Statistics reveal police shoot and kill twice as many white suspects as African American suspects

agapelove

May 1, 2020
San Diego
✟50,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I think you may have missed my point. It wasn't about numbers. It's about character. Being poor is not an excuse for bad character. Just cause I he poor are more likely to be involved in crime doesn't mean it's an excuse. Poor people can have good character. Being poor isn't an excuse for bad character.
Of course it's not an excuse. But if being poor has some effect on one's character, then we need to address it. And if certain communities are kept poor by design, then that's an even bigger issue we need to address.

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And if certain communities are kept poor by design, then that's an even bigger issue we need to address.

Communities are not being "kept poor by design," although it is true that some rural areas are under-served by government services.

Upvote 0

agapelove

May 1, 2020
San Diego
✟50,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Upvote 0

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
While the mainstream media has promoted the idea of racist police unjustly targeting black people, official crime statistics revealed that's nothing more than a myth. One America's Pearson Sharp breaks down the numbers.
Wow, twice as many whites shot as blacks? Now that's saying real telling isn't it?

BTW how many white people in USA? How many black people in USA?
So if you are a white person, what are the chances that you get shot and killed by police?
If you are a black person, what are the chances that you get shot and killed by the police?

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Wow, twice as many whites shot as blacks? Now that's saying real telling isn't it?

So if you are a white person, what are the chances that you get shot and killed by police?
If you are a black person, what are the chances that you get shot and killed by the police?
We definitely need to up the number of whites getting killed.

• Agree
Reactions: jardiniere
Upvote 0

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
We definitely need to up the number of whites getting killed.
Woah down there buddy. LOL

I know your just joking.
Of course the USA police just need to calm down.
Obviously they'd be less on edge if so many people over there weren't carrying guns everywhere they go.

Actually I think USA police need to do a stint in civilised nations like UK, NZ and Aus and see how police deal with the public without resorting to shooting people.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Woah down there buddy. LOL

I know your just joking.
Of course the USA police just need to calm down.
Obviously they'd be less on edge if so many people over there weren't carrying guns everywhere they go.

Actually I think USA police need to do a stint in civilised nations like UK, NZ and Aus and see how police deal with the public without resorting to shooting people.
So if the calm down and the percentages stay the same, then what?

Upvote 0

JohnAshton

Aug 13, 2019
Logan, Utah
✟45,911.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Statistics also show that black males are about 6-8% of the population yet commit close to 50% of the violent crime.

They also show that a police officer is 18x more likely to be shot by a black person than a black person is to be shot by a police officer.

Here's another statistic for you. .003% of arrests end in a shooting. .002 to .001% of arrests end in use of force and 98% of those no one in injured.

This whole thing is built upon lies and false premise that it's a rampant problem. It's not.
You need to cite good support for your comments. Until you do, who cares about your opinions?

• Agree
Reactions: pitabread
Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟897,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
And I did not say black people do not have to serve their time. I am pointing out the injustice in how POC are put into situations where they are more likely to become involved with crime, and then they are punished more harshly than their white counterpart. Do you see how that is unfair? If you want a stunning example of this just look at the War on Drugs or the modern day marijuana industry. This is what systematic oppression is, and we need to deal with it.
My point was just because they are put in situations where tey are more likely to commit crime does not give them an excuse once THEY CHOOSE to commit the act.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟897,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I think you may have missed my point. It wasn't about numbers. It's about character. Being poor is not an excuse for bad character. Just cause I he poor are more likely to be involved in crime doesn't mean it's an excuse. Poor people can have good character. Being poor isn't an excuse for bad character.
thank you that was my point. Being poor may EXPLAIN some choices you make, but it does not EXCUSE them.

• Agree
Reactions: rjs330
Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟897,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Communities are not being "kept poor by design," although it is true that some rural areas are under-served by government services.
but as someone in a rural community that makes sense in a way. It can be hard to get services out here ( depending on various factors. Moreover, I have seen where some people in my community at least do not want to build up. By that I mean that many people tend to actually OPPOSE allowing too many businesses to move in and such.

Upvote 0

agapelove

May 1, 2020
San Diego
✟50,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
My point was just because they are put in situations where tey are more likely to commit crime does not give them an excuse once THEY CHOOSE to commit the act.
No one's using it as an excuse.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟897,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
No one's using it as an excuse.
People are that is basically what people are doing when they say it is because I am black. That is basically what they are saying.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

agapelove

May 1, 2020
San Diego
✟50,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
People are that is basically what people are doing when they say it is because I am black. That is basically what they are saying.
When have you ever heard a black person use the excuse "It's because I'm black" in court?

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟897,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
When have you ever heard a black person use the excuse "It's because I'm black" in court?
I did not say that this applied only in court.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,533.00
Faith
Pentecostal

What's the chances that black people will commit a crime? Which neighborhoods have more crime requiring more police contact? What are the chances that police will come into armed contact with a black person vs white?

What the percentage of blacks committing crime vs whites? Is a white person more likely to be a victim of a crime by a black.man or a white?

Upvote 0