Apr 7, 2012
Homer Georgia
Visit site
✟308,557.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The saints go to be with the Lord when they die until the resurrection. Even if you're a soul-sleeper, take it as synecdoche and don't derail the thread.

Even if I accepted your premise, it's a simple matter. He didn't choose them.

Upvote 0

Butch5

Site Supporter
Apr 7, 2012
Homer Georgia
Visit site
✟308,557.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I take it you are a soul sleeper, and don't understand synecdoche.

You'll have to tell me how you define soul as I've seen multiple definitions in these threads. What do you mean by "sleep"? According to the Scriptures when one dies he is dead. He remains that way until the resurrection. So, yes, I understand synecdoche, but, I don't see going to be with the Lord at death in the Scriptures either.

Upvote 0

Epiphoskei

Senior Veteran
Jul 7, 2007
✟25,557.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
"when one dies he is dead" is basically the soul-sleeper's version of "all means all." Yes, the dead are dead. But since death doesn't mean oblivion until the resurrection, this doesn't get you anywhere.

Take it as synecdoche for the Resurrection then.

Upvote 0

Butch5

Site Supporter
Apr 7, 2012
Homer Georgia
Visit site
✟308,557.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"when one dies he is dead" is basically the soul-sleeper's version of "all means all." Yes, the dead are dead. But since death doesn't mean oblivion until the resurrection, this doesn't get you anywhere.

That is why I asked for your definition the terms. Would I be correct is believing that you believe in some sort of conscious existence after death and before the resurrection?

Take it as synecdoche for the Resurrection then.

Or the Kingdom of God. The answer then would be that He didn't choose them.

Upvote 0

Epiphoskei

Senior Veteran
Jul 7, 2007
✟25,557.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
That is why I asked for your definition the terms. Would I be correct is believing that you believe in some sort of conscious existence after death and before the resurrection?
Yes, but that's completely off topic.

The answer then would be that He didn't choose them.
More properly, that's not something God did, so the answer is nothing. But Synergists keep saying we say something other than nothing in other threads, so it's important we get people on record explaining what they imagine Calvinists teach.

Upvote 0

Butch5

Site Supporter
Apr 7, 2012
Homer Georgia
Visit site
✟308,557.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Which goes to my point that the questions is irrelevant.

More properly, that's not something God did, so the answer is nothing. But Synergists keep saying we say something other than nothing in other threads, so it's important we get people on record explaining what they imagine Calvinists teach.

Not so, not choosing someone is an act also, unless you want to say God had no knowledge of them.

Upvote 0

Butch5

Site Supporter
Apr 7, 2012
Homer Georgia
Visit site
✟308,557.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

What Calvinists teach? I guess that would depend on which one you asked. I've seen Calvinist's both affirm and deny what Calvin taught. I suspect it's like most things people take what they like and leave the rest.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Epiphoskei

Senior Veteran
Jul 7, 2007
✟25,557.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
A simple non-existence is nothing but the negation of an existence and all its properties. It's true that if A∈B, C can still ∈B where C is a different thing from A, but the simple rejection of the premise A only relates to B in that something which is a member of set B is not happening.

It perhaps would have been better to write that choosing is an act, therefore if one doesn't choose, and doesn't do anything else, one is not acting.

Upvote 0

Butch5

Site Supporter
Apr 7, 2012
Homer Georgia
Visit site
✟308,557.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A simple non-existence is nothing but the negation of an existence and all its properties. It's true that if A∈B, C can still ∈B where C is a different thing from A, but the simple rejection of the premise A only relates to B in that something which is a member of set B is not happening.

It perhaps would have been better to write that choosing is an act, therefore if one doesn't choose, and doesn't do anything else, one is not acting.

Lol, sometimes the extreme you guys go to gets me. Rather than just admit the obvious you guys are determined to protect those doctrines.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums