• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

struggling

kittypl

Jul 19, 2017
east coast
✟27,132.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
i am really struggling with my relationship situation.
my son's father is a "somewhat recovering" drug addict. he doesnt do heroin anymore but he manages to do that by distracting himself with marijuana and alcohol. when we first started hanging out he acted as if he was the luckiest guy in the world. when the baby came not so much. somewhere it just became about him and the baby and i was just necessary to keep things running.
i moved away from him (across the country) but now i am struggling because we still talk to each other.
i dont like talking to him but i do because i dont have anyone else.
i hate how i went from being the prettiest girl in the world to him to feeling like a used rag.
i hate this but i dont know what im supposed to do.

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,912.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Hi Kitty, Welcome to the Forum! It is the best place to be for Christians who will pray for you.

The most important relationship you can have is with the Lord,

John 3:16
16 “For this is how God loved the world: He gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.

17 God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him.

I will pray for you that you will come to receive Jesus and believe in him.

I pray for your son also, for him to come to know the wonderful shepherd who loves him so much.

May the Lord bless you with his presence today

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟78,425.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
my son's father is a "somewhat recovering" drug addict. he doesnt do heroin anymore but he manages to do that by distracting himself with marijuana and alcohol. when we first started hanging out he acted as if he was the luckiest guy in the world. when the baby came not so much. somewhere it just became about him and the baby and i was just necessary to keep things running.
i moved away from him (across the country) but now i am struggling because we still talk to each other.
i hate how i went from being the prettiest girl in the world to him to feeling like a used rag.
I kept chatting to someone once and continually going back to them because I had no one else. And every time I went back I sunk lower and lower. It's understandable you do feel drawn to chatting to him in your circumstances, but I hope and pray you find the strength to make a clean and complete break, cutting him off completely.
In my experience, bad relationships stay bad, they don't get better. And the longer you are in them the more dragged down you get.
Will be praying for you
God bless

• Prayers
Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Praying for you.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Kit Sigmon

May 18, 2016
USA
✟76,189.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
The Lord made you beautiful, He loves and values you.
He invites you to follow Him...I encourage you to do that
each day and raise your child in knowledge of Him and The
Word of God.

There's a big wide world around you...get connect to a Bible
teaching church that upholds God's Word.
Get connected in your community...even if it's something as
basic as joining a mornings out for moms/ or mom and me class...
open the phone directory or do an online search for churches
and for some group you can join and get to know others.

Attachments

• 12572942_10153861210779410_2239576864385092025_n.jpg
    12572942_10153861210779410_2239576864385092025_n.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 4
  • Prayers
Upvote 0

kittypl

Jul 19, 2017
east coast
✟27,132.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
i do have a relationship with Jesus and i pray every day.
i am trying to study the bible and really meditate on God's promises but it's hard lately i have been very negative. i am feeling very down dont really have any friends to support me. i believe God can help me but i am just feeling depressed.

• Prayers
Upvote 0