Suing another Christian because of a fall. Should I do it or not?

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Just because they fell, they need to sue a family business for having a pothole? Ruin their lives with a suit? Just another American Suing to get something for nothing. Keep up the good work.
Because a business owner is supposed to maintain his property and is responsible for damages if someone is injured because of his negligence, And the OP has made it clear that he isn't trying to ruin anyone's life. He just wants his medical bills paid.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Found out today this business owner owns 4 major restaurants and been in business for 30 years. I'm only asking for my medical bill from the hospital paid which will most likely be 1500-2000 dollars.

Then by all means contact the business owner and tell him that you want your medical bills paid. If he refuses then sue. You are entirely within your rights.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
True, but that is between them and God. If we follow the ways of Christ, Christ will compensate us and he will deal with them in his way.
The truck driver who nit my car from behind and pushed me through a guardrail and down an embankment never stopped and the cops never caught him. Fortunately insurance covered everything but the deductible, but I was still out $500.

You know when RMS Titanic sank the survivors and the families of those killed filed claims totaling about $16 million. However, the White Star Line contested the claims, alleging that there was a clause within the passenger tickets which absolved them of liability. Additionally, they stated that circumstances leading to the accident were unforeseeable. Eventually, the plaintiffs and defendant settled for a total sum of only $664,000. This wasn’t a substantial amount of money given the fact that it was meant to be shared among all survivors and families of those killed in the disaster. So, where was the compensation?

Upvote 0

AlexDTX

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The truck driver who nit my car from behind and pushed me through a guardrail and down an embankment never stopped and the cops never caught him. Fortunately insurance covered everything but the deductible, but I was still out $500.

You know when RMS Titanic sank the survivors and the families of those killed filed claims totaling about $16 million. However, the White Star Line contested the claims, alleging that there was a clause within the passenger tickets which absolved them of liability. Additionally, they stated that circumstances leading to the accident were unforeseeable. Eventually, the plaintiffs and defendant settled for a total sum of only $664,000. This wasn’t a substantial amount of money given the fact that it was meant to be shared among all survivors and families of those killed in the disaster. So, where was the compensation?

God's justice is not limited to our lifetimes.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
God's justice is not limited to our lifetimes.
That doesn't pay the OP's medical bills.

Again, if the OP had said that he was going to sue for pain and suffering and punitive damages and he wanted to get millions out of the business owner I would tell him not to do it. However, all he OP wants is to have his medical bills paid. If the defendant isn't going to do that then there is nothing wrong with suing.

• Agree
Reactions: Radagast
Upvote 0

AlexDTX

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That doesn't pay the OP's medical bills.

Again, if the OP had said that he was going to sue for pain and suffering and punitive damages and he wanted to get millions out of the business owner I would tell him not to do it. However, all he OP wants is to have his medical bills paid. If the defendant isn't going to do that then there is nothing wrong with suing.
Then you don't seem to know how God operates. When we turn the other cheek, and let vengeance be the Lord's, God will provide the finances to pay the bills some other way. Those who seek the way of Christ will recognize how God makes the provision. But those who lean on the ways of the world are blind to the hand of God simply because they are not looking for God, but the world.

• Informative
Reactions: Johnboy60
Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Then you don't seem to know how God operates.

Don't tell me that I don't know how God operates.

When we turn the other cheek, and let vengeance be the Lord's, God will provide the finances to pay the bills some other way. Those who seek the way of Christ will recognize how God makes the provision. But those who lean on the ways of the world are blind to the hand of God simply because they are not looking for God, but the world.

But that doesn't always happen.

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
Livingston County, MI, US
✟199,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Never sued anyone before till now. I fall in a restaurant parking lot because of a pot hole filled with ice. Fall on my face and broke my nose and went too the hospital ER. The restaurant is being sold by real estate and is not being kept up on maintenance so the parking lot has many pot holes. They are selling the building and parking lot mainly for the land so the building will be torn down. Do I have too sue the owner's or the insurance company? Will I have too go to court? I just want my medical bill paid which will be 1500 or more dollars.

Thanks.

File a Police Report
Take Pictures
Contact a Lawyer to send them a letter for out of court settlement
File a claim with your insurance company, they will in turn do the law suit

In many areas there is free law which you can find out about at your library

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
Livingston County, MI, US
✟199,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
A Business is usually a corporation, thus a suit is not Christian on Christian.

1 Corinthians 6New King James Version (NKJV)

6 Dare any of you, having a matter against another, go to law before the unrighteous, and not before the saints? 2 Do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if the world will be judged by you, are you unworthy to judge the smallest matters? 3 Do you not know that we shall judge angels? How much more, things that pertain to this life? 4 If then you have judgments concerning things pertaining to this life, do you appoint those who are least esteemed by the church to judge? 5 I say this to your shame. Is it so, that there is not a wise man among you, not even one, who will be able to judge between his brethren? 6 But brother goes to law against brother, and that before unbelievers!

7 Now therefore, it is already an utter failure for you that you go to law against one another. Why do you not rather accept wrong? Why do you not rather let yourselves be cheated? 8 No, you yourselves do wrong and cheat, and you do these things to your brethren! 9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals,[a] nor sodomites, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God.

• Informative
Reactions: Johnboy60
Upvote 0