• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Struggle with inappropriate content addictions

wud11

Sep 8, 2019
Shanghai
✟16,030.00
Country
China
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Dear fellows,

I am a Christian in China, and I just became a Christian one year ago. Now I am in a church in Shanghai.

I used to be gay and tried many times (maybe ten times) real sex. I felt so down and then I encountered my brother who told the Good News to me. Then I believed.

Now I keep single and am trying to expect a girlfriend in the future, because God says a man should get married to a woman.

But I am also influenced by Demon cause I can't help to watch gay inappropriate content and touch to good-looking inappropriate content gay stars. I even like some dirty sex positions and behaviors. Once I controlled my self for two month, but recently I can't help to do it again. I think in deep I still want to have sex with man or I won't do that.

The only good thing is that I didn't have sex with man after I believed in God.

I looked through many web articles about how to control the intention.

Now I really need a mentor and always remind me of not doing wrong things.

Help me please.

I live in Shanghai, China. If you are a Christian in Shanghai, please let me know.

tdidymas

Aug 28, 2014
Houston, TX
✟163,485.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Dear fellows,

I am a Christian in China, and I just became a Christian one year ago. Now I am in a church in Shanghai.

I used to be gay and tried many times (maybe ten times) real sex. I felt so down and then I encountered my brother who told the Good News to me. Then I believed.

Now I keep single and am trying to expect a girlfriend in the future, because God says a man should get married to a woman.

But I am also influenced by Demon cause I can't help to watch gay inappropriate content and touch to good-looking inappropriate content gay stars. I even like some dirty sex positions and behaviors. Once I controlled my self for two month, but recently I can't help to do it again. I think in deep I still want to have sex with man or I won't do that.

The only good thing is that I didn't have sex with man after I believed in God.

I looked through many web articles about how to control the intention.

Now I really need a mentor and always remind me of not doing wrong things.

Help me please.

I live in Shanghai, China. If you are a Christian in Shanghai, please let me know.

Sorry to hear about your struggle, but you're not alone. Many of us have various struggles, and sex/inappropriate content can certainly be an addiction. I used to be addicted to inappropriate content, but overcame it through devotion to Christ and the help of others. It takes time and you need a long term vision for holiness, and be in the Christian life 100%.

I went through a program called Celebrate Recovery (find the website on google), which was a great help to me. The program helps to discover the root cause of the issue, which is psychological. Most of all, there is accountability with other Christians who struggle with the same issues, and there is no judgment in the process. I live in the U.S. and don't know if CR is available in China. But at least it's a possible resource for you. I recommend being open about your issue to your pastor, and try to form your own recovery group. Helping others also helps you.

Dear Lord, please help wud11 to be the overcomer he desires to be, in Jesus' name.
TD:)

Upvote 0

Qustodio

Nov 7, 2019
Rome
✟15,201.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
To stop access to inappropriate content, you must download Qustodio free parental control software on your PC. It prohibits access to inappropriate content. When you set it up, you must use a very complicated password for the software that you can never remember.
The account however has a password reset option which is linked to an email account you provide. That means you must longer have access to the email account after you have installed the software, otherwise later on you will you will recover the Qustodio password from that email account and disable the software.
The best way is to use an email account specifically created for this purpose. After you have installed the Qustodio, go back and delete the email account. If you follow these steps you can never watch inappropriate content on your PC again.

For mobile phones it is different. There you must download SPIN safe browser onto your phone. Unlike all the others like Chrome, Explorer and so on, you can't access inappropriate content on that browser.
The next step is to download AppBlock onto your phone. This app allows you to permanently block access to any apps on your phone that provide internet web access. AppBlock requires an access pin if you want to make changes to the settings. So if you have a friend you can be open with, you get them to choose the pin and then you'll never have access to it.
Otherwise you have to find a way to confuse yourself so that you get that pin in there and afterwards don't remember it. If you follow these steps, you won't be able to access inappropriate content on your phone.

Upvote 0