Stephen A. Smith Condemns Democrat Use Of Lawfare Against Trump In Fiery Monologue

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Smith — a noted critic of Trump who has long backed Democrat and left-wing causes — conceded that Trump made a “salient point” in reference to the lawfare tactics deployed against him.

It's chilling how people from the left have weaponized the justice system to persecute those with different political beliefs.

• Agree
Reactions: Vambram

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,091,275.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Tax fraud, sexual molestation, election interference, inciting insurrection, etc. are not "political beliefs "
If those are "political beliefs" I guess I should just forget about filing my tax returns and head to the bar for some debauchery. Lawlessness will prevail if 91 felonies are just political beliefs.

• Winner
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Oh, are we back to caring what people in the media think?
Only when they are from a person with a particular political bent and then says something that supports a cause from the other side. In this case, Smith has seen the light and has crossed over. Even in sports circles, Smith is considered a loud mouth. Smith's continued political rhetoric in the world of sports will only lead to ESPN eventually dismissing him.

Reactions: iluvatar5150
Upvote 0

The IbanezerScrooge

I can't believe what I'm hearing...
Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟244,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Prosecuting criminals is an appropriate use of "lawfare." Trump is a criminal. He is being prosecuted, not persecuted.

Upvote 0

The IbanezerScrooge

I can't believe what I'm hearing...
Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟244,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
It's chilling how people from the left have weaponized the justice system to persecute those with different political beliefs.
And no it isn't. Don't feign concern where we all know the right has none. Even if this framing were accurate, which it isn't, at the first opportunity the right will use every legal, and illegal, tool available to them to persecute the "weak" and "other", take away rights and force its ideology on everyone. We've already seen it. When the time comes again you'll hail it as necessary and righteous.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Smith — a noted critic of Trump who has long backed Democrat and left-wing causes — conceded that Trump made a “salient point” in reference to the lawfare tactics deployed against him.

Donald J Trump has been a practitioner of lawfare throughout his entire adult life, so he's hoisted on his own petard.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
And no it isn't. Don't feign concern where we all know the right has none. Even if this framing were accurate, which it isn't, at the first opportunity the right will use every legal, and illegal, tool available to them to persecute the "weak" and "other", take away rights and force its ideology on everyone. We've already seen it. When the time comes again you'll hail it as necessary and righteous.

The long running chants of "lock her up" put lie to TrumpFans' supposed concerns about "lawfare," which is one of the more blatantly hypocritical whinings coming out of that crowd. It'd be easy to write them off as crazy uncle types if there weren't so many of them bought into this nonsense.

Upvote 0