US
✟90,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Got in a heated argument in lab with an instructor over her exam and her comments about my absence while I was sick from pregnancy and attended a funeral for my SO grandmother. I apologized to her after but I don't feel like it did anything. She said apology accepted but I still feel like we don't like each other I have a D in the class right now and I'm really not having luck fixing things. I only have two tests left and a few lab grades. It's a for profit college (yes accredited) so if I fail set back a whole 6 months cause they only offer it in semester per year. And there is nowhere else to take it and no other teachers. I'm only 6 months from graduation.... I'm really starting to hate rhw program just because of how I'm treated. If u leave for any reason they won't let you come back without paying every single loan first. I feel really frustrated. I received my degree at a regular uni and struggle so much at this school in comparison. I'm really not sure what to do anymore.

• Prayers
Reactions: Go Braves

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Well for now, pray ceaselessly. Live, eat and breathe that class the best you can until it's finished. Put as much of your concentration on it that you can when you're not having to do other work. Do your absolute best, then you can't regret the outcome.

Then once you're done with this class, I'd say run like the dickens away from that college. For-profit colleges are vultures. Community colleges, trade schools, state colleges, all have better reputations with employers than for-profit colleges.

Upvote 0

God saves

Feb 11, 2019
China
✟44,440.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Got in a heated argument in lab with an instructor over her exam and her comments about my absence while I was sick from pregnancy and attended a funeral for my SO grandmother. I apologized to her after but I don't feel like it did anything. She said apology accepted but I still feel like we don't like each other I have a D in the class right now and I'm really not having luck fixing things. I only have two tests left and a few lab grades. It's a for profit college (yes accredited) so if I fail set back a whole 6 months cause they only offer it in semester per year. And there is nowhere else to take it and no other teachers. I'm only 6 months from graduation.... I'm really starting to hate rhw program just because of how I'm treated. If u leave for any reason they won't let you come back without paying every single loan first. I feel really frustrated. I received my degree at a regular uni and struggle so much at this school in comparison. I'm really not sure what to do anymore.

I'm sorry to hear how you were treated.

You don't need to apologize for an absence that had a legitimate reason. If you are treated in a discriminatory or illegal way, you can report that to the chair of the department and/or to the office of equity or diversity if there is one.

If health, financial and/or other circumstances make you unable to safely complete this class at this time, you may be able to take an incomplete for the class, and/or request a partial or full withdrawal or leave of absence from your courses.

I understand that your professor had handled your absence inappropriately and insensitively, and that this could possibly make some people more hesitant to approach her. However, if you have questions about the class such as class material, you may be able to go to her office hours. If there are tutoring resources at your university, you can also make use of them.

If you want to talk with someone about this or other life situations, maybe you might want to look into counseling or similar services at your university.

Upvote 0