Arizona
✟66,649.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Weren't making money last year? Your broker should refund your fees, then.
I recommend switching to Robin Hood. No fees.

My ROI since I started investing in January is 10.35%. I'm aiming for 15% by the end of this year.

• Haha
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Why does my auto mechanic, plumber, and pool boy credit Obama?

Because they are commie Hillary supporters that wanted to overthrow the Constitution, outlaw Christianity and enslave Christians in work camps, and generally destroy the America that Trump is making Great Again?

Upvote 0

morningstar2651

Senior Veteran
Dec 6, 2004
Arizona
✟66,649.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Why do the ones I know in business and our stock broker -- give all credit to Trump? I'll stick with them -- they are making me money.
M-Bob
Can you point to any specific bills that Trump has signed that would decrease unemployment or increase stock prices?

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Presidents have a limited effect on the overall economy. Wars, commodities, natural disasters/extreme weather events are mostly involved.

Every economist is anticipating a downturn or correction as this run up market is going to end at some point as all others have. If it holds off another two or three years Trump will be toast when it happens.

Upvote 0

Phil 1:21

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
except trump had nothing to do with this...he's still working with obama's economy.

thanks obama!

Politics aside, there is some truth to that. Economies are quick to crash but slow to gain. Based on the candidates running in 2008, Obama was definitely the right choice for the future of our economy. McCain's channeling of his inner Herbert Hoover was a terrifying prospect. He simply didn't get it.

That notwithstanding, the stock market is a leading indicator, not a lagging one. Meaning, it is a reflection of what people think the future will hold, not necessarily where they are today. The fact that the market rose under Obama speaks to the positive outlook of his economic policies. The fact that it continues to grow under Trump indicates optimistic opinions about his.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,465.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Because they are commie Hillary supporters that wanted to overthrow the Constitution, outlaw Christianity and enslave Christians in work camps, and generally destroy the America that Trump is making Great Again?

Well the pool boy and the plumber I'll grant you. The mechanic, however, is Amish so he is not very into persecution.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
You know, whenever low unemployment numbers were touted during Obama's presidency, many conservatives (as well as President Donald himself) poo-pooed those numbers as fake... claiming that they didn't give an accurate account of who was actually working...

Had Donald changed the way the nation calculates unemployment, or has he simply stopped complaining, leading his followers to conclude that there never was a problem?

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
My mechanic is Amish too.

xnhrie.jpg

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
You know, whenever low unemployment numbers were touted during Obama's presidency, many conservatives (as well as President Donald himself) poo-pooed those numbers as fake... claiming that they didn't give an accurate account of who was actually working...

Had Donald changed the way the nation calculates unemployment, or has he simply stopped complaining, leading his followers to conclude that there never was a problem?

Worse. He's stopped complaining leading his followers to conclude that it isn't a problem now but it was prior to January 20th for mystical reasons.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Worse. He's stopped complaining leading his followers to conclude that it isn't a problem now but it was prior to January 20th for mystical reasons.

No, no, no... If Donald doesn't say it now, it was never true.

Oceania is at war with Eurasia. Oceania has always been at war with Eurasia.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,206,887.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Why do the ones I know in business and our stock broker -- give all credit to Trump? I'll stick with them -- they are making me money.
M-Bob

Anecdotes don't count as facts...anyone can shop around for a person with specific credentials who espouses the views they agree with.

I could go out now and find people with economics degrees from both sides of the fence.

As far as small/medium sized business owners go, they very much let their political biases bleed through when assessing these situations.

Upvote 0

Thursday

Jan 12, 2016
Texas
✟49,429.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
153,513,000: Record Number of Americans Employed in July

Congratulations Mr. Trump another promise being kept.

This is the result of companies no longer looking to leave the country as they have been during the previous administration.

That's what happens when you cut regulations and let Americans get to work!

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Trump administration has withdrawn or delayed 860 proposed regulations in its first five months, the beginnings of a regulatory overhaul meant to bolster economic growth.

Federal agencies have withdrawn 469 proposed regulations compared to a fall 2016 report when Barack Obama was president, according to figures from the White House budget office. This includes 19 regulations with an economic impact of $100 million or more. Another 391 regulations have been delayed for further evaluation and consideration.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟821,156.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
  • Agree
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
153,513,000: Record Number of Americans Employed in July

Congratulations Mr. Trump another promise being kept.

This is the result of companies no longer looking to leave the country as they have been during the previous administration.
Two words for you, Dodd Frank. As far as the latest cycle in the financial markets, I feel a bubble is about to bust. But that's ok, they can always blame the previous administration.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,928.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Pull backs are normal and that would be considered a very very slight pull back.

Someone should do a consensus of how many stockbrokers want Trump out I think the numbers would be very very very low.

M-Bob

Upvote 0