Straw man

Do beliefs make things better or worse for society?

• Yes

• No

• I don't know

Results are only viewable after voting.

Call me Nic

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2017
✟481,735.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Both.

One's belief leads them to seek to have unconditional love for their neighbor, and in turn this leads them to deeds done in good will toward others.

Another's belief leads them to have hatred for their neighbor, which in turn leads to the act of sinning against another person.

It is our job to center our beliefs around what God says, because from him all good things come. The Father sent Christ to die on the cross and rise again so that he could redeem mankind, which is corrupted and in need of a Savior; this was done out of good will and pure love for his creation. Therefore, our belief in God's word helps us to understand those things which are the ultimate good for both our lives and the lives of others around us.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

NeverL0ved

Oct 20, 2019
Brisbane, QLD
✟21,254.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
AU-Labor
Both.

One's belief leads them to seek to have unconditional love for their neighbor, and in turn this leads them to deeds done in good will toward others.

Another's belief leads them to have hatred for their neighbor, which in turn leads to the act of sinning against another person.

It is our job to center our beliefs around what God says, because from him all good things come. The Father sent Christ to die on the cross and rise again so that he could redeem mankind, which is corrupted and in need of a Savior; this was done out of good will and pure love for his creation. Therefore, our belief in God's word helps us to understand those things which are the ultimate good for both our lives and the lives of others around us.
Love? Isn't that another belief system?

Upvote 0

Clizby WampusCat

Jul 8, 2019
Texas
✟109,913.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
What do you mean by belief? There is no thing as 100% certainty. Everything we think is true is a belief. We should hold a belief when we have a level of confidence that the belief is true based on the claim. Believing in a God and believing in gravity are both beliefs but one is grounded in overwhelming evidence and the other has insufficient evidence for belief in my opinion.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Other scholars got to me before you did!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,134,167.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It only takes one assumption to establish a belief system, and another one to follow it.

Establishing some premise for the sake of belief will depend on the subject matter and on whom you choose to listen to: whether Descartes OR Pascal OR ... some other Joker! :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If I believe what you say, will that help me or hinder me?
IMO if you believe me, it will help.
But others would say if you believe what I say it would hinder you.

Upvote 0