Washington
✟686,813.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
You just never thought this day would ever come given all the odds he defied. Let us all pray for this man that if there is a God he will have mercy on this man and his unbelief in the one and only savior and allow him into the holy kingdom through grace alone.

Agreed

Upvote 0

LovebirdsFlying

My husband drew this cartoon of me.
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Aug 13, 2007
Washington (the state)
✟841,475.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You are completely right. I am not God and I don't know where he is. My point wasn't to make a judgement on his life, I was actually trying to make a judgment on my life. But instead I made a judgement on his soul. I am hoping and praying that there is Mercy. It is not my intention to say that anybody is going to hell. But only God can make that judgement.

I didn't think you, yourself, were making a judgment. My post was only reiterating what I thought you were saying.

I was just now thinking that perhaps the world is a bit more upset over Mr. Hawking's passing than about Billy Graham's. But then that makes sense. I can guess (not affirm for certain, because I'm not God, and I don't know) that Mr. Graham is now in a happier place. Mr. Hawking, I'm not so sure about. So of course, his death would be more upsetting.

Upvote 0

2Timothy2:15

Mar 28, 2016
CA
✟78,248.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Theoretical physicist Stephen Hawking has died at 76

Stephen Hawking now knows that God is real. I am sadden for his soul. He made a statement that said because of gravity the earth can and will create itself. He was pretty sure God was not real. Well, now he knows the truth.

I am not a moral person, so I have no right to take a moral high ground. I know the truth and I continue to sin. If I die my punishment will be worse then his. For Paul said that it would be better for a non-believer to never hear the truth then for a believer to hear the truth and continue to sin.

Not sure which is sadder, Stephen having all this so called knowledge but never coming to truth. Or the fact you know you are in rebellion but will not repent. Just repent brother and let the Lord restore you. Praying.

Upvote 0

Introverted1293

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟686,813.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I didn't think you, yourself, were making a judgment. My post was only reiterating what I thought you were saying.

I was just now thinking that perhaps the world is a bit more upset over Mr. Hawking's passing than about Billy Graham's. But then that makes sense. I can guess (not affirm for certain, because I'm not God, and I don't know) that Mr. Graham is now in a happier place. Mr. Hawking, I'm not so sure about. So of course, his death would be more upsetting.

I understand. Thank you very much for clarifying that.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Wow! What unbelievable and sad news. I part way thought the guy could live forever.

This is a man who lived far longer than any doctor ever thought he could as he overcame his odds and has accomplished more for science and theoretical physics and helped expand human scientific and philosophical understanding than just about any other single person in modern times.

He was truly a remarkable human being and I think he would have preferred we celebrate his incredible life of achievements than mourn his passing. I think if you sit there and debate whether he was truly saved or not you'd miss the unbelievable life he actually lived.

RIP Dr. Hawking. Your contributions to humanity cannot be ignored.

-The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.

Upvote 0

Introverted1293

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟686,813.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Wow! What unbelievable and sad news. I part way thought the guy could live forever.

This is a man who lived far longer than any doctor ever thought he could as he overcame his odds and has accomplished more for science and theoretical physics and helped expand human scientific and philosophical understanding than just about any other single person in modern times.

He was truly a remarkable human being and I think he would have preferred we celebrate his incredible life of achievements than mourn his passing. I think if you sit there and debate whether he was truly saved or not you'd miss the unbelievable life he actually lived.

RIP Dr. Hawking. Your contributions to humanity cannot be ignored.

-The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.

Man, I am such an ignorant person. I didn't realize how much he accomplished. Now I feel really bad.

• Friendly
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Man, I am such an ignorant person. I didn't realize how much he accomplished. Now I feel really bad.
Don't beat yourself up over it. Take this as a moment to learn about the legacy of science he left behind for all future generations. The fact he was a prominent public figure for so many decades despite his condition shows just how much he loved to share his understanding and personality with the world. I'm not trying to put him on any kind of pedestal but I don't want his atheism to be the only thing people think about him now that he's passed. It simply misses that he was so much more than that.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Don't feel so bad . We can't take any of our accomplishments with us to the grave. One thing is for certain...we all at some point assume room temperature (die).

Someone or quite a few will pick up his scientific works and drive on .

Upvote 0

The Rowan

Lutheran (Pietist) Methodist (Moravian)
Mar 13, 2018
Northumbria
✟8,790.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
UK-Labour
I hope and pray, for his sake, that he experiences the love of God, and the awesome power of the universe he was so passionate about. Though I may not have agreed with his views, I would not wish such an eminent and intelligent mind to be separated from the love and presence of God.

He may not have lived a perfect life, but then who of us can say we have?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I am really sorry for upsetting you. I was using his death to make a judgment on my own life but I in turn made a judgement on whether he was truly saved or not. That was not my intention but I understand how it sounded. I really don't know where he is, only God does.

Yes, Hawking’s death really should be all about you....:doh:

Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Yeah you're making it all about you too.

Hmmm...in my short sentence, I don’t mention myself once. In your carping reference, you use “I” or “my” 7 times....think...

• Agree
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Introverted1293

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟686,813.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Hmmm...in my short sentence, I don’t mention myself once. In your carping reference, you use “I” or “my” 7 times....think...

Just because you don't mention yourself you're still make it All About You by taking this moral High Ground that you put yourself on. Now I have just blocked you so please go away

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,720.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Just because you don't mention yourself you're still make it All About You by taking this moral High Ground that you put yourself on. Now I have just blocked you so please go away
Why should he go away after you have blocked him?

Also, quite sad. Nobody is immortal, but few people can claim to have done so much with their time as Hawking did.

• Agree
Reactions: Allandavid
Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

Which moral high ground would that be...?

I express my sorrow over the loss of a great mind. YOU chase him into the grave with veiled threats over his lack of belief...and then use it as an opportunity to wail about your own shortcomings...

Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Why should he go away after you have blocked him?

Also, quite sad. Nobody is immortal, but few people can claim to have done so much with their time as Hawking did.

Indeed. One only has to look at the list of awards that follow his name. And this from a person that was horribly physically disabled for much of his life.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.