree 100%, and the sneak around the corner by QB Foles?

Classic, loved the look on Belichick's face.

Ole Brady tried the play earlier and failed, Pederson ran it back to New England's astonishment.

Does Foles have a starting position next year?

How would they hold that guy back?

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: RaymondG
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I agree 100%, and the sneak around the corner by QB Foles?

Classic, loved the look on Belichick's face.

Ole Brady tried the play earlier and failed, Pederson ran it back to New England's astonishment.

Does Foles have a starting position next year?

How would they hold that guy back?
I dont see how he could start on this current time......wentz was said to be the most exciting player in the league, and the projected MVP.....you have to let him start when he is ready. If foles is to start again.....it would have to be on a different team. But he already reached the top....if I were him, I would enjoy the safety and convenience of collecting millions while holding the clipboard on the sidelines for a few years.

Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟92,302.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I dont see how he could start on this current time......wentz was said to be the most exciting player in the league, and the projected MVP.....you have to let him start when he is ready. If foles is to start again.....it would have to be on a different team. But he already reached the top....if I were him, I would enjoy the safety and convenience of collecting millions while holding the clipboard on the sidelines for a few years.
He's signed for the 2018 season with Philadelphia, then a free agent?

Superbowl MVP on the resume $$$$$$$$$

• Agree
Reactions: RaymondG
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Does this mean Patriots fans should blame Jesus for the loss?
Huh.

The man worked hard to get the team to the Super Bowl. He was giving thanks to God for the common grace bounty he received.

Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist

This stock phrase has been repeated so many times after a victory that it has lost its meaning!

I would hope that the Super Bowl doesn't rank high on God's set of priorities, and would allow the game to be won or lost on its own merits - not by Divine intervention!

What you don't hear is any praise being directed God's way by participants after a loss!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

This stock phrase has been repeated so many times after a victory that it has lost its meaning!

I would hope that the Super Bowl doesn't rank high on God's set of priorities, and would allow the game to be won or lost on its own merits - not by Divine intervention!

What you don't hear is any praise being directed God's way by participants after a loss!
Why can't Christians just rejoice His children are praising Him for the works of their hands.

Giving God the Glory is why we were called, washed and set apart.

• Agree
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

A Good Thing!
There's more afoot with the Eagles many in the MSM ignored but local and Christian media picked up on.

From Breakpoint BreakPoint: Philadelphia’s Faith-Filled Football Champions - Break Point

In December, 2016, ESPN ran a story entitled “Members of the Eagles find common ground through spiritual devotion.” What was described by the article can be rightly called “revival.”

In October 2016, in a gathering whose video has gone viral, five Eagles players were baptized in the pool at their practice facility, while at least fifteen other players “prayed around them.” If you do the math, that’s at least forty percent of the team roster.

One of the players was defensive star linebacker Jordan Hicks. And one of the people doing the baptizing was tight end Trey Burton, whom Sports Illustratedcalled the game’s “most unlikely hero” for throwing a fourth-down touchdown pass… to the Eagles quarterback Nick Foles.

As ESPN told readers, “With the Eagles, you don’t have to look far to find players who point to faith as playing a primary role in their lives . . . There is Thursday Bible study at the facility, scripture text chains, and late-night prayer sessions at the team hotel the night before each game.”

And it’s not just the players. Head coach Doug Pederson, when asked how he felt about going from coaching high school football to winning a Super Bowl in just nine years, told NBC, “I can only give the praise to my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ for giving me this opportunity.”

Similarly, offensive coordinator Frank Reich, a former NFL quarterback, served as president of Reformed Theological Seminary in Charlotte, North Carolina between his playing career and returning to the NFL as a coach. After leading the Buffalo Bills to the greatest comeback in NFL history in 1993, he recited the words to the song “In Christ Alone” at the press conference.

And then, there are the quarterbacks: Carson Wentz and Super Bowl MVP Nick Foles. Wentz is not shy about sharing his faith with anyone who will listen, including on Twitter. Foles, who stepped in for Wentz after a season-ending injury, has said that he plans on becoming a pastor after his NFL career is over.

• Winner
Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟92,302.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married