Zech1210

Apr 16, 2014
✟15,776.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Not only Steven Furtick, but it seems like some of those at Relevant have no interest in sharing the gospel with someone who is most certainly lost. This sort of stuff breaks my heart!

"...If we love Jesus and care about lost people, this should bother us. It should bother us that someone could walk away from these exchanges and think of themselves as being right with God. It should bother us that someone who is suppose to be shepherding a congregation is unable to have the backbone to share the truth with someone who is dead in their sins. If we care for the soul of Charlamagne, we should be righteously angry that he is being handed counterfeit money in both of these exchanges. He has been given a bill of goods worth nothing. To have a relationship with his god, and not the one true God, is to be lost. Nobody likes to be in uncomfortable situations, but I don’t read anywhere in Scripture where Jesus or the apostles let a person walk away thinking themselves justified, all the while they are in rebellion. It is sad that we have to hope that Mr. Furtick and the interviewer from Relevant are simply ignorant, but I believe the real answer lies in their cowardice. Just imagine if a patient came to a doctor and believed himself to be healthy, when in fact he was riddled with cancer, and the doctor, not wanting to offend him, told him he was fine. Now imagine that the doctor actually has the cure and doesn’t do everything in his power to convince the patient of his need for it! Forget being a bad doctor, that is an evil doctor and he should lose his license to practice.

At the very least, Furtick is communicating to his congregation that the way that we share the gospel is to shrink back when it comes to sharing the truth of the exclusivity of Christ. That if they really want to share the gospel, we tell someone that leading a show (that is far too repulsive to mention any specifics to his congregation) is the very calling of God on his life. If we read the interview done by Relevant, and then go back to listen to a few of the videos uploaded by The Breakfast Club on their YouTube channel, one could only surmise that Relevant believes that treating women as mere sex objects and demeaning your guests is simply commonplace for the believer.

As Jesus spoke of the scribes and Pharisees, these men hinder others from coming to the kingdom of God. “But woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites, because you shut off the kingdom of heaven from people; for you do not enter in yourselves, nor do you allow those who are entering to go in” (Matthew 23:13). In Luke 17:1-3, Jesus warned of those who would place stumbling blocks before those who would come to Christ, and calls us to call them to repentance! What greater stumbling block could there be than a pastor and leading Christian magazine seemingly calling you a brother if you are not one? I ask you to pray for someone to really sit down with this man and share with him the gospel of Jesus Christ. Not for their magazine, not for their YouTube channel, but that someone would legitimately sit down with him and have a legitimate conversation about our need for Jesus and that outside of Him there is no salvation. I pray that if he is truly seeking Him, he will find Him and God will use him in a powerful way!"

Did Steven Furtick And Relevant Magazine Keep Charlamagne From The Kingdom of God? | Good Fight Ministries

• Agree
Reactions: Heavenhome