• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

struggling to pray because of fear and shame right now

• Thread starter vanillaflower300
  • Start date

emilie mayer

Jun 22, 2013
✟15,776.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Its normal to feel shame. I dont have bpd and i feel shame about stuff ive done. You have to press forward and pray anyway. God knows everything already. He wants us to know nothing we confess will make Him love us any less. God loves you no matter what. Talk to God like He is a friend because He is your best friend. He also wants to be the best father you ever have had. Its amazing how much we are loved. God does help. Praying for you to press forward through the shame :)

Upvote 0

doomsayer2

But in a good way...
Sep 7, 2013
Atlanta,Ga.
✟16,093.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
No one in Christ should feel shame,if they have at least made an attempt at repentance,which is basically trying to turn around and stop a certain behavour. No offense,but i really don't feel a Christian has a right to feel unforgiven,unless they have molested a child or something...or even "offended" one is some way as Christ put it. So you want to trade your sin for mine...hope you feel better now!

Upvote 0

doomsayer2

But in a good way...
Sep 7, 2013
Atlanta,Ga.
✟16,093.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
~BTW-wasn't being condescending,but actually the exact opposite. And no i'm not a molester,but some sins are just as bad,and 25 years doesn't do a whole lot to erase the guilt. The worst sin is one against another person,and when you can't even make amends for it.
Anyway be praying for you...(if i don't forget!)

Upvote 0

Willie T

St. Petersburg Vineyard
Oct 12, 2012
St. Petersburg, FL
✟68,979.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
~BTW-wasn't being condescending,but actually the exact opposite. And no i'm not a molester,but some sins are just as bad,and 25 years doesn't do a whole lot to erase the guilt. The worst sin is one against another person,and when you can't even make amends for it.
Anyway be praying for you...(if i don't forget!)
So, are you saying Jesus got it wrong? That there ARE sins too great for Him to handle for us?

I'm pretty sure Jesus didn't put conditions on forgiveness. The guilt and shame (and blame) are our own choices to harbor.

Upvote 0

doomsayer2

But in a good way...
Sep 7, 2013
Atlanta,Ga.
✟16,093.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
No,I pretty much agree that no sin is too great,except the "unforgiveable one". But blasphemy is hard to define so won't go into that. I think for me the hardest thing is simply not knowing how much damage i did to the person i "offended". I don't know where they are now,and sometimes feel God had wanted me to try to make amends. But the only time you should feel guilty is if you can make amends and refuse to do so,which doesn't seem to be the case with most Christians. Still,I wish God/Holy Spirit would simply give me that consolation/confirmation that it is ALL in the past now and nothing i can do now.
Think that would be a good prayer for anyone else struggling with this as well.

Upvote 0

Willie T

St. Petersburg Vineyard
Oct 12, 2012
St. Petersburg, FL
✟68,979.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No,I pretty much agree that no sin is too great,except the "unforgiveable one". But blasphemy is hard to define so won't go into that. I think for me the hardest thing is simply not knowing how much damage i did to the person i "offended". I don't know where they are now,and sometimes feel God had wanted me to try to make amends. But the only time you should feel guilty is if you can make amends and refuse to do so,which doesn't seem to be the case with most Christians. Still,I wish God/Holy Spirit would simply give me that consolation/confirmation that it is ALL in the past now and nothing i can do now.
Think that would be a good prayer for anyone else struggling with this as well.
Ya know, just reading some about the life and influence of Joyce Meyer would go a long way in helping in this area.

Sometimes we don't give God enough credit in being able to take anything we might have done, and turning it around for His complete glory.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Willie T

St. Petersburg Vineyard
Oct 12, 2012
St. Petersburg, FL
✟68,979.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
BTW, Jesus was warning the Pharisees about the infamous "unpardonable sin", not Christians. We might like to think we can commit that one, but it's impossible according to Jesus' own words.

Not saying we can't screw up the entire rest of our lives, and live the next umpteen years in absolute misery, but we can't make a liar out of Him, and jump on that unpardonable sin bandwagon.

Upvote 0

emilie mayer

Jun 22, 2013
✟15,776.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I committed adultery for 7 years, ive lied and sometimes still do tell little lies, ive gone through a phaze where i was gay for years but have learned its not my thing. Ive stolen in my life, ive had many doubt and fears ect. My list goes on. But i can tell you that im forgiven and so are you. Just talk to Jesus about it and let Him know you feel shame. There is nothing you can confess that will make God love you any less. God loves you more than you know. Shame is normal but let Jesus have control. Just talk to Jesus He knows all already and still wants you in a relationship with Him..... He loves us uncinditiinally.

Upvote 0