Minnesota
✟7,227.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
So late in November 1982 around Thanksgiving being religious but not knowing Christ as I I attended a small Christian School called Abundant Life Christian School in Junction City KS, I meet a than young man Jerry Skinner at Calvary Baptist Church. The nerve of this guy who told me, I was a sinner who needed Jesus Christ, I made a false confession of faith knowing within myself I was just as good as anybody.
For the next four months I study the Bible to find proof I was good enough, and even though I willfully ignore obvious verses of my need for Christ Jesus. The Spirit spoke to me, through the one sin that just was so obvious to me. So April 1 1983 I call to the Father. It is not a sin I have ever been proud of but always knew something was wrong with me because of this sin. So you can see how low I really am in my own eyes I will even tell this sin which lead me to asked the Father to saved me from myself with the Precious Blood of Christ, I Peter 1:18-19, Hebrews 13:20-21. The sin which help me to ask for the Blood of Jesus but now so easily cripples my walk with God is inappropriate content. inappropriate content has brought to my own eyes how low i am. At least before I came to Christ and my first 3 years with Christ I had hope with the opposite sex on and off dating. But ever since then i am so low only way is to look for this wicked sin for pleasure as instead of a major dude when it comes to women I happen to be will just take the e off dude. Writing this as shortly will be going to work, and my plans later will be to find this pleasure wicked as it maybe. How does the Holy Spirit work in the life of a believer who so easily gives up to this lowly sin, Ephesians 2:10? How am i not one of bad seeds of Mark 8:6-7; 13-14?

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Look for the escape route. It is there. Go over this verse when temped, and then look for the escape. It is there. Been there, as have most. It is common to men.
1 Corinthians 10:13 KJV
13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

He is faithful when we are not. He will provide a way out. And this:

1 John 2:1-2 KJV
1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

This is a life long struggle. It will continue til the day you die. You will have failures. You can come back, and He is waiting for you.

Reactions: 65James
Upvote 0

65James

Feb 18, 2024
Minnesota
✟7,227.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Thank you Saved, you make great points but even after reading your comments, I did kinda ignore them because of the pass when I practice the I Corinthians 10:12-13 thing just to be totally confound. But because of a strange problem which started at work causing me to come home early no strength to carry though. Won’t mention it by name but if you know much about MLB a player with the Kansas City Royals, George Brett has(d) this same affliction and it made him the but(t) of everyone jokes.
But read on the internet a 50 year woman who suffered just as I do with her singleness, no misery does not enjoyed company. But like her I feel my relationship with God is in a no win situation. Because if somehow as she said God gave her a mate can she be given her years back or as single women who especially desired to have children this will be very much unlikely. So I guess we both will died miserable old people who were stupid enough to trust God.
Lonely
Old
Single
Eternally
Rejected
Yes as many married people say many of SINgle probably idolize marriage,, but when God says no to something He, Himself calls good at least in my case the idol grows stronger.

Upvote 0

Joseph G

Saved by the grace of Jesus Christ
Dec 22, 2023
Austin
✟26,913.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thank you Saved, you make great points but even after reading your comments, I did kinda ignore them because of the pass when I practice the I Corinthians 10:12-13 thing just to be totally confound. But because of a strange problem which started at work causing me to come home early no strength to carry though. Won’t mention it by name but if you know much about MLB a player with the Kansas City Royals, George Brett has(d) this same affliction and it made him the but(t) of everyone jokes.
But read on the internet a 50 year woman who suffered just as I do with her singleness, no misery does not enjoyed company. But like her I feel my relationship with God is in a no win situation. Because if somehow as she said God gave her a mate can she be given her years back or as single women who especially desired to have children this will be very much unlikely. So I guess we both will died miserable old people who were stupid enough to trust God.
Lonely
Old
Single
Eternally
Rejected
Yes as many married people say many of SINgle probably idolize marriage,, but when God says no to something He, Himself calls good at least in my case the idol grows stronger.

I have two friends who are still single and in their 60's (not to bum you out further). It is looking pretty certain that they will both die "miserable old people who were stupid enough to trust God". I don't think so though, because maybe their perspective is based on something less temporal:

Hebrews 11:13-16 NIV

"All these people were still living by faith when they died. They did not receive the things promised; they only saw them and welcomed them from a distance, admitting that they were foreigners and strangers on earth. People who say such things show that they are looking for a country of their own. If they had been thinking of the country they had left, they would have had opportunity to return. Instead, they were longing for a better country—a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has prepared a city for them."

"Lonely, old, single" - yeah probably. Me too! Though it's not so lonely with His fellowship and Christian friends to edify and be edified by here and 'out there'. And the lost to reach out to.

"Eternally rejected" - NO WAY!

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And most all the world, or most of the world population, never ever seek the truth, the way out, nor repent - nor turn to the Creator, to live right, nor to learn how to live right.
As I walk this earth, it grieves my soul greatly that so many are deceived in the darkness. It is my most frequent prayer that God show them the light and open their eyes to the truth of the Gospel.

Upvote 0