florida
✟40,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
It's bad enough looking into one at home. But forget-about-it in a store. Why do we look our worst in them?

Tonight I popped in the grocery store to get some lottery tickets and made the mistake of looking in a hand mirror on the way by. I knew better. Why do I torment myself? Anyway, I saw this old bag. She coulda past for an old man. :( I didn't realize I was that far gone. My mirrors at home say something different. I mean, they are a little more merciful. But even they can be cruel.

I just had to share this. I'm sorry if I ruined anybody's holiday week-end. I mean, those who are also afflicted with reflectiphobia. :(

paulnoel

Grace and peace be yours in abundance!!!
Apr 5, 2005
Cambridge UK
✟10,032.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Married
miggles said:
It's bad enough looking into one at home. But forget-about-it in a store. Why do we look our worst in them?

Tonight I popped in the grocery store to get some lottery tickets and made the mistake of looking in a hand mirror on the way by. I knew better. Why do I torment myself? Anyway, I saw this old bag. She coulda past for an old man. :( I didn't realize I was that far gone. My mirrors at home say something different. I mean, they are a little more merciful. But even they can be cruel.

I just had to share this. I'm sorry if I ruined anybody's holiday week-end. I mean, those who are also afflicted with reflectiphobia. :(

Miggles beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and as you belong to the Lord then that makes you the most beautyful person there could be.

PSALM 45 v 11 says this..The King is enthralled by your beauty;;)

Upvote 0

Theresasjourney

Be Still And Know That He Is God!
Jul 22, 2005
Wisconsin
✟29,731.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have never heard of 'reflectiphobia'. Can you tell me abou it?
I'm sorry you are struggling with it...;o/
I do know we are our own worst critics when it comes to our looks...I try and just keep focused on what God maybe sees in me..my heart and love for Him and that I am covered by His blood..and oh so beautiful to Him..as His child.
Here and caring...

Upvote 0

MotherOfPromise

Jan 8, 2005
The South
✟26,336.00
Faith
Baptist
Politics
US-Republican
miggles said:

Now come on ladies isn't there a few of you who are just a little concerned about the image you see in the mirror at this age? Yes, deep down we know that the inside is the part that really matters, and yes we know that we are beautiful in God's eyes. But deep down don't you just wish that the reflection looked a little more like it did 25 or 30 years ago? Just like we wish that the world was a kinder place like it was 25 or 30 years ago...a time when the world wasn't such an angry place. Yes, I know we aren't to to be obsessed with living in the past in any respect. God has a plan and purpose for us right now. Aging is one of the unchangables of life and we must accept it, and even embrace it if we can, but I admit that the desire to go back a few years is sometimes there. I'd like to admit that I have suffered from "reflectophobia" a few times also, and yes, I've noticed that the mirrors at home treat me a little kinder. What do you suppose they do to the mirrors in the stores? We love the ones in the restrooms at church, because they cast such a soft glow. I think it must be the color of the bulbs that are used,
Since I can't afford a plastic surgeon, and liposuction scares me, I'll just have to go and wash my face, and comb my hair, put on a little make up, glance at the mirror, give a little sigh, thank God anyway, and go on with my day. ;)

Upvote 0

Theresasjourney

Be Still And Know That He Is God!
Jul 22, 2005
Wisconsin
✟29,731.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
MotherOfPromise said:
Now come on ladies isn't there a few of you who are just a little concerned about the image you see in the mirror at this age? Yes, deep down we know that the inside is the part that really matters, and yes we know that we are beautiful in God's eyes. But deep down don't you just wish that the reflection looked a little more like it did 25 or 30 years ago? Just like we wish that the world was a kinder place like it was 25 or 30 years ago...a time when the world wasn't such an angry place. Yes, I know we aren't to to be obsessed with living in the past in any respect. God has a plan and purpose for us right now. Aging is one of the unchangables of life and we must accept it, and even embrace it if we can, but I admit that the desire to go back a few years is sometimes there. I'd like to admit that I have suffered from "reflectophobia" a few times also, and yes, I've noticed that the mirrors at home treat me a little kinder. What do you suppose they do to the mirrors in the stores? We love the ones in the restrooms at church, because they cast such a soft glow. I think it must be the color of the bulbs that are used,
Since I can't afford a plastic surgeon, and liposuction scares me, I'll just have to go and wash my face, and comb my hair, put on a little make up, glance at the mirror, give a little sigh, thank God anyway, and go on with my day. ;)
aha....crack me up...
lets see...
drooping chest...tummy from having kids...age spots I hate..getting thin alligator skin....oh and those veins in my legs...ugh!
So Theresa does a two second look in mirror to brush hair and marches on...

Upvote 0

Wildwood

Jun 11, 2005
✟1,023.00
Faith
Baptist
Politics
US-Republican
The worst is trying on a swim suit in a dressing room with a three-way mirror! It's been 10 years since I bought one, and that will probably be my last!

When my mom was in her early 60s she had me make her an old fashioned, bloomer girl swimsuit. The bloomers went to her knees and the dress part had a gathered skirt and sleeves, just like you see in the movies.

Now I know why. I wore it as a costume a few times, but now I think it will be my swimsuit if I ever go swimming again.

Upvote 0

keeptrying

Save a Life....Spay and Neuter!
Jun 4, 2005
North Carolina
✟7,775.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
miggles said:

Well, I am not afraid to admit I have suffered with reflectiphobia all my life. I look at pictures of myself when I was younger and think what was I worried about? I looked good. Now I look at myself and imagine what I will look like in another 10 years and hey! I look good.:D :D :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.