Pennsylvania
✟15,434.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I want to start by saying I have the utmost respect for my son's privacy and I would never intentionally violate it. That said, I accidentally stumbled upon this bizarre video on his phone when I had mistaken it for my own. I have no idea what this is or why my son would have a video like this, not to mention how he would acquire it. When I asked him about the video in a very casual and non-threatening tone, all of a sudden it was like I was speaking to a completely different person. He grew incredibly defensive out of nowhere and not only raised his voice at me, but he cursed. This has never happened before. Daniel and I are more open with each other than any father and son either of us knows, and I know he isn't into drugs or anything. I know he isn't just mad at me for looking at his phone because he's often lent me his when mine was out of batteries (and vice versa). At first I thought the video was something harmless and merely strange but judging from Daniel's outlandish and unprecedented behavior I think there is something much darker going on. Please watch the video and see for yourself. Any suggestions as to what it might be and/or why he reacted this way would be greatly appreciated. Feel free to ask any clarifying questions. I am a bit flustered and may not have covered all the relevant information.

Last edited:

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,933.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I might have reacted similar to your son.
xR1nUJm9Uee3u.gif

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,933.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Sorry about the broken link. Try this one:

Yes I'm sure it's not about my looking at his phone. Like I said, we borrow each others' phones quite frequently. I brought it up out of curiosity in a completely non-accusatory tone.

It looks like a ball lightning.

Upvote 0

JAM2b

Sep 20, 2014
✟93,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
The video itself does not seem that strange to me. I watch similar things on Youtube, debunking or speculating about odd things that are caught on video, or manipulated by the one taking the video.

His reaction is probably just because he is a teenager. They are changing into adults and are hormonal. This makes them act out of character sometimes. Unless there are signs of him making bad choices or having friends who would have a bad influence, I would let it go.

Upvote 0
May 16, 2017
Stephentown
✟17,326.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I am also a teen and I don't think he hid this video because it's bad.
I think a lot of teens hide things from there parents because they think it is cringy and there parents will laugh or something along those lines.

I always close what ever music videos I am listening to whenever my parents walk in, I don't know why, I just do, they are not inappropriate or anything, I just feel really weird when they look at it, they might say: ohhh whose that girl on there? Or something cringy like that.

There might be some reason to be conserned though. I admit, I do watch some inappropriate stuff on YouTube. If you are logged in when you go to the home page it will show suggestions based on what you have been watching.
If one of my parents picked up my iPad or looked at my computer and YouTube was open I would get a little nurvose.

Upvote 0

danstribe

Mar 30, 2013
✟24,205.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sorry about the broken link. Try this one:

Yes I'm sure it's not about my looking at his phone. Like I said, we borrow each others' phones quite frequently. I brought it up out of curiosity in a completely non-accusatory tone.
It doesn't look like anything really, too blurry. All I can think of is maybe he made the video? Just sit him down and ask him what it is and why would he get so upset with you? Don't let his anger and reaction intimidate you which is why he acted like that. Always remember and be vigilant in raising your children because even though they may not have been involved in drugs before it only takes one day to start. I have a friend who has a beautiful daughter and in just a few months he had to put her in rehab it happened so fast.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums