• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Staying off the weed

Status
Not open for further replies.

stelow

Legend
Sep 16, 2005
HEAVEN!!!
✟49,649.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Hello ShyLady, thanks for the replies. I am starting Day 11 of my sobriety; the first week was really hard, withdrawl symtoms are alot worse than people lead you to believe. This is after 36 years of smoking this stuff almost daily. I've had enough and I am commited to staying free from the addiction.

Thanks tapero, I was returning to do the edit myself; I am thinking a bit clearer now.:thumbsup: Oh yea, it's day 16.

Upvote 0

wefdm21

Dec 13, 2006
✟7,617.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am so proud of all of you who are trying to beat this. God bless all of you. I know that it must be hard. I didn't mention before that when my husband and I first started dating we used to smoke it together, and I know first hand how demotivating this stuff can be once it's in your system. I can't imagine using for years and years. It wasn't until we had our children that I just gave it up. It was easy for me to do once they were around. I also spent alot of time finding God during that time. I just don't know what will motivate my husband to at least try. I know that if he could just make it for 30 days I would be so proud of him. I would say the longest he has ever stopped was 3 days and it probably wasn't even that long because I would always catch him trying to sneak and do it. But for now I don't know what to do next. Right now his behaivor is similar to someone with Bipolar Disorder. I couldn't even get him out of bed to go over to his family's house for Christmas Eve dinner, he was so depressed. Then the next minute he's either hyper and extra silly or enraged and screaming at everyone. Our finances are almost completely down the drain. I just got a new job and I'm not even that excited because I know that the more money that goes into our account the more he withdrawls. It's like he goes on a binge. Meanwhile bills aren't getting paid. If I want to pay them I get yelled at. I'm so disappointed in my self for being so weak to let someone manipulate me this way for so long. But anyway, I pray that all of you will never have to go through this and that you will continue to get better and to grow.

Upvote 0

stelow

Legend
Sep 16, 2005
HEAVEN!!!
✟49,649.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Thanks for the kind words, tapero and wefdm21. wefdm21, your husband sounds allot like I was in my marriage; she left me after 29 years. I sure hope you can figure out what to do before it goes on for to much longer. Just letting you know I was one that did go through it, but I was the one being the deadbeat.

Upvote 0

stelow

Legend
Sep 16, 2005
HEAVEN!!!
✟49,649.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
On a positive note, it's been 25 days clean now. I want to tell you marijuana has more of an addiction potential than most people would want you to believe. I am still going through withdrawl symtoms, it's been really hard but I will not give up the fight.:thumbsup: The first week is the hardest but the second week was hard too and the third well it's not always in your face as much but sometimes it is still almost overwhelming. Believe me, I have had plenty physical withdrawl symtoms besides the mental.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jerry ralph

Oct 14, 2004
mountain grove missouri
Visit site
✟8,687.00
Faith
Christian
I praise God that you are doing well in your recovery. By taking it one day at a time and turning our life over to the care of God we can do all sorts of things that we considered difficult at one time. I just want to encourage you.

I called you a pot head. I want to apologize if I have offended you....May you be blessed abundantly and prosper in all ways By God through faith in Jesus Christ and the finished work of the cross....... My days are numbered posting on this forum, and I want to encourage you. My posts to you are being ......Jerry Ralph

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
A

AngelDove1

that is soooooooooooo super!
1 day at time :thumbsup:

YouRock.jpg

yourock.gif

Thanks Buttermilk and rocklife starting day 59 clean.

Reactions: stelow
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.