• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Strange obsession

Zoleee

So do not fear, for I am with you Isaiah 41:10
Jul 23, 2014
Hungary
✟19,945.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Hi everyone.

I have religious OCD and I have a strange obsession which is like "if there is something bad in a thing, then the whole thing is bad." For example I like playing little games on my smartphone, but I keep deleting all games and keep searching for new ones because I see a bad number/sign/etc in the games, and I am afraid I am sinning.

How can I overcome this?

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There is no such thing as a bad number or sign. A number or a letter is nothing more than a symbol we use to convey thoughts. In and of themselves they are without meaning and powerless... it is us who give them power. Recently I was in a store and the amount came out to $6.66. The woman at the cash register wanted to add a penny and I told her no because the mark of the beast is not the value of a box of 4 AA batteries and a water. :) We make things bigger than they are... here is another example...

full

In the above picture what do you see? Evil? But what if you learned that the above is Michelangelo's Moses? It is... the horns are actually there to depict light shining on his face. Remember when he stands before God, comes down shining? Michelangelo wanted to capture that but on single color marble how can you? What he did was a pun... in Hebrew the word for light ray and horn (they are similarly shaped) is qaran... by putting horns on Moses he was depicting light rays. What seems evil is actually beautiful. We make innocuous things into much more than they are... and we need to simply walk away from that kind of thinking.

Upvote 0