Nyköping
✟6,144.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I think alot of Christians are jumping the gun and we know from scripture how that can end up. How do we fulfill this commandment? Doesn't this entail finding God's original Church? Also doesn't New Jerusalem have 12 gates? As in 12 apostles, who pass down their authority through the Apostolic Succession?

Benjamin Müller

May 19, 2018
Western New York
✟43,598.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I apologize. What are Christians jumping the gun at? Can you elaborate; I'm not sure what the context of your post is related to. Can you kindly link me to a former thread if this is an extension of that?

Yes, we need to find God's true church. It's written that the gates of hell will not come against it! (my paraphrase may be off, I apologize for that) but it is also identified as a small flock.

New Jerusalem, as I understand it, is still 1000+ years in the future.

Upvote 0

jonojim1337

Oct 20, 2023
Nyköping
✟6,144.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I apologize. What are Christians jumping the gun at? Can you elaborate; I'm not sure what the context of your post is related to. Can you kindly link me to a former thread if this is an extension of that?

Yes, we need to find God's true church. It's written that the gates of hell will not come against it! (my paraphrase may be off, I apologize for that) but it is also identified as a small flock.

New Jerusalem, as I understand it, is still 1000+ years in the future.
So you're saying the ability to wash ones robes so as to enter the city and take part of the tree of life, will only be available after Judgement? If I recall correctly, the jewish form of wedding has a part where the bridegroom meets the bride then goes away for a while to meet her again at the wedding. So the wedding will be at Judgement or his second coming, but the Bride is being prepared now.

Upvote 0