amie

Survivor
Mar 1, 2002
California
Visit site
✟7,688.00
Faith
Non-Denom
me too...I can't even count my stupid things...but I have to go work on some homework for one of my classes...I will share this really quickly though, when I was in college, we had a big trampoline in the backyard of our sorority house, one day I was out there jumping on it, doing flips, was in my own little world, not paying attention to the fact that I was on the edge of it, I did one last flip, flew forward and hit the wall....FACE PLANTED the wall...I had to explain to all of my proffessors, why I had stitches on my chin and 2 black eyes...and somehow "trampolining accident" did not seem sufficient enough...be back later!
Amie :angel:

Upvote 0

allieisme

I am ME
Apr 1, 2002
✟19,803.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
3dsmirk.gif

This is great..

One time, I got up early before to make some coffee, then I took a shower, so my coffee would be ready when I got out..I must have been so tired, I poured the water in, and put the grounds in, but forgot to put the coffee pot back in, coffee, oh wait water and coffee grounds EVERYWHERE. Oh I was so mad at myself! LOL

Allison

Upvote 0

lucypevensie

Not drinking the kool-aid
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2002
WI
✟1,777,202.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One morning I had just left for work. Our house was situated on a parkway, a narrow one-way road. Right in front of me on the parkway there was this garbage truck taking up all the room. There was no way around and they still had 3 houses to go (to collect the garbage). One of the collectors waved his arm indicating that I should go around the truck. I thought there is no way my car will go around that truck. Still he insisted that I go around. So I tried. I first bumped the curb, then bumped the back corner of the truck. Now, any SANE person would have backed up and waited. But was I sane??? (no). I proceeded onward! DA DA DAAAAH! I jumped the curb on my left and on my right my car SSSCRRRRAAAAAAAPED and SCREEEEECHED the whole length of the truck. The guys were just standing there with disbelieving looks on their faces. And I kicked myself everyday for a long time afterward for the damage I did to my car :( :sigh:.

Now that is dumb :sorry:

Upvote 0

solo66 man

Jan 18, 2002
San Jose Ca.
✟6,958.00
Originally posted by amie
me too...I can't even count my stupid things...but I have to go work on some homework for one of my classes...I will share this really quickly though, when I was in college, we had a big trampoline in the backyard of our sorority house, one day I was out there jumping on it, doing flips, was in my own little world, not paying attention to the fact that I was on the edge of it, I did one last flip, flew forward and hit the wall....FACE PLANTED the wall...I had to explain to all of my proffessors, why I had stitches on my chin and 2 black eyes...and somehow "trampolining accident" did not seem sufficient enough...be back later!
Amie :angel:
Ouch!

Upvote 0

Kristen

Blah Blah
Dec 24, 2001
California
Visit site
✟6,488.00
Faith
Christian
Ok I got another. I was living in Chino, California and the Night Stalker was loose. I was alone my dad was at work (he worked nights) I was watching the news as I was getting my pajamas on. The top story was about the Night Stalker. All of a sudden I heard a huge bang on our window in the den. I ran out of the house and kept running for about 8 blocks or more to my best friends house in my UNDERWEAR!!! LOL! My friend laughed so hard. I called my dad to tell him to come home because I was scared, he did. He went out to the backyard to investigate and found paw prints on the window. It was our dog scrathing on the window because he wanted in. :sorry:

Upvote 0

amie

Survivor
Mar 1, 2002
California
Visit site
✟7,688.00
Faith
Non-Denom
One time right after I had my daughter, one of my friends came over for lunch...he was in town celebrating a marriage (he is a priest) and I had not seen him in a while (we grew up together) well after lunch i made him some coffee and I went to put my daughter down for a nap...he helped himself to the "cream" that was in the refrigerator...when I came out, he commented that the coffee was so good, I then looked over and realized that he had poured my pumped breast milk into his coffee...I froze, wasn't sure what the approprate way to tell the priest that he was consuming my breast milk?!?! since he had pretty much finished the coffee, I opted to say nothing :p
he knows now though, and he laughs about it still...
Amie

Upvote 0

amie

Survivor
Mar 1, 2002
California
Visit site
✟7,688.00
Faith
Non-Denom
one time when I was in high school I thought someone was trying to break into my house while I was alone and the only thing I could find to protect myself was my brothers bow and arrow! it turned out to be a friend of mine playing a joke on me, but lucky for him I am horrible at archery!
Amie

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kristen

Blah Blah
Dec 24, 2001
California
Visit site
✟6,488.00
Faith
Christian
Originally posted by Amie
One time right after I had my daughter, one of my friends came over for lunch...he was in town celebrating a marriage (he is a priest) and I had not seen him in a while (we grew up together) well after lunch i made him some coffee and I went to put my daughter down for a nap...he helped himself to the "cream" that was in the refrigerator...when I came out, he commented that the coffee was so good, I then looked over and realized that he had poured my pumped breast milk into his coffee...I froze, wasn't sure what the approprate way to tell the priest that he was consuming my breast milk?!?! since he had pretty much finished the coffee, I opted to say nothing

LOL ROTFL!! :D

Upvote 0

Josiah

Super suction ears away!
Jan 20, 2002
Florida
Visit site
✟716.00
Speaking of trampolines...

We got the kids a tramploine one Christmas and I decided to show off a little. We had a pretty large family gathering and as they all stood watching us "kids" jump I decided to try a few flips. I started with front flips and they were VERY impressive. The Ooos and Ahhhs of my family still ring fresh in my ears (NOT!). Having built a more-than-sufficient level of confidence, I decided to try a back flip or two.

Everyone tried to stop me - I still remember their desparate pleas, "Noooo, you'll kill yourself", "KEN THIS IS STUPID, YOU'RE OUT OF SHAPE", "You'll poke your eye out!!" - but I was very confident. I assumed the position, jumped and landed on my head in the middle of the trampoline effectively bending myself in half at the chest. I remember seeing their upside-down faces filled with horror, shock, and looks of "I told you so".

Those of you who have ever taken a Biology course know that the little bone at the end of your sternum is called the Zyphoid Process. (We used to call it the Turtle Tail). I used to hear horror stories of Turtle Tails, under severe trauma, breaking off and slashing into the heart like a hot knife into butter (I'm not sure how accurate those stories are). Well, my "turtle tail" kind of sticks straight out from my chest now. I'm thinking of becoming a meteorologist because I'm now VERY accurate at predicting bad weather (anyone with arthritis should understand what I mean!)

Ouch...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Blynn

Jan 15, 2002
✟22,809.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
These stories are great! I don't think I have laughed this hard in a long time.

I have walked into the supermarket electronic door many times not knowing that it was not working. (A sign might be helpful) :D

I have another story.

When I was 9 my mom let me cook my first meal. I was so exicted. I had a meal of frozen fish sticks and corn and french fries planned. My mom left me alone to prepare the meal. I wanted to make her proud. When I went to put my fish sticks in the oven the oven door came off. It was the stupidest thing. My mom didn't let me cook again for a while. :o

Upvote 0