Feb 6, 2005
✟13,630.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Say you fell in love with someone and were going to get married.... you were engaged when you learned that s/he had an incurable STD or HIV. What would you do? Marriage is for sickness and in health, but would you risk your life/health if you knew ahead of time of the problem?

white dove

(she's a) maniac
Jan 23, 2004
Out there, livin'
✟49,357.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Say you fell in love with someone and were going to get married.... you were engaged when you learned that s/he had an incurable STD or HIV. What would you do? Marriage is for sickness and in health, but would you risk your life/health if you knew ahead of time of the problem?

There are no words for how I would feel... and only God knows what I would do.

Upvote 0

soccerdad66

Veteran
Apr 4, 2007
Washington
✟13,574.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Well, STD and HIV as you use them are two different things.

HIV can/will lead to AIDS, which is life threatening. Most STDs are treatable, and while HSV isn't curable it's not life threatening. HPV can lead to cervical cancer if you let it run it's course.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Inkachu

Bursting with fruit flavor!
Jan 31, 2008
Somewhere between Rivendell and Rohan
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If they waited until we were ENGAGED to tell me this...I'd feel betrayed and lied to, and I'd dump them.

If they told me up front (not on the 1st date necessarily, but before we got too serious), and I felt God's will was for me to be with that person, I'd marry them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BoarderDave

SoCal Beachaholic
Jan 16, 2007
Southern California!
Visit site
✟27,633.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yeah.. I'd be pretty mad that I had gotten so far in love, getting married and all that jazz before they told me.. however, I've been in love (to the point that next place was to be planning on popping the question) and I know that if she had told me that she had something like that.. I still would've gone through with it. No doubt.

Love is greater than anything. Even disease - curable or not. :|

True love is true love.. regardless of "strings attached."

Upvote 0

Tink

our God is faithful. ♥
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2004
Texas
✟56,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
If they waited until we were ENGAGED to tell me this...I'd feel betrayed and lied to, and I'd dump them.

If they told me up front (not on the 1st date necessarily, but before we got too serious), and I felt God's will was for me to be with that person, I'd marry them.

What if the person didn't actually find out until you were engaged?

Upvote 0

ido

Adios
May 7, 2007
✟56,288.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
Yeah.. I'd be pretty mad that I had gotten so far in love, getting married and all that jazz before they told me.. however, I've been in love (to the point that next place was to be planning on popping the question) and I know that if she had told me that she had something like that.. I still would've gone through with it. No doubt.

Love is greater than anything. Even disease - curable or not. :|

True love is true love.. regardless of "strings attached."

True love wouldn't keep a secret that would have such a huge impact on the relationship. Trust me, I learned that lesson by living it - my ex told plenty of lies/kept lots of secrets and they all eventually came out after we were married. I wouldn't have married him if I would have known the things that I found out later on - and for good reason, obviously, since I'm divorced now b/c of who he really is.

That's slightly different, but not much. If they knew they had a past that could put them at risk for having an STD or HIV, then I would hope they would tell me about it when things turned serious in the relationship and would be tested to make sure they're clean.

Upvote 0

Inkachu

Bursting with fruit flavor!
Jan 31, 2008
Somewhere between Rivendell and Rohan
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Then I would stay with them. My issue is someone hiding such a serious, life-impacting secret from me for all the months/years we're dating and engaged.

Upvote 0